Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you guys have also backed and played GSS please share your stuff, or hell, any other game like it that focuses on non-violent, positive stuff, post that too!

I helped playtest the translation, and it turned out really swell. :neckbeard:

I was really involved for a handful of playtest sessions compared to the others, mind, but yes this game is freaking adorable. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Speaking of nonviolent RPGs, I really liked Do: Monks of the Flying Temple. Here's the old Kickstarter page.

You're a group of very young monks, and you can fly, because you're unbound by earthly concerns. Every Monk-In-Training has to go on a pilgrimage, where they get a bunch of letters asking for help from all sorts of different worlds. For example, someone's home island may have been eaten by a whale. Or a wicked baron has sent an army of clockwork soldiers to take over the world! The game is GM-less, with players taking turns being the "Storyteller" or troublemakers, and basically your group's well meaning blundering is supposed to make the situation a lot more complicated before you're finally able to resolve the problem.

Here's a sample letter on Daniel Solis's website.

quote:

Dear Monk(s)
Hi how are you! My name is Melanie. I come from a very small planet.
There is me, my house, my cat, and two trees (see drawing).
I am not so good, because my planet has been eaten by a whale.
It is a very small planet. I woke up and I was inside a whale. I don't want to get (more) eaten.
Please help!
your freind
Melanie (age 8)
P.S. Drawing is on the other side.
P.P.S. I will make you cookies.

:3:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This post made me go hunt down a pdf of the book and I bought it and oh my gosh the art in it is amazing.

I did a good job! I am helping! :neckbeard:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ewen Cluney posted:

I'll see what we can manage for Mononoke Koyake. I've been fighting to get stuff lined up for printing and fulfillment, so the PDF extras aren't as high a priority, but it would be cool to get that out in time for Halloween. (It's also just a really nifty book in general.)

In other news, the PDF of the rulebook will be going up for sale for non-backers very soon!

I remember that you were alluding to bears being playable in Mononoke Koyake. I want to be a helpful bear, Ewen. Just, an actual bear that goes around town, delivering mail, taking out the trash, directing traffic. It is my dream and only you can make this possible.

• Locked thread