Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I played what seemed like a significant chunk of this game coop with some friends years ago (we fought over who got to play the dog a lot), and always wondered how the rest of the story went. Now I'll finally know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

Butt-rock has its place but I'm pretty sure its place is not "get mobbed by civilians and tripped by a dog".
Almost any situation can be improved with butt rock.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was going to make an FF6 joke before watching the video, but of course you guys were on that in seconds.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't see what people are complaining about, everyone but Karol already knew so it seems obvious the player is assumed to have figured it out too.

I also liked that they got pardoned immediately. It's nice to see nepotism actually work in the PCs' favor for once. In almost any other JRPG you would have been thrown in prison for another escape sequence. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mulderman posted:

The moment Yuri hit on a pretty lady in both senses of the word, was the moment he turned into my favorite J-RPG protagonist. Not that he had a lot of competition mind you. But he's just such a great character. The fact that the rest of the cast is pretty generic only helps it. Yuri is always there to point their crap out. It's refreshing.
You haven't seen anything yet. I've only seen some of the middle sections of this game (around where the LP is now) but of what I can remember my favorite Yuri moment is coming up fairly soon.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 21, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yep, this is the greatest Yuri moment I was talking about a couple updates before. Everyone I was playing with loved it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This is the first set of names I don't recognize.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh, I knew they sounded familiar.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Is it kinda sad I couldn't get the names this time around until the very end of the video?
I got it immediately but only because "Minmay" is so distinctive.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Natz's parents gave him that name to toughen him up. It worked.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Holy poo poo this game just keeps going. I played through part of it at friend's place a few years ago and thought we'd made significant progress (we started after Rita joins and got through Judith joining) but that was like 10% of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forgive the game everything for letting you pick Repede as party spokesdog.

But then I didn't play the waiter minigame.

• Locked thread