Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Scyantific posted:

I like this. If you don't mind, I'd like to stick this in the OP.

Might want to edit out the non Skyrim related bits, but sure. I really wish there was more mods that actually changed the way Skyrim leveling worked but there really isn't. There are a few that adjust the curve and you can fiddle with settings in the Uncapper but that is about it. I suppose people do not feel a need to go down that road since it works fine by default ? Especially if you throw in Perk mods since those seem more exciting to make then adjusting a whole bunch of leveling math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Leelee posted:

Is there any mod out there that ever fixed the glass cases not holding anything in the Hearthfire homes? That drives me crazy that I can't store any daggers or anything, and all I can do with those cases is open and close them.
You can place items in the display cases yourself. Standard decoration tips apply: Drop the item on the ground, then exit & reenter the room. Grab the item by holding down the use-key for a moment. Once you've dragged the item where you want it, release it by tapping the use-key.
For more precise item placement you can use these console commands:
GetPos <X,Y,Z>
SetPos <X,Y,Z> <value float>
GetAngle <X,Y,Z>
SetAngle <X,Y,Z> <value float>
Target the item for these commands by clicking on it while the console is open.
Sometimes a SetAngle command doesn't seem to have an affect. If you either grab the item for a moment or do SetPos command, your SetAngle change will be visible.
Also if you use these commands to make an item float, that item will drop down when the area is reloaded.

The hearthfire homes do not have a noreset flag, so if you stay away for a while the interiors will reset and your carefully placed decorations will be ruined. This mod gives them the noreset flag.

If you just want to place a knife or something in the display cases you could try this mod. This will prevent you from putting in items yourself though.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 3, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009
Interesting NPCs 3.0 is out now. The first non-beta version in a very long time. Compatibility with EFF/AFT/Convenient Horses supposedly available without needing a special stripped-down follower version. Some overhaul of its questing system has been done as well. If you were undecided about this mod previously now is the time to give it a shot.

Also wanted to call attention to Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul. Just got updated today. This is by far the best landscape texture pack I've ever seen for this game. The author is still working out some bugs with tiling/seams here and there, but installing this will make a huge impact on your game, even if you already had a wonderful texture pack like the combiner installed already. Just look at the screenshots.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So I finally got a chance to test out Dwemerverse for a bit. Holy crap it's pretty loving cool. Some of the spells might essentially break stuff like Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases, since said spells instantly teleport you to a shelter where you can sleep.

Oh, and airstrikes! :black101::science::black101::science:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
The hardest part of starting a new game for me is deciding what class to be. :ohdear: I'm using Character Creation Overhaul at the moment, and even if I wasn't I still like to pick a class to put me in the right mindset for things.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Raygereio posted:

You can place items in the display cases yourself. Standard decoration tips apply: Drop the item on the ground, then exit & reenter the room. Grab the item by holding down the use-key for a moment. Once you've dragged the item where you want it, release it by tapping the use-key.
For more precise item placement you can use these console commands:
GetPos <X,Y,Z>
SetPos <X,Y,Z> <value float>
GetAngle <X,Y,Z>
SetAngle <X,Y,Z> <value float>
Target the item for these commands by clicking on it while the console is open.
Sometimes a SetAngle command doesn't seem to have an affect. If you either grab the item for a moment or do SetPos command, your SetAngle change will be visible.
Also if you use these commands to make an item float, that item will drop down when the area is reloaded.

The hearthfire homes do not have a noreset flag, so if you stay away for a while the interiors will reset and your carefully placed decorations will be ruined. This mod gives them the noreset flag.

If you just want to place a knife or something in the display cases you could try this mod. This will prevent you from putting in items yourself though.

Thanks- the second one is exactly what I was looking for, actually!

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Emong posted:

The guy behind Apocalypse Spell Package released Thunderchild a few days ago and it looks pretty cool. It adds a bunch of new shouts and some little minigames to play to unlock them.

I'd just like to point out that one of the 3rd level shouts in this mod lets you explode the sun. That is all.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Scyantific posted:

Content: I have added all the info for Seorin's SPERG mod in the appropriate place.

Thanks a bunch! I didn't get around to editing the OP before actually releasing 4.0, so at this point you might be better off copying the info from the Nexus page, which is a lot more up to date. If you want to just leave it, that's fine, too. It gets the point across well enough.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

seorin posted:

Thanks a bunch! I didn't get around to editing the OP before actually releasing 4.0, so at this point you might be better off copying the info from the Nexus page, which is a lot more up to date. If you want to just leave it, that's fine, too. It gets the point across well enough.

Hi Seorin,

If I'm still on the last 4.0 beta release before RC1, is there anything I need to do to upgrade to release besides "StopQuest SPEQuestCredit"?

Edit: vvvv Thanks

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 4, 2013

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Just stop the quest before upgrading and start it again after. The 4.0 release is barely any different from RC1, so it's effectively the same upgrade.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Hate to add another bug report for SPERG, but besides the Locksmith perk not seeming to work for me, Soul Scavenger is giving me nothing but Greater or higher souls, even on regular skeletons, draugr, and wolves. The only mod I can think of that might effect it is the Smart Souls SKSE plugin I use.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Has anyone tried Horsemen lately? It looks really good, but I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether or not it works with Dawnguard and/or Dragonborn.

I've also given Gypsy Eyes Caravan a try. I love the concept, but I'd much rather sleep inside than outside. Would it be really hard to use the Creation Kit to somehow put a bedroll on the floor of the interior?

Praetorian Mage fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 4, 2013

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Are there any good sound related mods? I don't mind how it sounds, just curious if anyone has any ideas for something more.

Akalies
May 31, 2000
Can anyone recommend a ENB preset that A. Has actual dark dungeons that aren't completely gray and hideous blobs and B. Maintains some of the setting's coldness in it's coloring?

futile posted:

Also wanted to call attention to Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul. Just got updated today. This is by far the best landscape texture pack I've ever seen for this game. The author is still working out some bugs with tiling/seams here and there, but installing this will make a huge impact on your game, even if you already had a wonderful texture pack like the combiner installed already. Just look at the screenshots.

Wow, this looks really nice. I figured I was done after TPC + Parallax Remastered, but the leaves on the ground were enough to get me interested. Here's hoping the nexus actually lets me download it at some point.

Akalies fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 5, 2013

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Are there any good sound related mods? I don't mind how it sounds, just curious if anyone has any ideas for something more.

Something like this? http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=143840115

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

splifyphus posted:

Yeah [SPERG] pretty much requires a clean save. Every perk tree is overhauled. Maybe if you reset all your perks and saved first, but still not a great idea.
I'm getting mixed messages here, from the OP: "Many goons have given this a shot so far and loved it. Existing characters can be used just fine, so there's no need to wait (make a backup save first, like you should when installing any mod)."

Erring on the side of caution here, can someone clarify wether or not I should use a new save after installing SPERG?

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
OK, I think I need a little help here...

So I wanted to install that nifty Dual Sheath Redux mod, which listed as a requirement the XP32 skeleton mod, which in turn said it required realistic ragdolls and force. So I installed all of those, and somewhere along the way one of them recommended the Immersive Animations and FNIS I think, or I just saw them in the OP, but in any case I installed those too.

So now when I load a save, all of the characters, my own and the NPCs, are stuck in the neutral position, and I get this error message saying that Dual Sheath Redux needs something called SkyProc patcher to work. Which I cannot figure out how to work, and seems to require some knowledge of Java programming to install? What? Can anyone help with all of this?

I also have Player Headtracking, the YY Anim Replacer - Zweihänder, and the 3rd Person Dual Wield Animation Fix installed, which had been working fine before, if that helps.

Edit: Ok! Nevermind, I figured it out... I just need to read the installation instructions a little closer next time. :downs:

This stuff gets complicated though, perhaps a brief explanation of SkyProc patcher and other common installation procedures would be a good addition to the OP?

RennZero fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 4, 2013

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Currently playing requiem with a new guy, I like how slow paced it is, even jogging drains your stamina and forces you to slow a bit. Everything needs to be considered and I like it!

I am a ship wrecked argonian and I took on 3 angry horkers when I got to shore, with an iron dagger. It took 15 minutes , but I won.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If this actually does what it says it does, it sounds pretty cool. Supposedly makes high uGridsToLoad settings more stable and allows you to unfuck your savegames if you encounter problems.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41592/

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Morgoth posted:

I'm getting mixed messages here, from the OP: "Many goons have given this a shot so far and loved it. Existing characters can be used just fine, so there's no need to wait (make a backup save first, like you should when installing any mod)."

Erring on the side of caution here, can someone clarify wether or not I should use a new save after installing SPERG?

That's if you were updating from an older version of SPERG. If your character is vanilla right now you should be fine.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Morgoth posted:

I think everyone is saying use a new character because it gives you more time to gently caress around with the new trees and perks and such. SPERG isn't too terribly script heavy, and it's those mods that tend to cause problems later on when you uninstall them.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 4, 2013

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
So, these are super girly, but I love these "Elven Dresses": http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39922/

They just look so nice in game!

I've also mentioned them before, but if you're looking for robes or clothing recolors, this person has some nice things for males and females (over in about 3 mods): http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20924/

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Consider me another satisfied customer, SPERG is loving awesome based on a few minutes reading about the perks and applying them to my character. :swoon:

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Morgoth posted:

If you make a backup save first, you've got nothing to lose.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Morgoth posted:

Consider me another satisfied customer, SPERG is loving awesome based on a few minutes reading about the perks and applying them to my character. :swoon:

The best thing, the literally best thing for my stabbing-sometimes-cantrips thief is the scrubtier Flame Affinity perk in the Destruction tree. Nothing incentivizes having Flames in your other hand than a small chance of 300% weakness to fire for a moment. :allears:

It's actually amazingly powerful at 40-so destruction where I mainly use Firebolts or whatever. I can take a huge bite out of things with a flurry of dagger hits until the target flashes orange and then dual-casting a Firebolt point blank.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
SPERG is really amazing! I've just restarted playing this game and seorin's Mod makes it a better one.

That said, I'd like to try some new mods, and I'm here to ask for an advice: will anything in this list conflict in a serious way?

Unofficial Patch
SPERG
SkyUI
Alternate Start
Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
Apocalypse
Thunderchild
EFF

Also, I've tried an ENB release (Opethfeldt v6, if I remember correctly), but everything was...super diffused, out of focus; it also tanked my FPS in a way it shouldn't be possible on this kind of rig, with such poor results. I think I've probably screwed up something during the installation; is there any easy to follow, dummy-proof guide on how to install configure ENB?

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 4, 2013

DeeVoc
Oct 27, 2008
I'm finally playing all the way through this a year or so after buying it. I'm assuming I should just install the Unofficial Path and leave the rest be, you know, just to fix fun stuff like having Skjor call me a welp and give me tasks to do months after he was killed . . .

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I'm currently playing as a mage and am using Forgotten Magic Redone, which is really, really nice. It doesn't add a metric fuckton of spells, only 31, but you level them up as you use them. Each level up gives you one skill point which you can use to unlock improvements for that spell. 31 spells, 10 improvements for each. It can be configured via MCM.

Some of them seem a little overpowered once maxed out but it's a long way to max them out and I'm having a lot more fun with this than with Acopalypse or Midas. No need to ditch Apocalypse or Midas, FMR works alongside those. Highly recommended for those who like to play mages who will kick rear end and take names. :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Those mods shouldn't really mess with each other, but you'll definitely want to pick up the SPERG patches for any DLC you may have (DG or DB), EFF, and Immersive Armors.

As for ENB installing, it's kind of simple.

-Download the ENB binaries from http://www.enbdev.com
-Download your ENB preset
-Copy over the d3d9.dll file from the Wrapper Version folder of the ENB binaries (from step 1)
-Copy over the main files from your ENB preset from step 2. Most of them usually stick them in a folder called "Main Files" or something like that.

If you don't like the out of focus stuff, open up the enbseries.ini file in the Skyrim root folder, find the line that says EnableDepthOfField and set it to False

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DeeVoc posted:

I'm finally playing all the way through this a year or so after buying it. I'm assuming I should just install the Unofficial Path and leave the rest be, you know, just to fix fun stuff like having Skjor call me a welp and give me tasks to do months after he was killed . . .
If you haven't played Skyrim before, then I'd instal the Unofficial Patches and then play for a while so you can see excactly what it is you want to change/add/remove before throwing in mods willy nilly.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Thanks for the answer! I've got another little problem...when I launch skyrim, I ctd.

Boss is saying: Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it

But Spike.esm is in the data folder (got it from the Immersive Armor package), and it's ticked in the launcher. This is a fresh install with only the mods up there installed (and the HD texture official pack).

Any idea?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

That Italian Guy posted:

Thanks for the answer! I've got another little problem...when I launch skyrim, I ctd.

Boss is saying: Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it

But Spike.esm is in the data folder (got it from the Immersive Armor package), and it's ticked in the launcher. This is a fresh install with only the mods up there installed (and the HD texture official pack).

Any idea?

What's your mod load order?

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

I'm loving SPERG, but I also want to use a stealth overhaul. Does anyone use Path of Shadows with it? What's the best way to make them work together? So far my very limited testing with just the stealth changes seems to work fine, but I haven't looked any deeper.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

k-spar posted:

I'm loving SPERG, but I also want to use a stealth overhaul. Does anyone use Path of Shadows with it? What's the best way to make them work together? So far my very limited testing with just the stealth changes seems to work fine, but I haven't looked any deeper.

Use this

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I uploaded my SPERG "Weapon Styles" Add-on to the Nexus. Here's the link for those of you who might be interested.

Edit: Could the link maybe go in the main SPERG OP? I crave exposure.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 4, 2013

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

I checked that out, but it feels way too easy still. I was able hide about 20 feet in front of a guard in daylight, just in some slight shadow from a wall. I had the Stealth Skills Rebalanced_SNEAK_BASIC files, with the update to 1_23 and the SPERG update installed. It didn't feel all that different than vanilla though.

Is path of shadows just poo poo out of luck? It seemed like the actual sneaking worked right, but when I backstabbed a dude I got a 30x multiplier instead of my normal 15 with a dagger.

edit: I was just using the sneak changes part of PoS too, was surprised that it messed with the damage multipliers. noticed that my bow did 2.3x as well.

k-spar fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 4, 2013

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

What's the best way to get weapon/spell hotkeys ? Some mod I have (SkyUI I think) does some strange grouping thing, but I still can't just press a button and get a working weapon/spell set right now without using favorites menu.

futile
May 18, 2009
You should still be able to bind 1-9 to spells/weapons by highlighting over it in the favorites menu and pressing the key. If you're looking for more than that, More Hotkeys Please will open the door to a ton of new options.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Nevermind, I figured it out, and SkyUI works just fine. For some reason I thought that it should equip the group by pressing 1-2-... buttons but it was using F1-F2-... :cripes:

I had to play with it until I found out how to bind two weapons for one slot though, it's not very intuitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know of something that repositions the way axes, war hammers and staves are carried on the back? There's a whole class of weapons I won't use because it looks so drat silly having the handle sticking out two feet above my head.

• Locked thread