Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hopefully there's a G2 Bruiser in the near future though.

I dont think the g2 bruiser is in the files yet.

Hopefully it has SA Hawkins though :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I want a mech with dual Hawkins RPRs. I finally picked that up for my Reaper and it's just... obscene.

vvv nice av

Chard fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 15, 2014

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

^^^ Thanks :)

I want dual flak cannons

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 15, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
After using my double HC earnings to buy a Rocketeer, I can safely say that i want a Rocketeer G2 with double Hellfires.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

After using my double HC earnings to buy a Rocketeer, I can safely say that i want a Rocketeer G2 with double Hellfires.

The second mech I bought after Brawler was a Bruiser. This is all I want from my stompy mecha game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXfVgYCxWI

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Pseudophile posted:

The second mech I bought after Brawler was a Bruiser. This is all I want from my stompy mecha game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXfVgYCxWI

:350: no scope pro click

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Autobalance needs work.

Friend and I played a Missle Assault game. It was a 2v2, not even a minute after the start I get autobalanced and it turns into a 1v3.

Next game it was a 2v3, friend and I on the 3. It autobalanced, again, I got thrown on the other team.

They seem to have no intent to keep parties together at all. Considering that, if the parties get split up so often, why do they put a max size on matchmaking? I mean, they'll just split parties up anyway.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Floppychop posted:

Autobalance needs work.

Friend and I played a Missle Assault game. It was a 2v2, not even a minute after the start I get autobalanced and it turns into a 1v3.

Next game it was a 2v3, friend and I on the 3. It autobalanced, again, I got thrown on the other team.

They seem to have no intent to keep parties together at all. Considering that, if the parties get split up so often, why do they put a max size on matchmaking? I mean, they'll just split parties up anyway.

I have been seeing a lot of the opposite happening as well. Parties join up and suddenly it has gone from 3Vs3 to 3vs6, and stays that way without autobalance or F8 volunterring functioning, until someone joins long enough to turn it into 4 vs 6 ten minutes later, then autobalance finally kicks in too little too late. Wowie zowie it's 4 vs 5 instead of 3 vs 6.

Same case for 2 vs 2 turning into 2 vs 4 the entire match. People leave in disgust, next match starts 2 vs 2, then once again becomes 2 vs 4 without autobalance kicking in because of course it gives the team with the duo more people.

Yes, it is a bitch when it breaks up a party and then they have to reform it. But I wish it split parties more often instead of it completely shattering the autobalance to the point of fighting a team twice or half your size, and no matter how much people hit F8 sorry guys, you can't try to help and join the small team.

Murphys law, if Goons are trying to team up it will split you. If you are playing solo, you will have three match servers in as many hours where somebody else's party completely breaks autobalance over it's knee and they get to enjoy a nice 3 vs 6 stomping with nothing anybody can do about it but leave and try to find a less hosed server.

Tl;DR: Autobalance is completely hosed regarding parties, but it is completely hosed in both extremes. Flip flopping between constantly forcing parties to reform, or disabling autobalance entirely and letting parties enjoy a nice 3 vs 6 match safe from any form of team size balancing.

EDIT: vvv I'm optimistic the Devs will fix things eventually, but the wording of the patch notes does not give the impression this pass is it for preventing 3 vs 6 with no team size fixing. Especially with wording like "Only Volunteers can or will be teamswitched after 50% match completion". But hey, at least parties will be split less often :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 15, 2014

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

There's a minor patch coming today that should hopefully resolve most of those autobalance issues you guys mentioned.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
God siege 2.0 really needs to come out :smith:

After playing for a while its just all starting to blend together. Yeah, you can do SOME cool stuff in siege (defensive launches, getting your eu to 20 or so while they're in the air, intercepting them on the way back to steal their eu) but 10 times out of ten theres no loving point. You plop 3 dudes on the AA and have 3 dudes run EU and THATS IT. Ships up? Get on AA! Enemy ship is up? AA! Don't know what do to? Get on the loving AA!

I really didn't want to see it as glorified KOTH like so many people have said it is, but it just is. Really wish they found (second thing) for Siege, but I don't know if it would have had any difference. The mode needs to be completely scrapped and redone, which is a shame because its a neat concept.

MA isn't much better, you just play loving musical chairs until someone wins. If you try to defend you just get a deathball to the face.

TDM and DM are boring poo poo, but they're always going to be boring poo poo because TDM and DM are boring in every game.

Matchmaking needs a facelift too. I don't know how it puts people on teams, but it doesn't do it well. Especially since I'm a team player, if I have idiots on my team I'm going to do poorly. The game's matchmaking is designed for pubstompers, basically. Maybe its because I have a high MMR, the game thinks it needs to dump retards on my team? Two above average dudes are going to do better than a "high level" dude and an average dude.

Raider definitely did not need a buff, and I'm going to keep saying that forever because it was a stupid decision. Hellfires, as much as I love them thematically, are dirt loving horrible. No, dirt is more useful than the hellfires right now. All the maps are designed to funnel you into either hallways, which will neuter hellfires if your enemy desides to dodge to the side, or tight corners, and close combat, where literally every other secondary does better. The amount of redbeam Technicians I've been killed by is astounding. I don't buy the idea that they're powerful at low levels. If you don't curve them just right in any given situation, you don't do any damage! On top of that, you can have a perfect shot lined up and some of them will graze a root or a truck or a stray pebble and you lose half the damage on them. On top of that, you need to perfect your positioning! Different parts of the map force you to turn like, 5 different angles, and 9/10 times straight on will miss the target. Dumbfires don't move fast enough or do enough damage, so they're basically just like throwing a handful of pebbles at someone.

Know whats good for a noobie to use? The TOW! Its simple, has a nice big splash, great damage, you can blow it up whenever you want, and generally goes in a straight line. Oh, and you can shoot around corners with it. GL is great too, because its the same loving thing but with a tiny arc on it. And you can use to to bounce off of walls and shoot people behind cover. And if you're going for area control, why not just use a Sabot mech? Huge damage hitscan weapons literally can not be a bad idea in a game with huge targets and slow movements. After assault Sharpshooter may be the easiest to use, its pretty much just a point and click adventure, only everyone hates you after.

Technician was another huge loving mistake to add (at least in its current iteration) because you can just sit behind a Turret mode and everyone shooting it or you (if you can utilize cover) and everyone shooting you will overheat or die :toot: It might be OK if they gave it some kind of resource on the healing other than heat, because if you have an incinerator near you, you can heal a bonkers amount.

Wow that post got big. I kinda just had to rage a bit I suppose, and the main forums don't let me swear. I didn't even do that poorly tonight, but I kinda flipped after a raider CHARGED INTO MY BASE AND KILLED ME ON MY RAMP WHERE I WAS REPAIRING.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, i just ran into my first hacker during a DM round. Speedhack, aimbot, and probably some high-damage hack considering how quickly he killed people. He was really loving poo poo up.

So obviously, everyone on the server formed an impromptu alliance to group up and hunt him down and kill him, and he spent the rest of the round running away and hiding. I even managed to kill him once.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Freak Futanari posted:

Welp, i just ran into my first hacker during a DM round. Speedhack, aimbot, and probably some high-damage hack considering how quickly he killed people. He was really loving poo poo up.

So obviously, everyone on the server formed an impromptu alliance to group up and hunt him down and kill him, and he spent the rest of the round running away and hiding. I even managed to kill him once.

Nah that's just a regular Scout.

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Raider needed the buff.

Meanwhile, whole team took stupid pills at the same time and stopped caring about AA. Went from 1900-230, to 0-19. Yay

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

ReapersTouch posted:

Raider needed the buff.

Meanwhile, whole team took stupid pills at the same time and stopped caring about AA. Went from 1900-230, to 0-19. Yay

It was a political statement. Your team came to the realization that they're actually pro-air after all.

Edit: As a no skill baddie, Hellfires make being a no skill baddie slightly more rewarding.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Mother FUCKER. Another previously close match turned into a joke of a stomp because a party joining completely hosed the balancer and stuck us with 4 vs 6 for seven minutes, when a two man party joined a previously 4 vs 4. Party starts going "Nah man, me and my pal win 2 vs 3 all the time" because that is totally the same difference, obviously. At least some of the non party enemies were TRYING to F8 their way onto our team, but of course it didn't do anything.

With the latest patch notes talking about breaking up parties or causing autobalance even less, instead of more, I only see this happening more often than the previous "Feels like every third match".

Kills my desired to keep playing and just take a break during a session more than any bad teammates or losing streak ever would. Because it is unquestionably bullshit when you get shoved into a 4 vs 6 or 3 vs 6 with nothing anybody can do about it but pray it takes longer than several minutes for more players to join the smaller team, and not leave.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 18, 2014

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

If they really want to make things interesting, they could always go the route of locking players into a server for that round. Sure you can leave, but you can't join any other games until that one is over.

The game REALLY needs map/mode votes at the end of rounds, though. Or playlists.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
It also needs more hc for losing (and arguably winning) as well as a stacking hc boost while staying in a lobby. They'd need to do a rotating game mode option though

E: IVE DONE IT AGAIN!

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 18, 2014

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

But do you need 4 Bruisers

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

YellerBill posted:

But do you need 4 Bruisers

That's a good question. He should have at least five or six.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
https://community.playhawken.com/topic/54241-so-you-want-to-play-bruiser-get-in-here-and-listen-to-me-the-king-of-bruisers/

I finished my bruiser guide! Go check it out if you have an interest in the bruiser.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

That is a good guide. Thank you.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is the Assault G2 worth spending time on levelling the Assault? It looks pretty fun to walk around with two chainguns, but i hear it's kinda underpowered, but that doesn't stop enemy G2s from tearing me a new one every time i meet them. Is it worth the time and HC?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Freak Futanari posted:

Is the Assault G2 worth spending time on levelling the Assault? It looks pretty fun to walk around with two chainguns, but i hear it's kinda underpowered, but that doesn't stop enemy G2s from tearing me a new one every time i meet them. Is it worth the time and HC?

IIRC you get it for free once you max out the regular Assault so go hog wild (assuming you enjoy the Assault)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Centering the text makes it super obnoxious to read, just FYI. :(

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

This was a nice read, and makes me have to remind myself people who play videogames are often (through some large miracle) dumber than I am.

Because when the enemy team has one or two Rocketeers on it, they will of course complain about that one Bruiser shooting them with Hellfires while their rocketeers blow my berserker out of the sky by the AA without the slightest trace of self awareness. Any attempts to point this out by the entire team are simply met with "Why is it okay for YOU to complain about hellfires?" :downs:

Still, what possessed you to Rank 6 four separate Bruisers, and what even caused you to HAVE four separate bruisers :staredog:

EDIT: Also oh god why is my ping 160-180 instead of 40 today no wonder things feel slightly off. Worst time to try and learn Scout when my Flak is "missing" slow moving targets.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 21, 2014

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Centering the text makes it super obnoxious to read, just FYI. :(

Yeah, I fiddled with the formatting for a while, I think the length of it was messing it up. Had to center it all :11tea:

Section Z posted:

Still, what possessed you to Rank 6 four separate Bruisers, and what even caused you to HAVE four separate bruisers :staredog:

Well, I got one to level 25 (waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day) then bought my second, Abaddon, as an endurance test to level THE WORST MECH (at the time) to 25 with no items or internals. I finished, to great fanfare. I bought my third, got it to 20 or so, then stopped playing. Ascension came out, I got a free bruiser from being level 30. I also got one of EVERY OTHER MECH.

So I did it again. Leveled to worst mech to max :science:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 21, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I personally liked "Don't play bruiser. Here's a 2,000 word guide on how to play bruiser."

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I was thinking, shouldn't popping cloak break lock-on? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that it doesn't currently and it would give the Infiltrator/Predator more defined roles as Hellfire hunters(along with a Hellfire parry).

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

I was messing with it a bit over the weekend, and it's pretty fun. Like Lobster said it's a free (and level 6) unlock once you max out your Assault. If you are saving for any other mechs I'd go with those first though, the G2 is just for screwing around. It also makes a huge difference to have the air dodge and at least one burst-damage internal for when you need it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I didn't know the G2 was free. It says that you unlock the ability to buy it with HC once you max out a regular Assault, so i figured i'd still have to pay.

Guess i'll hope for another double EXP weekend soon then, because holy poo poo is it slow to get a mech to level 6 without any boosts.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Chard posted:

I was messing with it a bit over the weekend, and it's pretty fun. Like Lobster said it's a free (and level 6) unlock once you max out your Assault. If you are saving for any other mechs I'd go with those first though, the G2 is just for screwing around. It also makes a huge difference to have the air dodge and at least one burst-damage internal for when you need it.

Wait, G2 Assault is Free if you rank 6 Assault? I have Rank 6 Assault! I was holding off on trying it because I could have sworn it wasn't fre-

*Turns on Game* Welp. It would still cost me 12,816 HC, or 1,440 MC to get it according to the purchase screen. I don't particularly feel like "testing" if it would only cost me zero when I buy the thing, since I got weapon bills to pay on all the mechs I already own and want to keep trying.

Freak Futanari posted:

I didn't know the G2 was free. It says that you unlock the ability to buy it with HC once you max out a regular Assault, so i figured i'd still have to pay.

Guess i'll hope for another double EXP weekend soon then, because holy poo poo is it slow to get a mech to level 6 without any boosts.

Yeah my Recruit clocked in juuuust at 15 hours to hit rank 6, which is about how long it's taken me to rank 6 on Assault and Infiltrator with no boosts. For comparison, it took like, 9 hours to rank 5 it. That final rank is murder, especially with almost nothing to show for it on your mech itself.

Rank 5, last Elite part and last weapon unlock.
Rank 6, a Camo pattern you can't use on your Elite parts. And the fact all your Exp now goes into the global pool to pay cash to transfer if you feel like it.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sorry if that was bad info about the G2 being a free unlock, it's been some time since I did that myself. Other points about it being a "just funnin" mech still stand though. Definitely better to spend that HC on other weapons/internals/mechs first.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
By the way, is there somewhere i can see all the Elite mechs? Most of the ones i had unlocked so far looked like rear end, but then the Rocketeer got a really cool Elite skin, and now i'm wondering if there are any other ones that look good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I could have sworn it was a free unlock. Maybe I got it mixed up with old mech unlock system.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way, is there somewhere i can see all the Elite mechs? Most of the ones i had unlocked so far looked like rear end, but then the Rocketeer got a really cool Elite skin, and now i'm wondering if there are any other ones that look good.

I'll post the ones I have.

There doesn't seem to be a part difference between prosk and sentium, or even between rolls that the mech has.

E: oh, that effort gone to waste, the main site has them it seems. I'll just do what I did for those :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 21, 2014

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Why are there no lasers in this game? :mad: It's not like hitscan weapons aren't a thing, and there's the magical healing medic beam and glowing orbs, so why no cool :pcgaming:PEW PEW PEW:pcgaming: weaponry?

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Chard posted:

Why are there no lasers in this game? :mad: It's not like hitscan weapons aren't a thing, and there's the magical healing medic beam and glowing orbs, so why no cool :pcgaming:PEW PEW PEW:pcgaming: weaponry?

Khang Le, the creative director, absolutely hates them.

In other news: So! You have problems with the progression, or how cosmetic items work? Well, do I have news for you.

The official post here: (link) contains pictures of the new camos and cosmetic stuff. I'd put them all here, but there's too many and it's a hassle.

Zamboni Chaos posted:

Greetings pilots!

Soon we'll be releasing our April Update for HAWKEN. Aside from adding new camouflages, player emblems and cockpit customizations, we've also made significant economy adjustments. We increased the Meteor Credit cost for a few of our less expensive mechs while reducing the MC cost for all of our items. We adjusted the cost of all of our camouflages as well.

We also adjusted mech, weapon and ability balance in this patch. All changes will be discussed in their respective sections in the patch notes.

Below are the detailed patch notes for our April update. Enjoy!

Special Notices
  • Economy and Pilot/Mech Progression Changes
    • We made some significant changes in regards to the time spent leveling up your pilot. The total XP required to reach pilot level 30 has been cut in half. This change will cause many players to be granted pilot level 30 automatically, assuming they have met the new XP requirements.
    • Mech progression has also seen about an 8% XP reduction.
    • Price adjustments have been made to items, camos and certain mechs.

Features
  • Camouflages
    • All camouflages are now global. This means that if you purchase a camouflage, it will be unlocked for use on every mech you own. This also applies to camos you've already purchased.
    • Camouflages can now be applied to individual mech parts. This gives the player the ability to make each mech look interesting and unique.
    • The prices of all camos have been adjusted. Most camos have had their cost reduced, but a few have had a minor increase.
    • Developer's Note: We understand that these changes may not be ideal for certain players who have purchased the same camo on multiple mechs. Our intention is not to cheapen your purchase, but to enable our current customization options to be more flexible, fun and attractive to players. If you feel you have been negatively affected by this change, please reach out to ZamboniChaos via private message or email and we'll work with you to sort out your issue.
  • Weekly Mech Bundles
    • Bundles for each weekly test drive mech are now available. Like a mech that's on test drive? Now you can purchase it fully equipped with items, internals and the alternate primary weapon unlocked.

• Mech Bundles can be purchased two different ways:

• On the Main Menu, on the Market > Deals page
      • On the post-match results screen, under "Test Drive" mechs

• Co-Op Team Deathmatch

• Co-Op Team Deathmatch has been added as a new game mode. Team up with 5 other players and battle bots with difficulty that scales to your group’s fitness score. XP and HC earnings are slightly reduced.
    • Co-Op TDM is a great mode for practicing new mechs, refining your skills and partying up with your friends to just relax and have fun.
    • Currently supported maps for Co-Op TDM include:

• Wreckage
      • Facility
      • Bunker
      • Prosk

Mechs

Overall, Heavy Mechs are under performing. The ratios of speed and armor were not enough to overcome other disadvantages. In general, all Heavy mechs got a run speed increase and slight armor buff.
  • Brawler
    • Increased armor from 785 to 800
    • Increased run speed from 14.5 to 15 meters/sec
    • Increased MC price from 432 to 504
  • Reaper

• Berserker

• Decreased armor from 365 to 355
    • Developer's Note: The Berserker had a bit too much armor for a Light Mech. We wanted to reduce its ability to soak up damage since it already has high damage output.

• Predator

• Decreased boost speed from 32.24 to 30.8 meters/sec
    • Increased run speed from 18.5 to 19.5 meters/sec
    • Developer's Note: The Predator was slightly underpowered. We wanted to give him a bit more mobility while in Stalker Mode to allow him to find prey easier.
  • Assault
    • Decreased armor from 575 to 565
    • Developer's Note: We felt the Assault's armor was a little high, so we toned it down slightly
  • Incinerator
    • Increased armor from 735 to 750
    • Increased run speed from 16.75 to 17.25 meters/sec
  • Grenadier
    • Increased armor from 725 to 740
    • Increased run speed from 16.5 to 17 meters/sec
  • Rocketeer
    • Increased armor from 710 to 730
    • Increased run speed from 15.5 to 16 meters/sec
  • Vanguard
    • Increased armor from 670 to 685
    • Increased run speed from 17 to 17.5 meters/sec

Weapons
  • EOC Predator
    • Decreased amount of active mines available from 10 to 8
    • Increased mine damage from 50 to 60
    • Developer's Note: These adjustments allows the Predator to set up traps faster and gives a slight increase in damage output.
  • Sub Machine Cannon
    • Decreased damage from 12.45 to 12
    • Developer's Note: We reduced the damage of the SMC slightly in order to bring it more in line with other weapons.
  • Corsair-KLA
    • Decreased refire rate from 3.75 to 2.75
    • Decreased MIRV projectile damage from 21 to 18
    • Decreased KLA projectile damage from 132 to 125
    • Developer's Note: The damage output is still there, but this reduces the burst potential of the Raider in exchange for a faster refire rate.

Items

-* Insert massive amount of item price changes here *-

Abilities
  • Turret Mode (All)
    • You can now exit turret mode in the air. This should fix players getting stuck in turret mode in certain circumstances.
  • Mobile Turret(Vanguard)
    • Decreased extra damage received from behind from 50% to 20%
  • Fortified Turret (Brawler)
  • Targeting Turret (Rocketeer)
  • Artillery Turret (Grenadier)
    • Decreased extra damage received from behind from 30% to 20%
    • Developer's Note: Turret modes suffer a bit too much with the loss of mobility while in use. The increased damage from behind was also bit too excessive, but we also wanted to keep the element of strategy to flank and attack them from behind.
  • Stalker (Predator)
    • Increased run speed by 2 meters/sec when ability is active
    • Developer's Note: Added a slight run speed increase while Stalker is active to give the Predator more mobility while stalking his prey.

Game Modes

• Co-Op
    • Co-Op Bot Destruction matches will no longer affect a pilot's global statistics.

Customizations

• NEW Cockpit Decorations
    • Monkey Bobblehead
    • Skeleton Bobblehead
  • NEW Pilot Emblems
  • NEW Custom Reticles
    • Driver X
    • Dual Boxes
    • Added blank reticle options
  • NEW Camouflages
    • Fatigue-Desert
    • Fatigue-Jungle
    • GRPL-SWRL

General Improvements
  • Added in-game bonus XP notifications for kills and assists. This can be turned off in the options menu.
  • When firing your own trace weapons, the tracer FX will play instantly on clients instead of waiting to be triggered by server.
  • Server status ticker added to menus and login window.
  • Added match length to post-match statistics.
  • Added a numerical scale for weapon statistics to the weapon statistic display.
  • On the garage/cosmetic screens, healing drones and taunts can be viewed by pressing their respective hotkeys.

Bugs Fixed
  • We implemented a potential fix for players getting stuck in the hangar post-death. Please let us know if you still experience this issue
  • Players will no longer join a server as the 7th player on a team with everyone flagged as enemies
  • Dying with the Composite Armor internal and respawning with a different mech no longer applies Composite Armor’s bonus
  • Fixed a bug where the Charge Beacon consumable wouldn't activate after dying in the middle of reviving another player
  • During combat training in VR Training, the player will respawn on death instead of being locked in the staging garage
  • Improved spawn collision detection for Co-Op Bot Destruction bosses
  • Spamming the ESC key while loading the post-match carousel will no longer cause the post-match UI to disappear
  • Fixed a bug with MMR not changing properly if player joined game in progress
  • Fixed a mech selection failure with Test Drive mechs in Co-Op Bot Destruction
  • Fixed collision issues on a number of maps that were causing Heavy mechs to become stuck while in turret mode
  • On Origin, fixed a spot where the floor would pop in and out of view on Low settings
  • Fixed a spot on Last Eco where players could get out of the map
  • Fixed a small hole on Last Eco where projectiles could be shot through
  • Fixed spots on Origin, Uptown and Wreckage that were allowing players to get out of the maps
  • Holograms will no longer produce a broken mech part instead of a mech image
  • Siege music no longer overlaps end game music
  • When switching Light mech arms in the garage, parts will do a blue grid wipe like other mech parts
  • Fixed a bug where alt-tabbing on full screen resulted in frame rate drop
  • Fixed a bug where pilots still connecting to a server triggered team switching
  • Fixed a bug where talking players wouldn’t be kicked for idling
  • Matches will now start as intended if there are pilots still connecting
  • Fixed a mech launch failure that occurred in Offline Team Deathmatch
  • Offline Team Deathmatch no longer shows a 4th mech on the player team with broken parts
  • The Bruiser's special ability no longer causes armor regeneration when being shot by enemy AI
  • If several pilots connecting fail to join and their spots are cleared, auto balancer now becomes active immediately

Note, three of the emblems coming in this patch are already in the game, and in the emblem listing. They're just locked with no way to unlock them until the patch arrives.

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

All camouflages are now global. This means that if you purchase a camouflage, it will be unlocked for use on every mech you own. This also applies to camos you've already purchased.

The prices of all camos have been adjusted. Most camos have had their cost reduced, but a few have had a minor increase.

Bundles for each weekly test drive mech are now available. Like a mech that's on test drive? Now you can purchase it fully equipped with items, internals and the alternate primary weapon unlocked.

Overall, Heavy Mechs are under performing. [Heavy mech changes go here]

These are all definitely steps in the right direction. As much as I still am not really pleased with the grind I am glad the developers are working hard on keeping the game fun and mostly balanced in the meantime.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm certainly glad about the camo changes. Being locked to one mech didn't make me want to buy any more of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Global Camouflage means I guess I will finally be buying that Pixel Tan I've been eying. Unless, as one of the cheapest Camos I have exactly enough points leftover to buy, they increase it. Murphy's Law of microtransactions and all that :v: But why can't we paint our elite parts yet? :saddowns: I am assuming it is because outside of the Recruit, every single Elite Part is just a reskin so they are probably stored as camouflage files or something.

As for Berserker, having had a complete blast up to rank 5 in mine (And my first Quintuple Domination :psyduck: Thanks Air Compressor dodging behind walls at the last second!) I doubt a mere 10 HP loss is going to hider my enjoyment. Same for the Assault, which still leaves it with the most Hitpoints of any B class, outside the G2 (which is still 585?). See also, still gonna love my SMC just for it's range comfort zone.

Now, heavy mech wise it is the TURN speed that's been getting me killed (and sending my mouse hurtling off the mouse pad in pathetic attempts to aim at a dodging scout up close), not their Hitpoints or run speed. But I'm not going to say no to more go fast, Vanguard already feels too fat to me so I can only imagine my pain trying out Brawler or Grenadier. I am actually somewhat worried about the buff to turret mode surviability, because it seems the only players who spend a ton of time in turret mode are the ones who just hang back from the AA and never go on it themselves unless there is zero risk. Even if they are a Flak Brawler :downsgun:

Seriously, I'm getting into matches where the Sharpshooters and Reapers on either team spend way more time on the AA than the C classes do. Let's see... A Rocketeer, an Incinerator, and a Brawler. They are all hanging back from the AA on the ramp by spawn on Wreckage again, and screaming at their team's Infiltrators and Technicians to take the AA from all two of us standing on it behind the Silo. Welp! Thanks for the easy win guys-oh gently caress now they are on my team next match :suicide:

• Locked thread