Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Haha, wow. I suppose in a game where the entire point is sidequests, near about, you might as well have one path that's pure sidequest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Glazius posted:

Haha, wow. I suppose in a game where the entire point is sidequests, near about, you might as well have one path that's pure sidequest.

Except they have two, because isn't that what Blue's quest is?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

KataraniSword posted:

Except they have two, because isn't that what Blue's quest is?

You could really make an argument that half of them are. Emelia and T260's quests are both sort of "at your pace" about how much time you spend sidequesting and doing story stuff, but there's a set progression of the plot instead of just "Here's Point A and Point Z, now find your way there on your own."

Blue's is mostly magic-oriented sidequesting, Lute's is entirely sidequesting, and there's still one and a half quests to go after this that are basically just about wandering around and doing loving whatever until the game decides you've done what you need to for progress to kick in.

For those curious about the half a quest part, I'm talking mainly about that middle part of Asellus' quest where you just wander around free till a boss fight decides to show up. The rest of her story has real progression, otherwise.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back! Today we're going to continue going through the Arcane quest in pretty much reverse order as well as getting a bitching new weapon.

Of course the first step is traveling over to Wakatu to do that miserable mini game.

God I hope this doesn't take too long. Last time it took like 20 minutes.

Here we go....

And astoundingly I get it on the third try without getting into any battles! I don't think this quest has ever gone this well for me.

Anyway, now we head back over to Yorkland to read some awkward text.

We pick up Thunder, but he doesn't say anything interesting.

We also stop by Lute's house, but it won't let us go inside.

Next we go by the breweries to start the Grail card quest. Now unlike Blue who was the least fun drunk on earth, Lute has unique dialog for this section and it's pretty amusing.

It certainly looks like he has his priorities in order.

I wonder how many times the local alcoholics pulled this poo poo on the employees to try and get free drinks. "Those darn swamp monsters just keep getting me before I can make it to the shrine."

By the last stop Lute has completely given up on even attempting to be polite.

The trip through the swamp is uneventful. The enemies are still fairly weak so even our inebriated team can take them pretty well.

After getting the card, I decided to do a bit of grinding to make up for having such an easy time with the Saber card. Here Fuse is sparking Shadow Counter. Let's see how everyone did at the end of the grinding session, shall we?

Awesome.

Solid.

Great.

Exceptional!

Dammit Lute.

While we're trying to make Lute less worthless, we stop over in Kyo to pick up mind magic. Maybe the third time is the charm for Lute to final get the gift for it.

Stellar job there Lute, you weren't even fighting the Lich this time.

Finally we head to Shrike where Lute stops by the bookstore for some light reading.

With that out of the way we hea over to Sei's Tomb.

Now we've been to Sei's Tomb before in other scenarios. It's one of the best early game places because the Dead Knights are manageable enough for an early team while also having a high enough rating to give good spark opportunities.

Sei's treasures are pretty good too. You have to get them in a specific order though. To find this one, just try and head up and right whenever you get the chance.

Heading back to the main connecting room, some trap door spots will start to glow once you have the magatama. We want to step on the dark space in this screenshot.

Doing so will drop you on a ledge with the Murakumo after beating up two dead knights.

Once you pick up the Murakumo you head back to the main room. There was a trap door by the skeleton to the upper right but now it's been disabled so we can get the last item.

Once you have all three items head back to the entrance and these pillars will start to glow. If you examine them you'll place one of the three treasures on them. Unfortunately they're gone for good after this.

Once we place them, a door to the final room opens up.

This doesn't seem suspicious at all.

Uh oh.

So now we're in a fight against King Sei and 4 dead knights with buffed HP. There are two ways to do this battle. We will be taking the safer approach.

Also at the start of the fight all of the dead knights will get free hits on your main character. Lute survives them all...

But then King Sei obliterates him with his special Kusanagi sword attack.

Depending on how you handle this fight, the toughest part will be at the beginning or at the end. You definitely want to take out some of the Dead Knights. They block Sei from close range physicals and are all too willing to combo your characters. Sei decides to open the battle with an interesting skill that buffs every one's attack. Even the guys on our side of the field.

You'll definitely want to use unblockable attacks if you have them. Sei has a shield and the dead knights love to deflect your attacks.

So I mentioned that there are two ways to handle this fight, one is to take out all of the dead knights except for one, this will limit the damage you take but will probably take a little longer. If you do that Sei will mostly stick to relatively nonthreatening attacks like the HP Drain attack seen above.

Once you take them down he should go down fairly quickly. The other method is to bust out your strongest hit all attacks to try and blitz the fight. This can be dangerous because if you kill all the dead knights, Sei will instead use an attack called Minion Strike every turn that will deal about 200-300 damage to everyone.

A third strategy that I really should have done was just to have Captain Hamilton snipe at him with Cross Shots. I misstimed the screenshot, but one hit from that did 3906 damage and can hit him while the other dead knights are still alive. 2-3 of those would have taken him out providing he doesn't block them.

After the fight you can choose to have Sei join you or give you his Kusanagi sword. Sei is a monster and thus is quite generic and bad so the choice is obvious.

66 attack power is very nice, but the Kusanagi has a special property that can make it difficult to use. Instead of a basic attack, the Kusanagi has a special single target attack that deals a little more damage and has a 3WP cost. This can be circumvented by using a skill like Doubleslash that is free with weapon mastery, but it's less than ideal because it can make learning certain techniques more difficult.

Still let's give it to Lute to see if he can make something of himself with it. Anyway, that's it for today, next time we'll finish up the Arcane quest as well as gain the last member of our team for Lute's quest.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I like giving the Kusanagi to T260 or EngineerCar to give them a solid single target attack while my main sword user uses that other special sword that is super rad and cool. Also goddammit Lute, why can't you ever be cool. :(

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sei suffers in the endgame compared to high level humans and some of the rarer monsters you can get, but for the beginning and middle, his starting form is absolutely brutal. He has a hit-all attack that's really good at dealing with trash mob parties, works well as a reserve party member especially in some of the high fighting situations in G's endgame where you can constantly be running on fumes, and is naturally sturdy enough. I'm sure there are ways to customize him in the high level forms with his innate abilities retained, but goddamn I can't decide if it's hard or just spergy.

And the Kusanagi is REALLY drat good for Mecs. HP+250, Str+25, Qui+25 is nothing to scoff at. I can only imagine how brutal Omega form would have been with it.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The problem with Sei is that by the time you can beat him, you probably already have something to outclass him. Minion Strike is nice, but I would still consider this team an early midgame team and Rouge already has Vermillion Sand for all the random encounter blasting I need (granted I did get pretty lucky to get Vermillion Sand this early.)

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man
This has been a great and very informative LP so far and I am really enjoying it.

I actually dusted off my copy of SaGa Frontier to start playing again and ran through Asellus' story in the past day or two. One interesting thing I noticed was that despite having put about 11 hours into the quest (several of which were afk time when I forgot to turn it off) and having all of my characters with ~600 HP, 100 WP/JP I was still fighting pretty easy enemies. I think the most difficult monster that spawned even in the increase battle rank areas was a Thundragon but most enemies were still things like Manticores, Unicorns, and IronHoppers. Of course if I fought in the swamp in Yorkland I would fight the squid guys but I thought it was a bit strange to otherwise be fighting weaker monsters. My memory might be off since I haven't played in years though. I'm also wondering if playing it on PS3 could have affected anything since I've only ever played it on PSX before this and it is emulated.

I know you've touched on battle rank and things like the enemy sprite before battle affecting combat but are you planning on going over how battle rank works in more detail in your gameplay updates?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dude789 posted:

The problem with Sei is that by the time you can beat him, you probably already have something to outclass him. Minion Strike is nice, but I would still consider this team an early midgame team and Rouge already has Vermillion Sand for all the random encounter blasting I need (granted I did get pretty lucky to get Vermillion Sand this early.)

There's exactly one point where it's worthwhile to get Sei and you'll know exactly when it is when you're there, basically. If you gave up the Murokumo and Magatama and...whatever the shield was called :downs:, you're basically doing it for boss fight sparks and the Kusanagi.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
If you're fighting Unicorns, you're probably around battle rank 7 or so out of 9 which isn't too unreasonable for 600 HP if you're smart about how you grind. Sometimes weaker enemies like IronHoppers just get spawned in with some of their higher rank counterparts. There really isn't too much depth past what you mentioned with regards to encounter rate. It goes up as you fight more battles and some areas like the swamp have modifiers to increase it. I'm not sure how many fights it takes to increase to a new rank. Generally if you do most of your grinding in the +2 areas you're going to find enemies in the normal zones pretty easy because the game will have raised your stats based on the +2 area monsters.

Although one thing I did learn about recently is that zones don't have negative modifiers, rather some zones have caps that limit how high the rank can get in that area.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does Lute also have a terrible chance at learning techs?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Glazius posted:

Does Lute also have a terrible chance at learning techs?

About average really. Maybe a bit above.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Stroth posted:

About average really. Maybe a bit above.

The problem is his average spills over into stuff like lightbulb dodges and things that are easy to learn anyway like Gun Techs.

e: On a related note, teach 5 humans Bound Shot at Bio Lab, buy some Lethal Guns and Power Cures, and run straight to the last boss. There's your fool-proof Lute's scenario strategy guide.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 4, 2014

menieres_4_life
Oct 27, 2007

You don't need equilibrioception to balance the books - in space!
I guess I am the only person that loved using Lute. Dude sparked techs like crazy, I always had him in almost all of my groups, completely unaware of how mediocre he was. Haha...oh, 19 year olds.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Eh, mediocre or not, the game's not hard enough that you can't get by just using who you think is cool. I always used mystics without knowing anything about their stats.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I never cared for Lute since I didn't like his sprite or the fact he had no actual bard-powers.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Black August posted:

I never cared for Lute since I didn't like his sprite or the fact he had no actual bard-powers.

It actually would have been cool if he could use stuff like Da-Dum and War Song (BattleSong? The thing that Sei does) and stuff through an accessory unique to him or something. Bam, something useful.

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 4, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Pork Soda posted:

This has been a great and very informative LP so far and I am really enjoying it.

I actually dusted off my copy of SaGa Frontier to start playing again and ran through Asellus' story in the past day or two. One interesting thing I noticed was that despite having put about 11 hours into the quest (several of which were afk time when I forgot to turn it off) and having all of my characters with ~600 HP, 100 WP/JP I was still fighting pretty easy enemies. I think the most difficult monster that spawned even in the increase battle rank areas was a Thundragon but most enemies were still things like Manticores, Unicorns, and IronHoppers. Of course if I fought in the swamp in Yorkland I would fight the squid guys but I thought it was a bit strange to otherwise be fighting weaker monsters. My memory might be off since I haven't played in years though. I'm also wondering if playing it on PS3 could have affected anything since I've only ever played it on PSX before this and it is emulated.

I know you've touched on battle rank and things like the enemy sprite before battle affecting combat but are you planning on going over how battle rank works in more detail in your gameplay updates?

I played a lot of games using the MGS4 PS3's PS1 emulation (back before the poor thing gave up the ghost), and the only problems I ever had were related to graphics. Nothing too major, and definitely infrequent, but in some titles, it seemed like the emulator had trouble with overlays. The weirdest thing that I saw (other than the usual hiccups and such) was that during an entire playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII, it absolutely refused to tell me where I was at any given point via the little info box on the menu screen. It was blank from start to finish. Everything else was fine--it just wouldn't display the text that would normally say "Garden - East Gate" or whatever.

Also, I'm very jealous that yours still runs. I miss my (effectively) infinite memory cards :(

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back! Today we're going to finish up another sidequest that we haven't seen before so let's get right to it.

Of course before we can start that sidequest we have to finish up the arcane quest.

So we pick up Emelia as well as the gold card.

And with the card we also get the arcane gift for everyone.

While we've already seen what you have to do to acquire Space Magic, we haven't seen the sidequest to get Time magic. We're going to fix that now.
(Ask about time magic)
:nyd:What could be more powerful than being able to control time? I don't know if this magic really exists in our universe. Even I haven't seen it. Among the mystics, there is a rumor that in all the regions, there is only one who can use this magic. His name is Time Lord. No one knows his true identity.

So Rei gives us some basic information about Time magic, but still doesn't give us a lead on where to find it. Perhaps the Ring Lord will be able to tell us a little more about it?

Mosperiburg

Growing up I wasn't really a fan of Mosperiburg because the music was so intimidating. The game definitely wants to create the feeling that the Ring Lord is someone to be feared.

I have to admit his palace is pretty neat.

And his throne is pretty intimidating as well.

:agesilaus:There is a rumor of a mystic who uses Time Magic. He is still trying to perfect his magic. He cannot be a powerful mystic. Well, it's best to see it with your own eyes.

It's kind of funny that the game tries to paint Ring Lord in such a scary light. Essence says that he's really pretty chill and helpful and is more bored with everything.

But here we are in Time Lord's realm. Right now nothing is moving. All of the enemies are frozen and there's no background music or anything.

That being said it still looks really cool.

In one of the later rooms we find this broken hourglass. Once we examine it, we've done all we need to do and we can head back to Virgil.

:agesilaus:Pour Time Sand over it and it will restart itself. Gozarus in Facinaturu can make a sand tool for that. Do you want to go to Facinaturu.

So now we get to visit Facinaturu. We'll be seeing a lot more of it when we start Asellus's quest.

The whole area has a very strong flowers theme. It makes it more of the more visually striking places in the game.

:frogout:Once you get it, there are no returns. Are you sure you want to do this?
As Gozarus mentions, each transaction you make here will reduce your main characters maximum lifepoints by the listed amount permanently. Buying too many things can really cripple your main character. Fortunately one of Lute's biggest advantages is his high LP count.

We buy everything except the Asura which we'll show off later. Most of it isn't great. The Shade robe would be awesome as a shirt because it has great defenses compared to other shirts and allows the user to use a fairly strong healing move for free, but as armor, it's defenses are too low. The Tao-Tieh Pattern has good defenses for an accessory and also blocks stun, but I'll have to look and see if it has any other effects because if not, that is terrible. Anyway, now that we've got what we came for, we want to head to the bar to leave where we'll meet a pilot who's just hanging around.

:bahgawd:Great news! If you want I can get you out of this region. (Ask him for help!!) There's a hidden exit in the cave in the house below.

The slime will open a secret path for us and we have to go through a short dungeon to make our way out.

The paths are kind of tight, but you can still dodge most of the enemies by luring them out.

And eventually we find the pilot who flies us out of Facinaturu using his unique ship model.

Finally we head back to Mosperiburg for the last time and get warped to Time Lord's realm again.

We pour the Time Sand back into the clock and now everything starts working again. Unfortunately all of the enemies start moving as well.

Melody of Time

Now that this drawbridge is working, we can also get into the Time Lord's room.

Fortunately, since we don't want to kill him and take his gift, Time Lord won't fight us. He will give us the option to either have him join with his complete list of Time magic spells or sell us the lower level spells.

:morning:Why did you turn my clock on? (To get your help)

We give him some better equipment and here I also realized that I lucked out and got a TwiggyRod from fighting the DeadKnights. It's a strong sword that can use Final Strike for big damage at the cost of losing the sword permanently.

The enemies in TimeLord's realm are all fixed encounters because they wanted to give the enemies here a signs of the zodiac theme. Lots of enemies like this goat demon are very difficult to find anywhere else.

Lute actually learned quite a few abilities in this dungeon. The GaleSlash abilities were very popular here as Fuse also picked up GaleSlash and Lute even learned 2GaleSlash. This also puts Lute in the interesting position where a multi target move is his most damaging attack.

I was actually in for a bit of a scare here with Lute's LP. Because I bought a bunch of stuff at Gozarus's shop it's quite a bit lower and enemies just kepth targeting him here.

Here you can see Scorpions representing Scorpios. There were also some gunfish for Pisces and CancerMech for Cancer.

Also now that we've turned on Timelord's clock, the cuckoo clock is also on and activates once we pass by.

While they used the Twins sprite, the enemy is actually this lone PrimaBronza. While a unique enemy, it's also fairly weak and goes down in like three attacks.

These Rockababoons are actually a little different from normal. When you lower their hp enough they do this.

They fuse into this Yeti...which we immediately kill in one attack.

Finally we have this bull demon and a wonderdog along with some sheep. Lute gets dropped down to 1 LP in the last fight, but we blow past them with some Vermillion Sand and make it to out to rest at the inn.

Anyway, I have one more sidequest to show off with Lute so next time we're going to do that and get prepped for the endgame. See you then!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well hey! Lute's finally sparking some stuff! Good for him.

So who are your party mages? Timelord's probably going to be one...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

You know, thinking about it, I have to wonder if the "Twiggy Rod" is some sort of mistranslated reference to either the Seven-Branch Sword or the Laevateinn. Either one would make sense in-game as a fairly powerful sword with a kamikaze attack.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
You didn't actually fight Time Lord yet did you? It's the only big fight I can think of where Psychic Prison has any good use.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Glazius posted:

Well hey! Lute's finally sparking some stuff! Good for him.

So who are your party mages? Timelord's probably going to be one...

Time Lord is probably going to play more of a support role. I'm going to keep his Time magic and give him a bit more of a physical loadout. Rouge is going to be our main magician for this run.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

You know, thinking about it, I have to wonder if the "Twiggy Rod" is some sort of mistranslated reference to either the Seven-Branch Sword or the Laevateinn. Either one would make sense in-game as a fairly powerful sword with a kamikaze attack.

Like a lot of surprising things in SaGa, this one legitimately appears to be intended to be called Twiggy Rod even in Japanese (トゥイギーロッド, touigiiroddo more or less). SaGa 2 at least does have the seven-branched sword, under the English name of just Seven Sword.

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 11, 2014

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Hell's Lord also appeared to wield the seven branched sword in his humanoid form! :eng101:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back! Today we're going to cover the last sidequest we'll be doing for Lute's scenario. So let's get started shall we?

We've been to the sunken ship ruins in Shingrow in multiple quests, but so far we haven't really explored the other ruins. We're going to rectify that now.

Visually, the eastern Shingrow ruins are quite different from the abandoned ship. They're more of a relic of the ancient Shingrow civilization rather than some lost piece of technology.

These ruins have two main gimmicks. The first one is minibosses. Throughout the ruins you'll run into a couple bosses who'll attempt to impeed your progress like this Gaeatoad.

He has more health than a normal Gaeatoad, but he still goes down pretty fast.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of these ruins. There's lots of narrow platforms full of enemies, and the enemies are usually pretty weak.

See what I mean, Mystic Dogs are a rank one enemy. They aren't going to threaten us or make us that much stronger. They're just wasting our time.

For the most part, the treasure is bellow average too.

The other gimmick in the ruins is trapped doors. Some of the doors will release a puff of smoke and then drop an enemy on you.

And then you'll end up in a fight where all your party members are inflicted with some status. These guys manage to take out Lute with their combo, but once we get the chance to act we destroy them in about a turn.

It can be a little hard to see, but there are some areas where you can walk off the stone paths and wander around on the dirt floor. This typicaly leads to some treasure.

In particular the game likes to hide it just off screen of the main path or behind a pillar.

Ugh the furries are multiplying.

This room has the second miniboss of the ruins. Before you can grab the treasure you have to fight them.

The fight ends up being against a Sword and Spear Valkyrie with boosted health.

The Spear Valkyrie can be found in random fights, but the Sword Valkyrie is quite a bite rarer. She's also not bad for sparking techs like Lute does here with Cross Slash.

And then Fuse one ups him and sparks an end game quality Sword skill. The most irritating thing about this fight is that both enemies have a really high chance to block physical attacks. Aside from that they only do damage in the double digits.

With them gone we can pick up the Harmonium Earring. Like the armor, the Harmonium Earring blocks sonic attacks.

Here's another treasure that the game tries to hide behind the scenery.

Continuing on we find the most dangerous of the trapped doors.

The enemies aren't too dangerous, but this door inflicts everyone in the party with Red Mess. Red mess makes your characters act completely at random. They can attack either ally or enemy with any attack they have available.

Fortunately Rouge breaks out after the first turn so we have him blast the enemies before Lute or Fuse can wipe the party with something like Gale Slash.

You really have to pay attention so you don't miss treasure like this money bag hidden behind the rubble.

Come on game. Fuse just sparked a top tier sword skill and you're still giving us this in random encounters?

The final miniboss is in this room. Ignore the door to the right, it's another trapped door.

This fight is essentially a copy of the fight in Tanzer for the Vitality rune. The only difference is that there's one more Slime and a Huge slime in the back.

That being said we beat them in two actions. Captain Hamilton one shots all the smaller slimes with Total Shot and then Time Lord absorbs the big guy. Also notice Lute's swords. The Kusanagi has this cool blue coloring to it that the game copies to both swords when you're using a two sword skill.

If you examine the wheel looking thing behind the slimes you can find a secret passage.

There really isn't too much here right now, but we'll be coming back here in another quest.

Now all that's left is to take the long, weak enemy filled path back to the entrance.

Until this happens. This might not look like anything in screenshots but the game actually froze here. I have a good idea what could have caused it. I got in a fight at literally the last possible second in the previous room, so much so that the door openened without me having to do anything once the fight was over. I don't think the game liked that very much and it ended up freezing. Fortunately I didn't loose to much progress since I had saved at the top of the ruins after the battle with the slimes, but it's just the perfect cap to this terrible dungeon.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Also, since we are nearing the end of Lute's scenario it is time for our second thread vote! For the next scenario we have two choices, Asellus and Riki. Here are the advantages of each

Asellus
-Best quest in the game for mystics.
-We get the chance to get some really bad rear end swords.
-Lots of bosses
-In my opinion, the best songs in the game are in Asellus's quest.

Riki
-We get it out of the way
-You get to see me suffer
-Ugh.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hrm, on one hand getting Riki out of the way means that we get two good quests in a row. However, doing Riki right after Lute might be too much suck in a short period of time for Dude to handle.

Eh, gently caress it, Riki.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I say go Riki next. Get it done and over with, then have two of the better scenarios to finish things out.

Also, maybe Riki won't seem so bad right after Lute's scenario?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Meinberg posted:

I say go Riki next. Get it done and over with, then have two of the better scenarios to finish things out.

Also, maybe Riki won't seem so bad right after Lute's scenario?

To expand a little bit. Riki's quest does suck, but it's a different type of sucking than Lute's scenario. Lute's scenario sucks because there's nothing to do. Riki's scenario has plenty of things to do, but it also is easily the hardest quest in the game. Lute's scenario is the game not caring, Riki's scenario is the game actively hating you.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Riki

Might as well end the game on upswing quests, so get these two low-point ones out of the way.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Riki is always bad, even if he's following Lute. Always.

That said, let's get Riki out of the way so we don't ever have to worry about him again.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Riki

Hate Hate Hate.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Gonna have to say Riki. I'd rather you get a break and get to do Asellus first, but the sooner it's done the sooner we can get to the good poo poo.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Riki. Let's end the game on consecutive positive notes, since the other two are probably the best scenarios (though T260G is up there too).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha Riki. :unsmigghh:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Let's do some Asellus

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
We should do Riki. We should save something good for last, not the absolute worst. Asellus will be a high point after the double shot of Lute and Riki.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Voting Riki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Lets go ahead and finish strong. Riki

• Locked thread