Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

This is the Season 8 thread and hiatus: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437535

Gonna borrow DivisionPost's awesome OP here.

DivisionPost posted:

Okay, let's start with what it's about. Always Sunny is FX's landmark comedy about the misadventures of five vain idiots who run a bar -- Paddy's Pub -- in Allentown, PA. Wait, no, I mean Philadelphia, not Allentown. If this show was set in Allentown it would just be depressing.

Getting off track. Characters from left to right are:

Charlie Kelly (Charlie Day) - Borderline illiterate alcoholic, the type of person who requires an "angry room" in the bowels of the pub.

Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds (Kaitlin Olson) - Aspiring actress who has neither talent nor experience. Has an extreme fear of the elderly.

Frank Reynolds (Danny DeVito) - Once a successful businessman, eventually brought down by his long sordid past. In any other show his story would be one of redemption. This is not any other show.

Mac (Rob McElhenney) - Claims to have unparalleled skill in Close Quarters Combat, much in the same way...I don't know, somebody claims something about themselves that is far from true. I'm on the clock, people, work with me!

Dennis Reynolds (Glenn Howerton) - Possibly the most narcissistic of the five. The kind of person who develops a unique system - The D.E.N.N.I.S. System - for approaching women and using them for sex.

All five characters have known each other since childhood. Dennis and Dee are fraternal twins. Frank is their legal father; he rooms with Charlie, who may or may not be his biological son. Together they get into hosed up situations that expose them for the assholes they really are. It's pretty goddamned awesome.

Episode titles for season 9:

1. The Gang Broke Dee
  2. Gun Fever Too: Still Hot
  3. The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award
  4. Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare
  5. Mac Day
  6. This one is probably episode 9. Flowers for Charlie

Also some information on where to watch IASIP:

kami posted:

Just for the record this is going to be the norm. It's easier to re-purpose an existing channel in a networks' lineup to something else than it is to go through the process of adding a whole new channel and negotiating with cable providers to carry it.

NBC's coup, securing the broadcast rights for Barclay's Premier League soccer (at the expense of FSC and ESPN) was the final nail in the coffin. It was a niche channel to begin with, and just lost the most appealing league to American viewers willing to pony up for the "bonus sports package" in order to catch those matches (apparently... I always thought that the UEFA Champion's League [UCL] was the big draw for FSC).

So now FOX has a soccer-themed channel whilst it's live soccer broadcast rights are by this point utterly barebone and sporadic. They also have an idea to divide their FX channel content into older demo, drama-oriented (FX) and 18-34 demo, comedy-oriented (FXX). Instead of jumping through the hoops required to launch an entirely new channel and negotiate carriage with all the cable providers, they re-purpose FSC->FXX and SPEED->FoxSports1.

Naturally this is a problem because several of FX's most popular programs including, as confirmed at this moment, IASIP, The League, and Legit (also probably Archer, Wilfred and Louie when they start their new seasons) are going over to FXX, which went live yesterday. But since they're just transitioning FSC to FXX, FXX will most likely only be available to a subscriber who has a upper-tier cable package or knowingly added their providers' sports package to the tune of $10-15 extra/month.

The key point being: Cable subscribers who are paying for the most basic package, and who have had FX included in that package, are probably not going to be able to view FXX without some sort of upgrade.* Or option B, as others have suggested previously, is to call up your cable provider and act generally outraged that some of your favorite shows are no longer going to be available in the hopes they'll add FXX to keep your business (threatening to take your business elsewhere works wonders here... SEE: "Retention department"). In time, I anticipate most cable providers will re-tier FXX to be in the same basic package that includes regular old FX.
*According to THE INTERNET, Comcast will be moving FXX to their "Digital Preferred" cable package, which should include approximately 99% of subscribers who aren't dumb enough to pay money to Comcast for their most-most-basic package of like 30 channels, half of which you could get anyway via OTA antenna.

I whipped this up in a fury because there seems to be a lot of confused people. I hope it helps to explain things. If I was unclear please feel free to ask a question.

In the meantime... if you get FXX, be sure to watch ALWAYS SUNNY and THE LEAGUE tomorrow, Wednesday 9/4 at 10:00 & 10:30PM EDT. And fear not fellow soccer fanatics. UEFA Champion's League coverage will be primarily broadcast by the new Fox Sports 1, which has replaced SPEED Network. If you formerly got Fox Soccer, SPEED was almost certainly on the same tier and you'll also get FS1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPBTozqdvY

This show is also confirmed to have a 10th season, and Glenn Howerton said they are open to doing more.

WILDCARD BITCHES!

rawillkill fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Watching Reynolds vs Reynolds... Mac's BITCH scene is so god drat amazing.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
My school doesn't get FXX :suicide:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like it's part of my cable package :toot: HD, too. Which is weird because I thought I had the most basic of Comcast HD packages.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
We need to embed some inspirational music.

E: Like the first 20 seconds of this song on a loop.

Judge Ito Boxing fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 5, 2013

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Who pooped the thread?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

e: hooray, new thread tag!

<----- me IRL about Sunny being back

nasboat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I EAT STICKERS ALL THE TIME DUDE!

So excited.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new season should still show up on Amazon Instant Video tomorrow right?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm so ugly I can't even get a bus to hit on me :allears:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh god... she's going to end up with Cricket, isn't she? :ohdear:

Streets Ahead
Oct 21, 2010

cool cool cool
I briefly thought Dee was going to actually go out and get hit by a bus or something but I guess that might be too dark, even for this show

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
Oh my god, Dee has become Mac's mom. :ohdear:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Three Wolf Moon!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

hughesta posted:

Three Wolf Moon!

I'm almost mad Charlie isn't wearing it, but that'd require him actually getting new clothing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Dee's comedy act thriving whilst suicidal.

ChadyG
Aug 2, 2004
egga what?
Guys, Mac is wearing a shirt with sleeves.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I hope on the dvd for this they get Dr Drew to do commentary again, this has been loving great so far :allears:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

God drat, Dennis.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Is that Borat's sidekick?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ChadyG posted:

Guys, Mac is wearing a shirt with sleeves.

He's ashamed of his diminished mass. We've been over this.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

HUELL!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Dennis hired him didn't he

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Oh my god this is going to be fantastic.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Aaand she's confidant again. Time for the dry heaves.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Oh god please get on Conan

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

What do you say we go back to my hotel and have sex?

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
Oh god, her crash and burn is going to be THE BEST

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Dee is so hosed right now it's almost unbelievable.

hughesta fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 8, 2017

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Oh God Dennis.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
Two montages in one episode is pushing it, yeow.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Her back and pit sweat :allears:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
They have to still be in philly.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
HAHAhahah

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ahahaha oh my god it's perfect

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Professor Funk