Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat
This past year I was introduced to "cooperative games," which I guess is a new gaming buzzword, by my niece and nephew by way of Forbidden Island. It stresses the idea of cooperation towards a common goal instead of competing for a singular win situation, and I really love getting kids into rpg elements in this way. The idea of working towards a common goal, having a dialogue at every step, just seems so great in an educational way. The kids are 14 and 10, and super smart, and they're probably ready for their first taste of dice games, but I'm sure that my sister and brother-in-law probably don't have the time or experience to build and DM a campaign, so this is a great start. I'm so glad that tabletop games have gone in this direction, it takes the boring educational part of "educational" games and builds some great life skills. And the fun part is the palpable feeling of tension that they can generate, it makes the win so much more exhilarating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread