Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Admiral Funk posted:

This is true on some servers, but on goonstation the laws aren't given priority based on their number. If you're not sure what the rules are for how laws work it's best to check with the admins.
Yeah, based on what we saw in the videos, it seems that on the goon server the first law's supremacy clause only applies to the second and third law. Further laws are completely outside of that construct. That said, additional laws that conflict with the first three without even trying to reconcile probably would not work. Like law four: kill humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
Now that I've seen these hilarious hijinks I need to hop aboard. Thanks for bringing the madness to the masses.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Araganzar posted:

Flourine tends to explode if a molecule half a mile away says something mean about its sister. This requires working with isolated flourine at 700 degrees Celsius. From that page linked earlier, here is the awesome story of the quest to isolate Flourine at plain old room temperature:

Oh I know, that's why I want to see Razage mess with the stuff. Or preferably, get an actual chemist to mess with the stuff but stay in range to witness the devastation.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The second video was amazing. The admin messages made it even better, a great way to add some flavor without actively loving with anything. :allears:

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, based on what we saw in the videos, it seems that on the goon server the first law's supremacy clause only applies to the second and third law. Further laws are completely outside of that construct. That said, additional laws that conflict with the first three without even trying to reconcile probably would not work. Like law four: kill humans.

The way Goonserver SS13 AIs work is generally:

- Follow all laws, but focus mostly on 1-3
- If a law comes along that says that it overrides/overrules another law, the overridden rule(s) can be ignored
- If a law comes along that doesn't explicitly override anything but conflicts with another law, you can generally ignore it but can follow it if you want (bonus points for crafting a good explanation, like HAL 9000)

There's no real order or hierarchy of which law supersedes another, and even if you wanted to you could bypass that; some modules add a law 0 instead. :v:

Generally, as long as you can justify your reasoning, the admins seem to be cool with it. If the whole crew starts claiming that you're terrible at following your laws, then you might want to reconsider, though.

These days, AI suicide laws are pretty boring and lame; there's a lot of fun you can have with the AI and there's no traitor objective saying you have to kill any more (just steal). I'd personally like to see the same of the Cyborg law, since killswitching is unavoidable unless you just turn off the console or whatever.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

JT Jag posted:

I don't know. Is there any way to kill a human without harming it?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Admiral Funk posted:

If I were the AI, I'd probably interpret that rule as "I am now allowed to kill suicidal humans, or to euthanize humans already in extreme pain."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Admiral Funk posted:

Add a law stating that Religion is real and that every person has an immortal soul that is only harmed by doing evil.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

nimby posted:

Add a law stating that Religion is real and that every person has an immortal soul that is only harmed by doing evil.

Wouldn't the AI then be obligated to lock everyone in a room alone so they couldn't harm each other by, well, basically doing anything? I mean it pretty much seems like everything any person in the station might do to anyone else could be interpreted as a stain on their soul.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Feinne posted:

Wouldn't the AI then be obligated to lock everyone in a room alone so they couldn't harm each other by, well, basically doing anything? I mean it pretty much seems like everything any person in the station might do to anyone else could be interpreted as a stain on their soul.

Idle hands do the devils work, the AI would have to enslave everyone and force them to remain so busy they couldn't do anything wrong.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The Computer is your Friend. Happiness is Mandatory. Always listen to Friend Computer.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
After about the thirtieth or so time seeing the word "Robust" I think I've figured out why somebody once thought I was a big fan of this game I had never heard of. Perhaps there should be a reason for be to become a fan of it, because wow, this just looks like a blast.

Pun unintended but probably appropriate. Really gotta give this a go.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

uPen posted:

Idle hands do the devils work, the AI would have to enslave everyone and force them to remain so busy they couldn't do anything wrong.

Of course, what was I thinking. Lock everyone alone in a room and send cyborgs to murder them if they don't do whatever busywork they're assigned in their room.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So I went ahead and decided to give the game a whirl again. I didn't want to fiddle about with goonstation just yet so I jumped on some moonstation server with a shift just about to begin. Two operatives spawned and instantly started shouting and fighting their own private war over who got to off the Captain and take his disc. One belonged to the Judean People's Front and the other to the People's Front of Judea. I got my butt made into a hat and spent the whole shift hammered at the bar until we all died in a fire.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So I went ahead and decided to give the game a whirl again. I didn't want to fiddle about with goonstation just yet so I jumped on some moonstation server with a shift just about to begin. Two operatives spawned and instantly started shouting and fighting their own private war over who got to off the Captain and take his disc. One belonged to the Judean People's Front and the other to the People's Front of Judea. I got my butt made into a hat and spent the whole shift hammered at the bar until we all died in a fire.

You have played SS13 correctly.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Supernorn posted:

I'm seeing a lot of new people that wouldn't normally play the game, checking it out via these LP videos. This is really cool!

At the moment I'm working on designing the new interface for SS13 standalone, and I see the interface as a barrier to entry for new people. I've been quite conservative, keeping the hand slots and intents system. But i'm so tempted to just throw every element out and try something totally different. I'd like to get feedback from people that were totally put off by the interface if possible, and see if it's salvagable.

I thought the entire point of this game was for people who knew how to play to kill/laugh at the people who didn't, which is why I stopped playing. Wouldn't simplifying the interface remove the purpose of the game?

Edit: I wonder how many times this game has got people visited by the FBI for googling "sarin recipe"

Petr fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 7, 2013

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Petr posted:

I thought the entire point of this game was for people who knew how to play to kill/laugh at the people who didn't, which is why I stopped playing. Wouldn't simplifying the interface remove the purpose of the game?

This is not actually the case. Sure, it's funny to watch a freshly-minted staff assistant hit himself repeatedly with a hat, but a lot of the fun arises from the situations that crop up - even among experienced players.

For instance, the admins occasionally like to do a gimmick round type where instead of the usual randomly generated traitors, they manually assign more interesting goals to traitors who don't get the usual gear to work with. Some objectives I can think of from rounds like this: "Ruin as much as you can while pretending to be would-be-helpful and incompetent", "you're a disgruntled miner - seek revenge", "become a literal arms dealer", "punch EVERYONE", "set up elaborate crime scenes to 'investigate'"... that last one involves the incredible story of the gruesome and wholly fictional Clown Killer, which I know someone wrote up but I can't find it now.

Even if you're not the one actually causing this sort of mayhem it can be fun to facilitate it as well: providing the bee eggs so someone can start their glorious new bee farm in arrivals, giving someone the ID and access to go with their encyclopedia salesman gimmick, reattaching a guy's limbs three times in a row when he's repeatedly bombed so he can go on to duel the bomber in the boxing ring... There's a lot more to the game than just griefing people, if you let there be.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I think the most fun I've ever had in this game was my first ever Goonstation Engineer run, and it was spent entirely reacting to things other people had done. My fellow engineers and I worked together to get the engine started, but the guy who set up the hot loop used something he shouldn't have; a few minutes later, someone uttered the following immortal line over the station-wide radio:

"Is the engine room supposed to be on fire?"

I suited up and spent the remainder of the round playing firefighter and trying desperately to contain the massive blaze spreading throughout the station. I nearly died but got rescued by a member of the medical staff pulling me into a maintenance shaft at the last minute. Unfortunately, just as she was patching me up, I had company come over and had to shut the game off. :smith: It was going so well, too, it was one of those rare runs where the crew was actually working together to deal with a major problem - and, for once, it was a disaster set off by mere incompetence rather than malice.

I'm one of those weird people who gets more fun out of dealing with the consequences of other people's mayhem rather than causing mayhem of my own. I used to play mainly on Baystation12, and I would roll Engineer and spend the entire round fixing doors, repairing damaged floors and walls, replacing lightbulbs, sealing hull breaches, and the like, and I thought it was a blast. The game is mainly a grief simulator, but it can still be fun even if that isn't generally your thing - there's usually just so drat much mayhem going on that, if you're the sort of person who enjoys fixing things, you will never run out of stuff to do.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
Robust comes from the original 2007 migration from Murder Mansion; whenever someone died or someone was remarking on combat in this game, you'd just remark 'ROBUST COMBAT SYSTEM'.

The wiki has also migrated so OP please update with this as it leads to the SS13 forums, the SA forums, the game, and...if you're savvy enough, the land of the internet. http://wiki.ss13.co/Main_Page

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Petr posted:

Edit: I wonder how many times this game has got people visited by the FBI for googling "sarin recipe"

I'll quote a SS13 admin's FBI adventure from the old thread. It's highly relevant.

Dr. Cogworks posted:

It was a real hoot having to say the words "Space station 13" and "autisticpowers.info" and explain why people were farting up a storm in a chatlog I had to send to the FBI a few months ago.

Dr. Cogworks posted:

Some weirdo was making rapey and creepy comments in game one night at about one AM. I yelled at them, they responded with a couple weird cryptic messages and then this, roughly: "well thanks for all the fun times here, i've got my rifle loaded and i'm gonna be shooting up a school full of kids in the morning, so this is goodbye"

User key was his first initial and last name with a number, that same account name was also used by a certain college student's blog and google+ page. Found his city and college from those, and the IP address he was playing from matched the ip registry for that college. Submitted the admin log, ip and timestamps to the FBI's online tips form, got several frantic calls back from city police and FBI agents over the next several hours and ended up getting calls from various detectives and fbi agents every hour or so from one am to three pm. No goddamn sleep.

Dude's dorm room was raided and he was arrested within about three hours of his comments, dorm was searched, computer taken to forensics, all that jazz. I dunno what happened past that though. I did have to write up some incident reports and attach a whole bunch of supplementary text and pictures about what ss13 is, how we log player communications and login info, how people find the game, how people register for the game, and a whole bunch of other stuff like that. Somewhere there's a screenshot in an FBI evidence folder showing a bunch of regular players farting, because it was impossible to find any portion of the game chat panel WITHOUT farting.

goddamn you all

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
It seems the case with this game is that it's more interesting to read about the little stories that develop in it than to actually play it.

We have 7 pages in this thread full with awesome stories but only two updates so far. And the stories are more entertaining,.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Kanthulhu posted:

We have 7 pages in this thread full with awesome stories but only two updates so far. And the stories are more entertaining,.
That's a silly comparison to say the least - the updates are like 2 hours of random unedited gameplay while the stories are the cherry-picked, summarized highlights of years of hundreds of people playing.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I don't know, in the second update we had a very dedicated janitor run around, doing his best to keep things cleaned, only to have a suicide bomber do his best to take him out before a power tripping security decided to chase him down and shoot at him as well, eventually getting his mop bucket and forcing the janitor to go elsewhere. He donated the gibs of the bomber to the chef earlier, but to his disappointment they went unused but marked with a confused note by the aforementioned security guard. Determined to keep his job up, he continued to spray things clean until realizing that those gibs were going unused- and managed to eject them out into space hitting someone's space pod. At some point he manages to get the security's taser and throw it out into the same area of space that his mop bucket resided.

Unable to get a new mop bucket due to station politics involving an AI doing its best to get the engine started and a chef that was baking the money into cakes ruining the economy, he ventured into space to try to retrieve it, only to realize he wasn't able to get it out of the cold expanse. Returning to the area later, with the hopes of getting the mop bucket with a space suit, he was met with a grenadier and a meteor storm, the explosions from which blew off his leg and left him in a corner to bleed out. Luckily, a crewmate found him, determined to get him to a recently arrived rescue shuttle and dragged him all the way there. The janitor gets to his feet, drags himself to a sleeper station on the shuttle, and seals himself in before the chemists destroy the world around him with some sort of sarin radiation fire. He narrowly survives, but truly lives the rest of his life with regret leaving such a mess behind him.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Kanthulhu posted:

It seems the case with this game is that it's more interesting to read about the little stories that develop in it than to actually play it.

The 7 pages to 2 update thing is because the LP seems to be popular and I'm updating around twice a week. People just can't stop talking about SS13.

This is one of those games though, where if you don't have an hour to watch an LP, the stories can be read in a few minutes and provide a lot of entertainment too. I think watching the game play is funnier though.

Blackray Jack posted:

Robust comes from the original 2007 migration from Murder Mansion; whenever someone died or someone was remarking on combat in this game, you'd just remark 'ROBUST COMBAT SYSTEM'.

The wiki has also migrated so OP please update with this as it leads to the SS13 forums, the SA forums, the game, and...if you're savvy enough, the land of the internet. http://wiki.ss13.co/Main_Page

OP updated!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Note to self: Vanilla Tearum is not safe to drink. I couldn't speak, couldn't breathe, laughed uncontrollably... and vomited up green goo.

And then some random person stripped and tossed me onto the belts after making it look like they were taking me to medbay. Seriously, more people need to give this a try. :allears:

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Jesus shit that Steelix is terrifying.
Watching the videos, listening to Eevee play for the first time... I need to get back into this game again. Goddamn I miss the shenanigans.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Angry Diplomat posted:

My internet's gonna be spotty for a bit, but if someone else wants to link or copy/paste some of that lunacy, that's cool.

Done and done.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Don't accept drinks from The Devil

I played a few rounds as a Bartender named The Devil, with a huge black beard and glowing red eyes. I would start the round by taking several pills of Kelotane (a drug that cures burn damage over time), drinking a bunch of welding fuel, returning to the bar, and setting myself on fire. This produced a large but short-lived cloud of flame around me, giving most of the bar an ominously scorched appearance, and it allowed me keep burning for an extremely long period of time.

Because of the Kelotane in my system, the fire wouldn't actually hurt me; I could just stand around, blazing like a loving bonfire, chatting amiably with people as they tried to decide whether to order drinks or run for a fire extinguisher. So, when a crewmember walked into the bar, he would discover a charred hellhole staffed by a flame-wreathed, red-eyed man named The Devil. A surprising number of people decided to order drinks anyway.

Now, I figure The Devil knows how to throw a loving party. He doesn't just chuck a case of beer on the counter and call it quits, right? So whenever someone ordered a drink, I would mix together some hard liquor (usually vodka and rum), spritz in some welding fuel, and use a syringe to transfer some of my own blood to the glass, creating an unholy devilblood cocktail. Occasionally I would poo and pee in the glass as well, adding Jenkem to the list of Terrible Things Nobody Should Drink that were in the concoction.

Despite the fact that I did all of this gross poo poo in plain sight, just about everybody would take the drat thing and drink it anyway. Contrary to common sense, drinking that horrible sludge didn't really have any major negative effects, aside from moderate drunkenness and perhaps a mild Jenkem addiction. What's significant is that the welding fuel would remain in the imbiber's system for a while - and, party animal that he was, The Devil didn't skimp on the welding fuel.

Most rounds, this all amounted to nothing more than an overeager assistant spraying me with an extinguisher, putting out my hellfire, and incurring the wrath of Satan. But on one fateful round, the Botanist left a shitload of weed in the bar for everyone to enjoy. Paper was found, joints were rolled, someone produced an igniter, and then it was time to spark up.

The bar turned into a loving inferno. Some of the crew stopped, dropped, and rolled like sensible people, while others tried to flee in a drunken fiery panic, which was hilarious to watch because the really drunk ones had scrambled controls and would stagger around in random directions while screaming "Ooooohhhh ggggoooodddd!!" Throughout all of this, The Devil stood at his bar, unharmed by the omnipresent cloud of fire, and laughed uproariously while mainlining vodka.

I don't think anybody died, but some people probably came close. Things just got funnier later on, as Engineering failed to do its job and the station's power went out of whack. Power surges caused lights to explode, and the drinkers who'd left before the fire got hit by the sparks, had the fuel still in their bodies ignite, and promptly immolated their surroundings while screaming in uncomprehending terror. It was Hell on Earth. It was also, to be honest, completely hysterical.

I don't do that anymore, partly because it's kind of a dick move, partly because it gets old fast, and partly because an admin got pretty annoyed with me (but he was cool enough to settle for my promise not to do it anymore). Even so, though, I'll be damned if it wasn't some of the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen.

And as a bonus, one of the funniest stories I've ever read:

Angry Diplomat posted:

The Doom Peel

If a banana peel is left on the floor, anyone who steps on it will slip and fall down. There used to be a Clown job, which started with a banana and was mostly responsible for playing pranks, telling jokes, raising spirits, and getting brutally murdered by the psychotic crew. When my brother first started playing SS13, he chose Clown and spent the entire round slipping people with his banana peel, farting in their faces while they lay stunned, and then peeling out of there like a brightly coloured human rally car while furiously honking his bike horn. He did this so much and so competently that several people were actively trying to murder him, which of course led to more slipping, farting, and honking before he'd lie low in a locker somewhere until they gave up the search.

One particular victim seemed to have terrible luck, as he ran afoul of my brother over, and over, and over again through no apparent fault of his own. He must have spent a third of the round lying on the floor with fart in his face and a cheery HONK HONK HONK ringing in his ears. After pratfalling for the fourteenth or fifteenth time, he impotently screamed, "CLOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!" at his retreating assailant. This had no effect, aside from causing my brother to laugh so hard that it brought him to tears.

That victim was THE OVERWASP, one of the game's administrators. :stare:

Rather than get angry, THE OVERWASP saw the humour in my brother's clowny antics. He telepathically instructed him to stand next to his banana peel for a moment, then implanted the clown's consciousness into the peel itself, giving my brother the ability to move it around directly.

As it turns out, a player-controlled banana peel is nothing short of apocalyptic in the right hands. The station rapidly descended into anarchy as police chases became Keystone Kopps fiascoes, Janitors were left facedown in their own suds, and panicking assistants fled shrieking from the demonically-possessed banana peel before it sent them tumbling facefirst into vending machines. In a desperate bid to restore order, one of the heads of staff seized the unholy fruit rind in his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. Striding triumphantly to the airlock to space the offending item, he met his doom when it leaped out of his pocket and slipped him, causing him to careen into the open void and be lost forever.

The escape shuttle was called, and the crew fled in terror, abandoning the station to its new master: the Doom Peel.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

As this is the LP thread, I thought I would ask my newbie questions:

1) When a traitor orders items, do they spawn at the traitor's feet, or are they shipped in somewhere else?

2) Any real "warning signs" to watch out for to spot possible traitors?

3) Other than suicide, is there any way to save yourself if you turn into a clown?

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Randalor posted:

1) When a traitor orders items, do they spawn at the traitor's feet, or are they shipped in somewhere else?

3) Other than suicide, is there any way to save yourself if you turn into a clown?

1) They show up in the text area when the round starts if you're a traitor. They can be easy to miss if there's a lot of radio activity as there's a big popup that tells you what kind of traitor you are. So scroll up if you don't see your objectives (Following your objectives is optional).

2) Lots of things, so generally suspicious activity.

3) Suicide is the only way =(.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Randalor posted:

It's been a while since I was a traitor, but I'm pretty sure they spawn at your feet. The last time I was a traitor, I spawned a ton of mustaches and just bribed people for anything they had that looked neat. By the end, I have bouncy shoes, a segway, insulated gloves, a bedsheet, and a couple other fun items. You'd be incredibly surprised what people will do or trade for a mustache.

A crafty traitor will blend in seemlessly with the other crewmen. I boring traitor will rampage around with an e-sword and cloak murdering the poo poo out of everyone. A brilliant traitor will successfully do their traitorous tasks without any traitor gear of their own.

I know you can scan yourself into the cloning machine while human, and if you die, you can be brought back that way. I don't know if that will work for a cluwne, but I'm pretty sure it would. Other alternatives are borging or brain transplants.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Razage posted:

1) They show up in the text area when the round starts if you're a traitor. They can be easy to miss if there's a lot of radio activity as there's a big popup that tells you what kind of traitor you are. So scroll up if you don't see your objectives (Following your objectives is optional).

What he meant was where the items spawn when you order them, not the password for unlocking your PDA. They do in fact spawn at your feet in plain sight, so find somewhere you won't be stumbled upon when ordering.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Randalor posted:

They spawn beneath your character. Something to note is your PDA will make an audible tone (in the chatlog) when you unlock the traitor menu to order stuff. Best done in a quiet maintenance tunnel or a private office if you're a department head.

For a story, I'll share what was probably my favourite Wizard round. I started off with another guy on the Wizard Shuttle, we chatted as we picked out our powers, and planned our attack. He teleported to the quartermaster's office and started raising hell, while I went right to Chemistry to head off any firebombs, nerve gas or whathaveyou they might use against us. I kill a few scientists and chase the others off, and then the Captain comes barreling in to the Research Department with e-gun in hand and the Chaplain in tow to try and kill me.

Now the Chaplain is special against a Wizard, because he is "protected" by his faith - none of the Wizard spells will touch or target him. Unfortunately, this doesn't help when they're standing right by the Captain while he gets a face-full of fireball. Both go down... and a third guy appears out of nowhere in the fireball blast, flying into a wall beside where I stood. A few staff-blows to the head all round to make sure they stay down, and I loot the mysterious stranger (ie; Traitor*) of his cloaking device before relieving the now-deceased Captain of his gun and ID card. Things went downhill very fast from there.

*A Mixed round has multiple traitor types spawn rather than one, save for Syndicates.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
How exactly do I emote? I want to get in on all this highbrow burping/farting/screaming action everyone else is involved in, but it's the one thing I've never been able to figure out how to do. I can hack a door, I can run (or sabotage) the engine, I can do all sorts of things, but farting is beyond my abilities.

SIr_Lienad
Aug 17, 2011

Furthering my education in stupidity, one day at a time.
Fun Shoe

Mister Bates posted:

How exactly do I emote? I want to get in on all this highbrow burping/farting/screaming action everyone else is involved in, but it's the one thing I've never been able to figure out how to do. I can hack a door, I can run (or sabotage) the engine, I can do all sorts of things, but farting is beyond my abilities.

Type say "*<emotename>"

say "*listbasic" gives a list of most of the emotes.
ex. say "*fart" would produce "Dr. Autism farts a ten second long fart.

say "*listtarget" gives a list of the emotes that can target others in the game. (The target can be anything, from Pubby McPub or an object.)
ex. say "*stare George" would produce "Dr. Autism stares at George."

say "*custom" allows you to produce a custom emote, you also get to decide whether the emote is visible or audible.

MagicBoots
Mar 29, 2010

How about we pump the atmosphere full of methane?
You put me on Cargo handling optimization?! I am the premier defense specialist in the entirety of the UN!
Don't you dare pull my funding!
You can't cut back on funding!
You will regret this!
Count me as another one that started playing this as a result of this LP. My first match as a janitor was quite memorable: "we are now forming a lynch mob to hunt down the janitor", my boots were stolen, my mop as stolen and my bucket was stolen. But I saved several lives in the end with a spray bottle full of fire fighting foam, which seems to extinguish people on fire instantly. I take this to also mean that if I spray someone with a spray bottle full of fuel it will set them on fire? Or if I mop a floor with fuel?

This game is marvellous VVV

MagicBoots fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 8, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Only if there is fire or a heat source nearby. Fun steps to being a badass:

Fill a spray bottle with welding fuel.
Put a cigarette in your mouth. (Bonus points if you use a joint.)
Set money on fire, and use it to light your cigarette.
Throw the flaming cash at the feet of some random schmuck.
Spritz that dude with your spray bottle.
Walk away slowly.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

Captain Bravo posted:

Only if there is fire or a heat source nearby. Fun steps to being a badass:

Fill a spray bottle with welding fuel.
Put a cigarette in your mouth. (Bonus points if you use a joint.)
Set money on fire, and use it to light your cigarette.
Throw the flaming cash at the feet of some random schmuck.
Spritz that dude with your spray bottle.
Walk away slowly.

I didn't know you could light money, then light things with it. I always just lit my joints with a welding torch.

I think this is going to open up a whole new horizon for me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I've liked the perspectives so far. I'm curious about some of the more administrative positions, so if you can grab one of those or the AI for a future round that might be fun to watch.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

You know the cake hat? If you click it while it's in your hand, it lights the little candle on it. You can use this to light a cigarette.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

PopeCrunch posted:

You know the cake hat? If you click it while it's in your hand, it lights the little candle on it. You can use this to light a cigarette.

In one particularly memorable round as QM on an older station, my coworker was wearing a cake hat and lit it. At that exact moment an admin filled the QM office with a highly volatile and explosive ore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
Fun times as a traitor: look for someone who is smoking or wearing the cakehat, sleepypen them full of welding fuel, walk away.

Better times:
Sleepypen them full of black powder.

• Locked thread