Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
By the way, Categorized Favorites Menu isn't needed anymore with SkyUI covering favorites, and in a way that is insanely superior to CFM. It also does hotkeys, so More Hotkeys Please is also worth ditching from the OP. And although waterfalls and windmills would fall under visual improvements, SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills by SjoertJansen is incredible and new, making it yet another aspect of Skyrim's vanilla visuals that has been cracked open and replaced with a far superior modded variation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Raygereio posted:

Nope. The problem with a big modpack is that everyone's prefences for what they like in their modded games is different and removing individual mods from a pack can be a giant pain.

Same could be said about minecraft, except removing mods, it doesn't stop people from putting one together for us lazy folks.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Alasyre posted:

Woo, new modding thread. Lot's of space to fill with sweet, sweet mods.

Two suggestions for non-mod stuff:
Here's the S.T.E.P. guide to Mod Organizer, since video guides are usually painful to watch. This'll answer many questions that will inevitably be asked.

Skyrim GEMS should probably be in the Sources part. I know, it links back to the Nexus and Workshop, but it is a great resource for finding mods that are known to be good.

Maybe add Dreogan's Skyforge Weapons, since you have his other mods. They all link to each other, but they all deserve a mention in the OP.

Also, Kilroy has a few mods that really deserve to be mentioned, being goon-made and also awesome. Soulfire, for one, is a must-have. It uses your magicka pool to recharge enchanted weapons.

As for myself, I wish someone would make a mod that lets you skip Season Unending. I'd rather the Dovahkiin just tell everyone to shut the gently caress up and get along for a while instead of the stupid rear end negotiations that result in major political changes for no reason.

G.E.M.S! There's many many mods listed there that you guys should definitely try. Skyre, Frostfall and Deadly Dragons being the top candidates. Static mesh improvements is a subtle and great mod to have too.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know if ENB can be enabled through MO? I'm trying to keep the main Skyrim folder as virgin as possible.

There's this, an ENB manager. I've never tried it, though.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I really missed having unarmed in this game, has there been any good mods to address its absence?

There's Grandmaster and there's Way of the Monk, both of which seem to be pretty popular. I've never used them, so I can't comment on them. I'm pretty sure both of them are incredibly script-heavy, so make a backup before trying them out!

Apoplexy posted:

By the way, Categorized Favorites Menu isn't needed anymore with SkyUI covering favorites, and in a way that is insanely superior to CFM. It also does hotkeys, so More Hotkeys Please is also worth ditching from the OP. And although waterfalls and windmills would fall under visual improvements, SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills by SjoertJansen is incredible and new, making it yet another aspect of Skyrim's vanilla visuals that has been cracked open and replaced with a far superior modded variation.

It should be mentioned that Categorized Favorites is not necessarily inferior to SkyUI's favorites, because they accomplish different things. CFM, as stated in the name, allows for categories in your favorites menu, and the menu itself is also huge. Also, CFM Oni Edition updates CFM to include items from popular mods, so they show up in their proper category.

Oh, and Dragon Soul Relinquishment would be an awesome addition to the Gameplay section, since it let's you exchange excess dragon souls for perks, shout power, shout cooldown time, carry weight, unarmed damage, or attribute increase. It's configurable with an MCM menu, adds appropriate animations, and is lore friendly (you use a "dragonstone" in High Hrothgar to activate it, but only after getting the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller).

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 1, 2013

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Myopic posted:

I would if I had one! I just gave the files the same name as existing warpaints for testing purposes. You add new warpaints one at a time (to each individual race :suicide: ), in the "Tinting" tab of the race data window. Right click on Tint Layer, New. Should be obvious from there.

Ah, okay. I thought perhaps you had created a RaceMenu plugin which is what I've been trying to do so I could add them without replacing existing warpaints. I don't know anything about scripting though :negative: I'll hit up the creator of that big warpaint mod on Nexus though and see if they could lend some knowledge.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Neo_Crimson posted:

I've pretty much done everything you can do in Skyrim over multiple characters, including DLC. I had a ton of mods, but they were mostly bugfix stuff and weapon/armor mods.

Are there any quest/dungeon mods that aren't terrible? I'd like a reason to play this game again.
If you're looking to start a new game then Falskaar is a good option. It's about 20 hours worth of new quests and dungeons that are pretty well made and do a good job of mimicking the official content, and you can pretty much head straight to it with a new character.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'll just say that I got Skyrim for my birthday a few weeks back (after playing it on PS3 right at launch a bit), and I love the changes that SPERG introduces. No longer do I feel like I'm loving myself for taking full advantage of the stealthy trees by being short on otherwise useful perks. It's a great mod.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

J-Spot posted:

If you're looking to start a new game then Falskaar is a good option. It's about 20 hours worth of new quests and dungeons that are pretty well made and do a good job of mimicking the official content, and you can pretty much head straight to it with a new character.

The problem with that is if you've got +100 mods installed and have to go and find which ones need to be reinstalled with Falskaar support. Which reminds me, is Wyrmstooth good?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wyrmstooth is in fact good. If you're looking for quest mods try these:

-Aethernautics
-Moonpath to Elsewyr
-Wyrmstooth
-Undeath
-The Lost Wonders of Mzark
-Conan: The Hyborian Age

I'll add these to the OP. Won't be today, I'll be out most of the day, but I'll get on it after work tonight.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Raygereio posted:

There's simply no animation for that. Just like there isn't one for drawing a staff of your back or drawing two weapons.

Still better than before.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
I'm excited to run through Skyrim again, was waiting on SPERG 4.0 before I jumped back in. I still need to figure out what I need to do regarding the SPERG compatibility patches, however.

I'm also running with Realistic Needs and Diseases this time, as well as Inconsequential NPCs because I feel like there aren't enough random people filling out places like Rorikstead. Way too many empty spots in this game. Interesting NPCs also looks... well, interesting, but I am a little wary of custom voice acting. Are there any horror stories of voice acting in either Inconsequential or Interesting NPCs that I should know about?

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head
If you just want random people, Populated Cities adds generic NPCs to places. They use the vanilla voices as well.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I've had a good experience with Interesting NPCs, although of course I haven't found all of them, and it's quite possible there's some stinkers out there. Their main virtue from what I've seen is their lack of Mary Sues. One guy just pawns/sells scrap metal for a living, one guy works at the sawmill, stuff like that. The ones I saw at least didn't overshadow the more important vanilla NPCs in their towns.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

Myopic posted:

If you just want random people, Populated Cities adds generic NPCs to places. They use the vanilla voices as well.

Great, I want Exactly This, thanks!

Also maybe I will check out interesting NPCs as well.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Interesting NPCs has varying quality of voice acting ranging from some who sound perfect and you wouldn't realize they weren't always there and some with less than perfect recordings of still wonderfully acted lines that take away some of the immersion to some that are voiced by people with terrible microphones and read their lines somewhat flatly. Overall it's definitely worth it though I'd say. I found a few really fun quests that took me around most of the map and were definitely worth the time to see them through.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Seorin, which items constitute an artifact for the Artificer perk in SPERG? Is it just the items from the Daedric quests?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

ijyt posted:

I had a similar issue, but I dropped to 1 FPS whenever I looked at anything that wasn't the sky or the ground. The solution was that I hadn't specified the VRAM in the enb config. Is it possible that got reset when you updated?

I've specified the VRAM (Set VideoMemorySizeMB to 1024), but the problem's still happening. Using QuietCool, though when I tried just the basic ENBoost the same thing would happen - about 1FPS when looking at a random direction. Needless to say, it's intensely frustrating.

futile
May 18, 2009
For people with the issue of FPS dropping drastically when looking at certain areas in the new ENB:

Raise your VideoMemorySizeMb in enblocal.ini. This fixed the problem for me on my 1GB VRAM card. I've seen some ENB presets saying to use the following to set your number: VRAM + RAM - 2048.

benem
Feb 15, 2012
I found the voice acting in Interesting NPCs to be much less offensive than a lot of the writing. Every single NPC just has to be so goddamn wacky and colorful, and the PCs dialogue choices are usually obnoxious.

Still, it's a nice way to add variety to the game if you are on your 10th playthrough.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Scyantific posted:

Wyrmstooth is in fact good. If you're looking for quest mods try these:
-Undeath
I'll add these to the OP. Won't be today, I'll be out most of the day, but I'll get on it after work tonight.

Is there a patch to make undeath not break the thieves guild quest line, mage college quests and other random things? I tried suffering through the mod comments, but its painful to navigate. Some people had luck using tes5edit to fix it up, but it wasn't clear that everything worked out.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Hey, I'm planning on doing a replay of Skyrim and have been gathering some mods to use. I have a couple hangups, however, on choosing between a couple mods:

Climates of Tamriel vs RCRN - which comes more highly recommended hereabouts? CoT has many more endorsements on the Nexus, but that doesn't mean anything. The other is Deadly Combat vs Duel - Combat Realism, and my decision there basically boils down to "which makes it play more like Dark Souls?" haha. Thanks in advance for the help.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I found this cool little mod that lets you gamble on a dice game in taverns, and it got me thinking about how unconnected I feel to the game world. Are there any other good mods out there that add more little things like that to make the world feel a little deeper? All the ones I've found so far seem to be going for the "backbreaking peasant labour" niche.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Gilg posted:

Seorin, which items constitute an artifact for the Artificer perk in SPERG? Is it just the items from the Daedric quests?

Most things from here and here. I omitted things if they were disenchantable, had a non-unique enchantment, or had an enchantment that wouldn't really work on other items (a lot of shields). The DLC patches also add similar items from each DLC, again according to pages on that wiki.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Davoren posted:

I found this cool little mod that lets you gamble on a dice game in taverns, and it got me thinking about how unconnected I feel to the game world. Are there any other good mods out there that add more little things like that to make the world feel a little deeper? All the ones I've found so far seem to be going for the "backbreaking peasant labour" niche.

I can't offer you any advice, but yeah. That's a big gripe of mine in Skyrim. I maintain that Red Dead Redemption had one of the best implementation of an open-world regarding immersion. I would spend hours just playing dice and card games in the saloons.

Sorry for the derail.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Gonna plug a few of my (IMO) better mods here for inclusion in the OP:

Acquisitive Soul Gems <- Trapped souls only go into gems of the same size.

Breezehome Basement 3x2 <- A basement addition for Breezehome. Pretty basic e.g. doesn't include full-out blacksmithing workstation or smelter - being underground, no hot tub, underground greenhouse, sex dungeon, etc. Also no quest you just buy it from the steward like everything else. I made this because I couldn't find a single Breezehome addition that didn't suck. Includes enchanting station, two chests, two mannequins, two bookshelves, one weapon rack, a chair, a rug. That's it.

Flora Respawn Fix <- Ever notice that plants and other harvestables effectively don't respawn? That's an engine bug. This mod works around that engine bug. Compatibility patches for Convenient Horses and Harvest Overhaul are available.

Perk Books <- Buy books to teach you perks in much the same way that books teach you spells. Don't use this if you're using any mods that heavily modify perk trees (e.g. definitely incompatible with SPERG).

Soulfire <- Merges your magicka with the charge on your enchanted weapon. Using the weapon will draw power from your magicka until you run out, at which point it will draw from the weapon. Higher-level enchanting skill makes you more efficient at recharging. Toggle-able. You can also recharge your weapons with this, of course.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

seorin posted:

Most things from here and here. I omitted things if they were disenchantable, had a non-unique enchantment, or had an enchantment that wouldn't really work on other items (a lot of shields). The DLC patches also add similar items from each DLC, again according to pages on that wiki.
Got it, thanks. I had a Blade of Woe that was losing charges and wasn't sure if that was counted as an artifact or not.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Kilroy posted:

Gonna plug a few of my (IMO) better mods here for inclusion in the OP:

Breezehome Basement 3x2 <- A basement addition for Breezehome. Pretty basic e.g. doesn't include full-out blacksmithing workstation or smelter - being underground, no hot tub, underground greenhouse, sex dungeon, etc. Also no quest you just buy it from the steward like everything else. I made this because I couldn't find a single Breezehome addition that didn't suck. Includes enchanting station, two chests, two mannequins, two bookshelves, one weapon rack, a chair, a rug. That's it.
On the subject of player homes, for some reason I'm just one of those people that doesn't really care much about them. All I do is usually find a single chest and store everything in it that I don't sell for whatever reason. I'll also buy upgrades to the home if they add useful things like an enchanting table. But other than that, I don't bother with decoration or anything else really.

I'd be pretty satisfied with a Bag of Infinite Holding. Maybe I should search for a mod for that. Perhaps there is one that isn't a buggy piece of trash.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Inverness posted:

I'd be pretty satisfied with a Bag of Infinite Holding. Maybe I should search for a mod for that. Perhaps there is one that isn't a buggy piece of trash.

With Convenient Horses your Horse basically becomes this. You can even set it up such that you can just draw from it anywhere with the touch of a hotkey.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Inverness posted:

On the subject of player homes, for some reason I'm just one of those people that doesn't really care much about them. All I do is usually find a single chest and store everything in it that I don't sell for whatever reason. I'll also buy upgrades to the home if they add useful things like an enchanting table. But other than that, I don't bother with decoration or anything else really.

There's Haven Bag where you can climb inside of the bag and be carrying a full complement of crafting stations, a bed, and storage with you at all times.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cerevisiae posted:

Interesting NPCs has varying quality of voice acting ranging from some who sound perfect and you wouldn't realize they weren't always there and some with less than perfect recordings of still wonderfully acted lines that take away some of the immersion to some that are voiced by people with terrible microphones and read their lines somewhat flatly. Overall it's definitely worth it though I'd say. I found a few really fun quests that took me around most of the map and were definitely worth the time to see them through.

How much better is it then falskaars 'voice acting'?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Lawman 0 posted:

How much better is it then falskaars 'voice acting'?

I haven't Falskaar yet but here are some examples of Ineresting NPCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4X5-Bjsfck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN62EXRSzRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8d8OnN7ZEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttbELq6IkP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4W_L3dOgQU

And a couple of the ones I've come across I didn't like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3p1011vSME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQtRiHo2S4

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm looking to start a new game as a nobody. The another life mod looks good. But I feel whenever I try and play this way, it never feels too different to bein dovahkin.

I want to be a little waste of space, smelting crap for poo poo gold and occasionally punching a bandit. What 'gently caress you over' mods do you recommend?

Also, any good ones that makes exploring a little more incentive? I dunno, better random loot for instance. I'd love to scour the map corner to corner, and I don't know why, but I always get a bit bored/crestfallen.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
If you install a mod like Trade and Barter you can set it to pretty well screw you over on gold when selling things to be sure it's harder to become fabulously wealthy.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

simosimo posted:

I'm looking to start a new game as a nobody. The another life mod looks good. But I feel whenever I try and play this way, it never feels too different to bein dovahkin.

I want to be a little waste of space, smelting crap for poo poo gold and occasionally punching a bandit. What 'gently caress you over' mods do you recommend?

Also, any good ones that makes exploring a little more incentive? I dunno, better random loot for instance. I'd love to scour the map corner to corner, and I don't know why, but I always get a bit bored/crestfallen.

From the posts I read in the last thread, Requiem basically makes the game impossibly difficult. Like, "I just got my rear end handed to me by a mudcrab." Combine that with the left for dead start in Live Another Life, and you'd be well on your way to having a painful waste of space play through.

e: Actually, that could potentially make for a really fun stealth / no combat play though. I'm not sure what Requiem does to stealth.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Seorin, I've just picked up the Lockpicking perk that should start lockpicks near the opening position but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This is on a character that started on the RC1 and upgraded when the version on the Nexus came out (not sure if there was actually any difference). I remember reading in the other thread that this perk just gives you the vanilla perk, so I checked if I had that, and I don't. Doing player.hasperk on the original returns 0, while doing it on the SPREG perk returns rank 2, if that's helpful.

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
If I use a static level mod do I need compatibility patches for weapon and armor mods, or will a bashed patch help with that? I assume I need patches.

e: Nexus is down for the billionth time so I guess it doesn't matter

willjbish fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 2, 2013

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

My game seems to to be crashing repeatedly when heading northwest from Falkreath. Twice it happened when opening my favorites menu, the other few times it happened randomly just when walking towards the road. Does anyone know of any popular mods that might cause issues in the area?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Inverness posted:

My game seems to to be crashing repeatedly when heading northwest from Falkreath. Twice it happened when opening my favorites menu, the other few times it happened randomly just when walking towards the road. Does anyone know of any popular mods that might cause issues in the area?

Nothing's immediately coming to mind, could you post a screenshot or text list of the mods you're using?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

Nothing's immediately coming to mind, could you post a screenshot or text list of the mods you're using?
Sure.

code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Night Eye Overhaul.esm
XFLMain.esm
Ambience Music Overhaul - with vanilla music.esm
SPIKE.esm
Falskaar.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Ambience Music Overhaul - Addon - with vanilla music -.esp
Ambience Music Overhaul - Combat - with vanilla music.esp
Ambience Music Overhaul - Interiors and Special - with vanilla music.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Morrowloot_nwah.esp
GetNPCInfo.esp
NEO Persistent Spell.esp
lt_better_horses.esp
MarkRecall.esp
Owned.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
No Sun.esp
Radiance.esp
ExpandedCarriageService.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
DG-NoAttacks.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Night Eye Overhaul.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
DeadlyCombat.esp
DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
ArtifactOverhaul.esp
ACE Archery.esp
ACE Armor.esp
ACE BYOG.esp
ACE Enchanting.esp
ACE Magic.esp
ACE Melee.esp
ACE Realistic Fighting.esp
ACE Smithing.esp
ACE Speech.esp
ACE Synergy.esp
Character Creation Overhaul.esp
CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
Economics of Skyrim.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
3DNPC.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
crystalis.esp
buildablehouse.esp
quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
quest_pitfighter.esp
quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
quest_seaofghosts.esp
quest_sorcery.esp
quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
tos_laintardale.esp
tos_oakwood.esp
EMHighviewCottage.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
kisisa.esp
lonelykarliah.esp
BetterDarkBrotherhood.esp
Wyrmstooth.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
FalskaarDawnguard.esp
SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC and Falskaar.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Undeath.esp
EmpoweredMagic.esp
EmpoweredMagic_Dawnguard.esp
EmpoweredMagic_Dragonborn.esp
Inver - EM - ABO - Dragon Priest Mask Fix.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
DeadlyCombat_ASIS_Patch.esp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hopefully Hothtrooper continues to post in this thread. How long until you expect version 7 of Immersive Armors to be out?

I'm still around. IA 7 is closeish now. It is much bigger than any previous update which has caused it to take awhile.

Just a few fixes for newly implemented sets from other authors must be done in addition to some more coding of the dynamic leveled list alteration component being added in v7.

Talos Armor is getting close too, and it will be a decent sized quest mod with voiced npcs and multiple sets of armor etc.

• Locked thread