Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Kuvo posted:

Minifoo suggests blastia and aer.

Those are some good suggestions. Looking forward to the hours of entertainment. Also woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Adus posted:

Also I really like this game and for some reason punished myself by getting all the achievements.

I remember that half of the games achievements are tied to the easy-to-figure-out secret conditions you have to perform in each boss battle which I'm sure Kuvo will figure out. They are worth 115 achievement points after all.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Vicas posted:

Aha, I can post. Yeah, this game is actually pretty good (even if my hour count is still way too high even for that)

I'll be steering kuvo in the general direction of sidequests but I haven't really decided what I'm gonna make completely sure he does.

Except Fell Arms :unsmigghh:

There's stuff like the dark-enforcer where you learn some artes and get a nice and edgy costume at the end of it in exchange for sleeping an extra time at the inns you visit and then there's stuff like the zodiac brionac spear quest where we don't even know if Kuvo is even going to use that character/care enough about getting a good weapon and ability.

As a fellow "I don't really want to tell you how many hours I've spent with this game because it's kinda fun" I trust in your judgement.
I do hope Kuvo loves warehouses and block puzzles

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Singh Long posted:

Aside from a lame reward and achievement, there's no point in doing all of them.

But that's like saying True Knight's not Yuri's best costume :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

AzureRequiem posted:

Oh right, you just have to load a completed save file. My mistake, so maybe we'll get lucky and see it after all!

Wouldn't count on it since it requires you to finish the game and then enjoy a really boring dungeon mechanic.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Captain Leblanc your voice is toooo louuuuuud.

WhiffleballDude posted:

I'm pretty sure the actor changes halfway through the game as well.
Liuetenant Leblanc Dojima of the Zaphias PD must have been sick that recording day since the character does magically change voice actor for a part of the game.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 9, 2013

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

RareAcumen posted:

Doesn't Vesperia also have a journal thing in it like Symphonia did? I could've sworn it did which was great for when you leave the game alone for a while and then come back with no idea what to do.

It does. I'm pretty sure that's the journal the wonder reporter gave Yuri in the first episode.

El Belmondo posted:

Slide whistle, laughtrack, fade to black
Only lacking a cane pulling her offskit.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Geop posted:

"NOPE."

It's honestly more of a newgame+ thing. Having all the extra health, armor, artes and the likes helps a lot.

Anyway here's the best picture I could find of the actual ingame costume if you really want to see what it looks like.

http://imgur.com/IGKucYG

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Derpes posted:

I've had no problems whatsoever playing this game on Semi-Auto, even on the harder difficulties. Not sure why you people hate it so much, if you are getting hit too often you just have to backstep/guard/freerun more.

I also usually play on semi-auto so I don't have to put too much effort into making sure my attacks will reach the enemy.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I was hoping you would mention Karol having a Max Keeble cut.

Of course it's exclusive to the ps3 version.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Would the real Lloyd Irving please stand up.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Brunom1 posted:

Also, Repede really DID start smoking at an early age:
It's a hard dog life.

Kuvo should definitely try and make sure to buy new weapons whenever they appear since weapons and sub-weapons are your only source for abilities.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

LeafyOrb posted:

... I may have bought this game for myself this weekend.

Welcome to the group of people that somehow ended up buying a Tales game thanks to Kuvo/T40's bumbling through one. There should also be a starter pack with some free gels and I do recommend grabbing backstep if the pack is free. It's pretty useful, especially for melee characters.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Talk about cliffhanger ending.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

cofaigh posted:

Finally caught up with all the videos, great stuff, can't wait for more.

Also, couldn't help myself.

I was wondering where you were. Expecting great things from you as usual when fanart is involved.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
If Minifoo ever tires of playing Doug he can always pick up Rita for some ridiculous over limit screen clearing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The only thing better than a normal Zubat is a Zubat with a white beard

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Sgt Thud posted:

I'm inclined to believe that the apparent lack of skill at the game is born more form disinterest or not liking the genre than anything. If Kuvo can beat Dark Souls, he can beat this, but if he's not really trying to learn the system/get upgrades and stuff, then I can see how things would go poorly.

You haven't seen disinterest until you've seen Kuvo have a go at fusing persona's

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm playing along on my own time and ended up getting ahead but I think you might have the materials to make the party leader switching item now. Not the one for battles though, the one for changing who you're running around as in towns and the world map.

They also missed out on getting some rad cosmetic items for a while.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

RareAcumen posted:

How? :confused: You can just make them whenever you go to a shop so it's not like there's any cut-off for getting stuff.

Hence the "for a while" You need to kill squids for some of the items and as far as I can remember they appear at the beach near Aspie-o.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
In today's Terca Lumireis deadliest warrior's we'll find out what's deadlier. The Hunting Blades Nan and her halfmoon hoola hoop blade or a Zande warrior and his kpinga bonerang.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That wasn't a weedle. It was a tympole :colbert:

Zubat appeared ~8 episodes ago so Kuvo just doesn't care anymore. :v:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I completely forgot that consumables only stack up to 15 until you buy the "stack to 99" option for ng+ :psyduck:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I should probably feel pretty bad that I want to find out more about those ligers.

Edit: Also Fonmaster Flex

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 1, 2013

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

jawbroken posted:

Any idea why there's no 720p encode of this video?

Most likely caused by fonons interfering with the recording equipment.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
That blastia core really tied the Lower Quarter together. :human being:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Requesting Minifoo to steal some limit bars next session if only to show Kuvo how Rita solves the eternal dilemma of incantations and cast time for sorcerers. :suspense:
Also if you feel like doing decent damage with Rita without spending much TP, just cast fireball about 3500 times.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Derpes posted:

But what about Yuri's eye-candy? :v: (also her Into the Sky outfit is so much better)

That aside, Judith is a pretty great character. While she can't become literally invincible like Estelle, she's pretty much untouchable if played well. Definitely one of the most fun characters to play as in the entire Tales series.

She's pretty fun to play indeed. But she's definitely not the easiest one to do well with and especially not without her later abilities.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I wonder which game has the most spooked out spooked animation. DE:Human Revolution or Vesperia. Both qualify in the highly comedic category.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Brunom1 posted:

Judith's "visor" is more of an eyepatch, really - probably a translation hiccup, I think.

Also, Kuvo, you got a new glove for Yuri after getting Barbos' secret mission (I'd also suggest you equip Yuri's new sword because Combo Plus takes FOREVER to be learned, so you might as well start now).

Finally, the PS3 version lets everyone but Repede equip those swanky hats - Rita is (as usual) the odd one, though, in which her White Hat turns red when equipped.

Persona 4 Golden really is the ps3 version of Vesperia except it wasn't made barely a year later and it was actually localized. Bamco I tell you. :jerkbag:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

WhiffleballDude posted:

I think we're supposed to imagine all those bandits and Blood Alliance members the party defeated were merely beaten into submission/unconsciousness and not actually killed, but these games are never very clear on that.

They were probably sent to the shadow realm :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Sydin posted:

Honestly the best bit is that Estelle's AI is so bad that Karol and Raven are way better healers. :v: Any time I start to get low on HP Karol will break from combat and Nice Aid Smash me more or less immediately, while Estelle is busy casting Photon for the 100th time.

Atleast she doesn't unequip first aid then spend a session wondering why she can't cast it. :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'm sad it took me 8 minutes into the video and 'Oberstein' until the dots connected.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Derpes posted:

To be fair, Judith doesn't have a lot of artes that chain together well at this point and Repede is just a bit meh to play as. Maybe try getting into the other characters once they get some more skills, double jumping, air dashing and extended aerial combos help out a lot when playing Judith for example. Raven would probably fit Mini better than Rita considering how much he's missing fireballs. Use his archery artes for quicker enemies and his magical artes for the slower ones (with some healing on the side).

Basically this, Judith doesn't go balls to the walls crazy until she unlocks her later abilities that lets her throw out AIR COMBO's out of the rear end.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Brunom1 posted:

By the by, if I remember correctly, you skipped a step in that "Judith's spear" sidequest which was to check that room with the weapons Ghasfarost AGAIN (which connects to Rita's Blastia names and Judith's terrorism sidequests).

How the hell you're supposed to know this without a guide? No idea but if you don't do it before it gets locked out, you lose out on the sole reward of this game-long sidequest (even if you only miss one scene, you're screwed).

Fun, fun!

I'm certain you do that pretty late in the game.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
He can still complete the whole quest besides the last step which is actually getting the spear :ssh:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Talking about high-fives. This is one high-five you can't forget. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsTc6CX7fU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Lance Streetman posted:

"quirky" cutscene tunes.

Vesperia's quirky tune/Rita's theme always reminds me of the Desian base theme from Symphonia even though they aren't that similar at all.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I guess I just couldn't comprehend how bizarre this sidequest is when I played through the game. I was more annoyed by the fact that the rival always managed to piss in some weird spot that didn't glow red on the dog map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Reaching Nordapoluca so quickly is almost the opposite of trying to find the Toise valley mine.

• Locked thread