Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Oh man, I am so bummed that the remake of a movie that spawned a toy line and an cartoon for kids is going to be rated PG13. That's totally out of line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

Again, I'd like to reccomend the director's previous works - Trope de Elite 2 is really underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwTiu3typeY

In other news they genderbent the partner Lewis and apparently kill them in the opening scenes, which is a real loving bummer.

Check IMDB - Lewis is the black guy partner.

Omar from the Wire is playing Lewis, so that's pretty interesting to me.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why is like 1/3rd of his skull ghost white while the rest is super tan :stonk:

But yeah, when the lead actor of the original who has his hands on all facets of the film industry has seen the remake and doesn't think it has anywhere near the emotional impact of the original, well then it probably doesn't and that doesn't make me very hopeful.

But he hasn't seen the remake. He's guessing. Maybe he's right, but he's not saying "I saw Robocop 2014 and it sucks!"

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Didn't he say something like "I saw it 3 weeks ago"? Maybe I misheard him.

He was referring to the original.

When that festival was happening they were still in the middle of shooting the new one.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

eyeslikethunder posted:

I really wish hollywood stop destroying my favourite movies with these remakes.

You will be delighted to know that they decided, just for Robocop, not to burn all the copies of the original, so you can still enjoy it! I hear they'll be doing it for remakes from now on. drat good of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Aww, look, they are getting along.

• Locked thread