Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

If you didn't have anything absorbed in your MysticSword when you talked to Rastaban, do you have anything absorbed in it now? If so, you get the Full Mystic ending, no questions asked.

So if you felt like it, you could fill your Boots, rescue Gina, Kill Rastaban...

Then absorb something into your sword, tipping Asellus off the deep end so that she resurrects Rastaban offscreen on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I like the half-mystic ending, even if it's a bit saccharine. It's a nice balance. The full Mystic is so hilariously campy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Red's scenario plays out--he's another one that I never bothered with too much.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I love Asellus' full mystic supercamp ending, it was just such a refreshing change of pace having your main character go mad with power.

Red will always have a special place in my heart, as he was the first scenario I actually beat, since I got stuck on Riki's MagmaSlimes. And his gimmick is actually really cool.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MightyPretenders posted:

So if you felt like it, you could fill your Gloves, rescue Gina, Kill Rastaban...

Then absorb something into your sword, tipping Asellus off the deep end so that she resurrects Rastaban offscreen on a whim.

Fixed that, and yeah. It's a bug, I think. The intent is obviously to knock you one notch higher up the mystic scale (so from Human -> Half-Mystic or Half-Mystic -> Full) but someone only coded the check so that "if Sword has absorb, then Full Mystic", meaning you can go from Asellus just wanting to be an ordinary girl to suddenly being a cackling megalomaniac all for the price of one monster.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Part of the reason I'm saving Red's scenario for last is that back when I was younger, it was during a Red play through that I really "got" Saga Frontier and figured out how to make a team that was strong enough to beat the game. Then I accidentally corrupted the save in frustration after a spectacular dick move from the game. I didn't come back to the game for a while after that but when I did I knew enough to beat all the quests.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I think the farthest I've ever gotten in this game was the boss of Emelia's quest and the boss of Asellus's quest. Never managed to beat either, though.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

On the topic of SaGa games in general, I'm playing the remake of SaGa 3/Final Fantasy Legend 3 on DS, and I'm not sure how to build my party. Any real tips, not "this is the basics of how the system works", more like "this is what's important, this is what's crap, this is what to avoid"?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kurui Reiten posted:

On the topic of SaGa games in general, I'm playing the remake of SaGa 3/Final Fantasy Legend 3 on DS, and I'm not sure how to build my party. Any real tips, not "this is the basics of how the system works", more like "this is what's important, this is what's crap, this is what to avoid"?

Your endgame macguffin weapons will all be Swords save for one Greatsword and one Katana, so make sure you have at least one human and/or one cyborg training things if possible.

Don't keep more than two characters in the same class at a time, no matter how appealing it might seem to have 4 mechs, or 1 mech and 3 monsters. For that matter, be careful using monsters without a guide telling you exactly where to go; it's still a SaGa game even if it's FFL3.

Agility is still a god-stat; have your humans using rapiers/kung-fu when they're not training up their swords to try to get more agility.

Regarding weapons, keep kung-fu moves around. They're generally some of the strongest single-target damage you can get until endgame, so while they're kind of meh for random battles, they're great for boss-killing. Bows are loving terrible. Never use bows, even if you're forced to. That's how bad they are. Rapiers are pretty good, if kind of status-y with their spark techs, so they're not great for damage later on. Single-target guns are mediocre later on (even if they're nice early on), and heavy artillery is the opposite of kung-fu - good for randoms, but totally useless for a lot of bosses. Axes, Swords, and Greatswords are all more or less interchangeable, except for the first point noted above. Spears are pretty much the only reliable way to train beastmen in strength, but past that they're meh at best, don't be afraid to pitch them.

Don't be afraid to slap healing/buff tomes on everybody that can use them, and try to keep one dedicated spellcaster around if possible. Magic isn't quite the win-game button it was in SaGa 2, but it's still one of your more reliable sources of multitarget damage, especially without a mech on the team.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 27, 2015

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kurui Reiten posted:

If they didn't change the gameplay too much from the GameBoy version, this game plays much more like a Final Fantasy game than a SaGa game. You don't really have to worry about shooting yourself in the foot.

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

The Y2K problem? Well, I've created a very large microwave. It's about two hundred square...cubic , cubic yards. New Years eve, I intend to enter this

Alkarl posted:

I love Asellus' full mystic supercamp ending, it was just such a refreshing change of pace having your main character go mad with power.

One thing I like about her balls-out evil ending is that her text changes from her normal pretty in pink to the stock blue that all other mystics have. Nice little attention to detail.

As for Red, I still think the funniest thing about his scenario is that he gets all the top tier characters in the game for free and a good amount of unique sidekicks, too. Solely by virtue of just being awesome. When he could have Riki's character restrictions and still be able to tear things up with extreme prejudice.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

doing the obvious posted:

One thing I like about her balls-out evil ending is that her text changes from her normal pretty in pink to the stock blue that all other mystics have. Nice little attention to detail.

As for Red, I still think the funniest thing about his scenario is that he gets all the top tier characters in the game for free and a good amount of unique sidekicks, too. Solely by virtue of just being awesome. When he could have Riki's character restrictions and still be able to tear things up with extreme prejudice.

I dunno, one top tier character tells him to go gently caress off and another is only temporary. I may just be biased towards those two though. :v:

And the speech bubble thing really is. All the humans talk in white, the mystics in blue, and Asellus being special in her own purple. Which the game makes a point of showing is the color of her blood. And mystics are blue. It's a nice subtle way of confirming that yep, no more human-ness left here!

vvv
Oh yeah, it's great. The funniest part is that it actually makes sense, when you take into account their lovely personality.

Ayana fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 27, 2015

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

The Y2K problem? Well, I've created a very large microwave. It's about two hundred square...cubic , cubic yards. New Years eve, I intend to enter this
True, but the one that's a dick to you it's pretty funny why he's a dick to you. He does get a lot of the top tier sword/unarmed characters in the game when he doesn't even need them because his gimmick is so damned powerful as is. Plus, gimmicks aside, he himself is a very close second to Liza in terms of over all rear end kicking.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chuu posted:

If they didn't change the gameplay too much from the GameBoy version, this game plays much more like a Final Fantasy game than a SaGa game. You don't really have to worry about shooting yourself in the foot.

The gameplay got utterly gutted for something more SaGa like. The only thing that stuck from the original GB version was the sliding scale between robot to monster. Everything else is much more SaGa-like now, with no levels, semi-randomized stat gains, and a really stilted version of skill sparking from the Romancing/Frontier games.

doing the obvious posted:

True, but the one that's a dick to you it's pretty funny why he's a dick to you. He does get a lot of the top tier sword/unarmed characters in the game when he doesn't even need them because his gimmick is so damned powerful as is. Plus, gimmicks aside, he himself is a very close second to Liza in terms of over all rear end kicking.

He also gets almost as many mechs as T260 does, mostly because of his gimmick. I won't talk about Red's gameplay itself, but I'd say by far he's got the best party selection in the game. I think he's even one of the few characters that gets Liza.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

The gameplay got utterly gutted for something more SaGa like. The only thing that stuck from the original GB version was the sliding scale between robot to monster. Everything else is much more SaGa-like now, with no levels, semi-randomized stat gains, and a really stilted version of skill sparking from the Romancing/Frontier games.

He also gets almost as many mechs as T260 does, mostly because of his gimmick. I won't talk about Red's gameplay itself, but I'd say by far he's got the best party selection in the game. I think he's even one of the few characters that gets Liza.

IIRC, he can get Liza, the other top tier character who isn't a total douchenozzle, and three mechs that t260g can't get (Though not t260g, Leonard, Zeke, or Pkz)

He really has one of the most diverse rosters and some of the best villains in the game as well.

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

He can get Liza easily enough. Plus one of the humans that's unique to his scenario is a top tier caster/gun hybrid. You will never be left wanting for niche characters or overall top tier characters in his scenario.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Half-Mystic seems like a pretty good ending. You're immortal but not a dick about it, and neither is anyone else.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
If I remember right, isn't it possible for any character to get Liza if you decide to do the Rune side-quest?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Luckyellow posted:

If I remember right, isn't it possible for any character to get Liza if you decide to do the Rune side-quest?

No, I think that's just Blue. Roufas will also join any male human going for the Victory Rune.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah, usually it's Annie that everyone gets for doing the Freedom Rune quest and only a few people get Liza.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, usually it's Annie that everyone gets for doing the Freedom Rune quest and only a few people get Liza.

Blue and Red get her via the Rune Quest, Emilia gets her for obvious plot reasons. Pretty sure that's it.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Blue and Red get her via the Rune Quest, Emilia gets her for obvious plot reasons. Pretty sure that's it.

I seem to recall having her in my t260g endgame party a few times, too. I think having Annie is required for other people to get her.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Liza is only obtainable in Red, Blue, and Emelia's quest.

Before we start Asellus's quests we have to talk about...

Asellus and the Essence of Saga Frontier as well as other odds and ends.

The first thing to talk about is the human ending which is obtained by not using the (non glitched) mystic weapons and saving Gina. As far as all the endings go, for me it's the most bland. Like the Half Mystic ending it takes place many years in the future with the major mystic characters and Gina congregated at Asellus's grave and talking about how thankful they were for what she did. They mention that she lead a happy full life and we get to see pictures of various events in Asellus's life such as her marriage, and her children's graduation.

Here's a video for it if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hPCVbfLVM

Additionally, Asellus may have had some scenes that were cut or altered in the final version of the game these include:
-Originally Asellus and White Rose were going to escape Facinaturu by jumping into the furnace where they would be teleported to Mosperiburg. Their clothes would get burnt up in the flames but Virgil would help them out and provide them with new clothes.
-Asellus was going to have a scene in the Bio Research Lab where she meets some scientists who want to experiment on her (there was a book that said that the scientists were interested in half mystics). There she would learn that humans could be just as cruel as mystics.
-There was going to be a quest where Asellus and White Rose were captured by Trinity. Basically what happened in Emelia's quest from Asellus's point of view.
-Asellus could meet with Furdo and Dr. Nusakan in order to get more information on mystics. Furdo would give her information on powers that lower class mystics had that upper class mystics lack. Asellus would try to see if Nusakan could turn her human again, but he was unable to find a way.

Most of this information was obtained through hacking the game to find hidden events and has been compiled on the Saga Frontier section of The Cutting Room Floor Bear in mind though that there might be spoilers around for Red's tale there (although the cutting room floor is a really neat site and worth checking out for a lot of video games, not just Saga Frontier.)

Finally let's get to Fuse's tale.
-Fuse and Silence meet Mesarthim fairly early on while investigating the Lord's Mansion. She offers to help them beat the Devil Squid but Silence scares her away just like in game.

-Fuse first meets Asellus and White Rose when they approach him in his typical spot in the burger joint in Manhattan. They're trying to get some help in their flight from Orlouge but Fuse just tries to hit on them. Soon after the three sages show up but they are much less intimidating than in game. Fuse even goes as far to describe them as a "comedian trio" and they complain about being picked on a lot by Ciato. Things get slightly out of hand when Asellus and White Rose begin openly flirting with one another which causes the sages to start arguing with each other. They try to convince Fuse to offer them asylum from Ciato, but they get so worked up that White Rose and Asellus and then later Fuse are able to sneak out of the diner.

-Fuse stops by Rootville where he chucks the frozen Suzaku Jr. into the furnace to break Jotnar's spell. It works and Suzaku becomes one of Fuse's closest partners. He also runs into Zozma who is trying to hide from Ciato. Ciato is hot on his heels and shows up moments later. Ciato and Fuse almost get into a fight until Zozma uses his evil magic to distract Ciato. Fuse gives Zozma a ride to Koorong afterwards.

-After an event in Red's scenario Fuse gets dumped into the Dark Labyrinth. With Fuse there the Red Turnip tries to escape since you can only escape the Labyrinth if someone else stays behind. Unfortunately for the Turnip, he reveals which door is the way out, and Fuse uses his Hand Blaster to stun him and exit the Labyrinth. From there he gets teleported to Kylin's paradise where a furious Kylin teleports him back to Koorong after Fuse vomits into one of Kylin's vases.

-Right after Fuse gets to Koorong he gets a call to go out to Facinaturu with an arrest warrant for Orlouge. Here Orlouge is less of a harsh dictator and more of a love obsessed fop. His warrant is for sending Ciato to attempt to re-kidnap Princess Rei, but she ends up whooping Ciato's rear end. When Rei shows up to provide her testimony, Orlouge attempts to express his love for her. In a wonderful reversal of the anime trope, everyone calls him out for being a pedophile because of her physical 12 year old body despite her having a soul hundreds of years old or whatever. In particular this incites the rage of Orlouge's 3 mistresses who beat the poo poo out of him allowing Orlouge to be easily arrested. As Fuse is leaving, he runs into a giddy Rastaban who reveals that he warned Rei of Ciato's attempt to kidnap her because he was tired of the stagnation at Chateau Aigulle.

-With that Asellus's tale is pretty much done so we don't see the mystics again until the final fight. Zozma hits the Great Mondo with a Rava Shot spell. Asellus teases White Rose about taking over Orlouge's harem and while the two are distracted Asellus gets hit with Mondo's sword. This triggers Asellus's Asura Revenge and sends White Rose and Mesarthim into a frenzy as they beat down on the mec suit with a double Tiger Rampage attack. Rei also attacks using a Reaper spell which cleaves off one of the layers of Mondo's armor. As far as I'm aware Illdon isn't mentioned in Fuse's tale which is interesting and might make him the only character to get no mention at all. Even Slime gets a moment in the spotlight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dude789 posted:

-Right after Fuse gets to Koorong he gets a call to go out to Facinaturu with an arrest warrant for Orlouge. Here Orlouge is less of a harsh dictator and more of a love obsessed fop. His warrant is for sending Ciato to attempt to re-kidnap Princess Rei, but she ends up whooping Ciato's rear end. When Rei shows up to provide her testimony, Orlouge attempts to express his love for her. In a wonderful reversal of the anime trope, everyone calls him out for being a pedophile because of her physical 12 year old body despite her having a soul hundreds of years old or whatever. In particular this incites the rage of Orlouge's 3 mistresses who beat the poo poo out of him allowing Orlouge to be easily arrested. As Fuse is leaving, he runs into a giddy Rastaban who reveals that he warned Rei of Ciato's attempt to kidnap her because he was tired of the stagnation at Chateau Aigulle.

I just love this part, because it's such a jarring tonal shift and really solidifies Fuse's Quest (at least, in as far as it's described in Essence) as glorified fanfiction. "And then the crooked cop arrested the final boss because he was totally a pedo, come on". It's both the best and the worst part of Essence for me. :allears:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

I just love this part, because it's such a jarring tonal shift and really solidifies Fuse's Quest (at least, in as far as it's described in Essence) as glorified fanfiction. "And then the crooked cop arrested the final boss because he was totally a pedo, come on". It's both the best and the worst part of Essence for me. :allears:

Imagine if we could arrest the other final bosses arrested for silly reasons too. Lemme think, what charges could we get the others on?

Hell's Lord: Violating the first amendment (Using "angels" to attack a magic school? That violates separation of church and state! Guilty!)
Master Ring: Jewelry theft
Diva: Blasphemy (Not sure if that's actually a punishable law in any government court, but Diva doesn't leave me much to work with)
GenocideHeart: Cyberterrorism for sending viruses against HQ.

Can't think of anything sufficiently wacky for Spriggan/Mondo or Red's final boss. Shame.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Weapons development would work for both of them.

Diva could also be brought in for disturbing the peace perhaps.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Diva: Blasphemy (Not sure if that's actually a punishable law in any government court, but Diva doesn't leave me much to work with)

Assault and Battery in the Third Degree? (No premeditation, no planning, just gently caress you have a boss fight!)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Diva would be a noise complaint, as per her dancing and partying in Essence.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Hokuto posted:

Diva would be a noise complaint, as per her dancing and partying in Essence.

Considering Fuse himself was involved there, I don't think he'd be willing to incriminate himself in the process.

Diva might be charged with something related to desecration of historical artifacts, given what happened to the ruins they were in during her fight with Emelia.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

dude789 posted:

Fuse quest stuff

This would have made a great unlockable final POV after finishing all the others. Now you're just some jackass that wanders from region to region screwing over other characters and arresting pedo-Mystics while totally loving up the job you're supposed to be doing.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Welcome back! Today we'll be starting on Red's quest, the final and arguably best quest in Saga Frontier.

Red's quest begins with Red and his dad, Dr. Okonogi driving back to their house. Interestingly enough, despite being a Japanese game, the steering wheel is on the left side of the car.

The early plot for Red's quest moves very quickly. We already have a potential villain in BlackX.

:hydrogen:We studied together. He became obsessed with strange and dangerous experiments for a secret organization. I couldn't stop him and eventually he was expelled. I don't want him to commit any more crimes. Even in his madness, I still consider him a friend.

This next shot happens very quickly so I wasn't able to catch it until it had already started to fade out, but the large vaguely humanoid figure jumped onto the car with an accompanying car crash noise.

Dad! drat that BlackX.

Red Seems to recognize the area. The car crash didn't happen to far from his house.

Unfortunately whe we pan up to the house we find that it is ablaze.

And when we pan back down we find that Red has some company.

We're immmediately thrown into battle against Shuzer. Red really doesn't have too many options so we're just going to punch Shuzer a few times.

You don't ever get to see Red's status but this is a plot battle so it doesn't really matter. Shuzer will Claw Red for a few turns for about 40 damage each.

After about 4 turns Red should die...

But what's this?

It seems that Shuzer might not get away with this so easily (although saying Too Late after Red has already been knocked out seems a little silly.)

Our new friend Alkarl here has a few moves that each do about 600-800 damage, and he has much more HP than Red. You might eve say that the Tables Turned.

After a few turns of getting walloped by Alkarl. Shuzer will jump up and run away.

Fight! Alkaiser

Who the hell are you? And what's with the clothes? What do you think you're doing dressin me up like you?
It was the only way to save your life. I had to make you a hero. I didn't have time to see if you were fit to be one. Well from now on you're 'Alkaiser' the hero. But you must also follow the hero's code of honor. If you do anything unworthy of it you'll be eliminated. And if your true identity is ever revealed, your memory will be erased.
A hero? You made me strong?
Heroes must only use their power for truth and justice.
I'm ready to kick some BlackX butt!
Your power isn't for personal revenge. Use your power for anything but a just cause...and you're dead.

I quite like the idea of turning someone into a hero in order to save them. It encourages taking initiative. Teach a man to fish and all that. Although Red is showcasing some of the risks with that strategy. People may use their super powers for personal gain. Anyway that was the end of the scene and next we flash forward a bit.

Theme of Cygnus

Why are you complimenting me? What's going on.
:captainpop:When you do good I'll tell you. Now let's take a break. There's still some time before we land.

It seems that Red is working in some sort of boiler room on a ship of some kind.

As Red walks through the ship he gives us a bit of an update on what he's been doing after his encounter with Arkarl.

Hawk is the Cygnus's chief engineer and I'm his assistant. Not a day goes by that I don't remember that fateful day.

Yuria was supposed to be Red's love interest but that ended up getting mostlty scrapped due to lack of time. They wanted to do a whole love point system and everything.

What? I'm just an assistant. You know they don't pay me much.
:blush:How much do they pay you? They pay me...
I get less...

:blush:We can go dutch!

After a truly romantic conversation about how much each of them makes, Yuria gets called away but agrees to go on the date at least.

And Red seems pretty happy about it.

It's a good idea to wander around the Cygnus and get a good idea of where everything is. Examining the wall terminals lets you see this neat model of the ship.

We can find Yuria in the dining room where she works as a maid.

On the upper level we find the crews quarters. There are a couple important rooms here.

To the left of the guard you'll find the accounting office where you can pick up Red's paycheck. To the right is the nurse's office which offers a free heal.

You can pick up a check every time you come back to the Cygnus. Red wasn't kidding about his salary. You'll only get about 200 credits but it doesn't hurt to pick it up.

Going back towards the front of the ship on one of the upper levels you'll find the cockpit but there isn't too much to do there right now.

To progress you need to go back to the engine room. The game makes it sound like Hawk is sending you off on some secret mission, but really you're just farting around in whatever region the Cygnus lands in on your time off.

Today that region is Baccarat.

But even if we're not on official hero business that doesn't mean we can't fight crime if it's right in front of us.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 21, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aww man, you didn't link the best song in the game, dude. Right when he transforms you, this starts playing. It really goes a ways towards capturing that sentai spirit. Speaking of, I'm sad I don't have my old AV during this, it just feels appropriate.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Aww man, you didn't link the best song in the game, dude. Right when he transforms you, this starts playing. It really goes a ways towards capturing that sentai spirit. Speaking of, I'm sad I don't have my old AV during this, it just feels appropriate.

Whoops I don't know how I managed to forget that song. Edited it in.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

although saying Too Late after Red has already been knocked out seems a little silly.

He's saying he, Akarl, was too late to stop Shuzer.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

That battle is one reason I think Red is the character you're supposed to start with. The limited interface looks better when you don't know how much of it there's supposed to be.

Also, isn't there a cameo on the Cygnus at this point who disappears after the first landing?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddammit you guys. :golfclap:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I so completely and utterly love Fight! Alkaizer. They really did a good job capturing the feel of the late 70s/early 80s tokusatsu theme song with it; all it's missing is someone like Masato Shimon crooning about how Alkaiser would defeat the forces of BlackX with his Justice Punch or somesuch. Possibly with a chorus of little kids in the background.

Also, yes, for those of you who didn't know before this latest update, Red's storyline gimmick is that he is literally a tokusatsu hero. It's the best thing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

I so completely and utterly love Fight! Alkaizer. They really did a good job capturing the feel of the late 70s/early 80s tokusatsu theme song with it; all it's missing is someone like Masato Shimon crooning about how Alkaiser would defeat the forces of BlackX with his Justice Punch or somesuch. Possibly with a chorus of little kids in the background.

Also, yes, for those of you who didn't know before this latest update, Red's storyline gimmick is that he is literally a tokusatsu hero. It's the best thing.

These things exist. In spades. I'm gonna save some of them for later and throw in a few after certain events, but have one for right now. (Small spoilers if you know Japanese, just in case.)

AngryOlScotchCup
Dec 6, 2008

Looking down, watching the world's progress.
You've got a broken image tag in the beginning starting at /capture_003_30032015_140758.jpg[/img].

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008
YES. Red/Alkaiser's battle themes are some of the best things Kenji Ito and Square as a whole have ever produced. Battle #5 in particular is one of the only video game songs I keep on my iPhone at all times. It's that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Oh god yes, Red's story. As someone who is a major fan of Kamen Rider, I have been looking forward to this.

• Locked thread