Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

My brother got SaGa Frontier when it came out and hated it, so I used to sneak it away from him while he was at work and play it, so it holds a special place in my heart.

One of the things I love about the game is the sharp, gritty, and loud sound effects in it. There is a very saturated feel to some things and it kicks some of the battles up another notch. Personal favorite being one that is enveloped in big end game spoilers so I won't even mention it, but this youtube video is a good example of a 5 way combo blowing your mind...This includes an end game character yet to be seen, but its basically just end game techs in the bio lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WagR3FlnkiE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Roufas is really getting bitchslapped by the RNG, though--he's got decent DEF and HP, and even though he's never at the front of the party, it seems like the game wants to really gently caress him over, because he just keeps getting smashed in the face for damage seemingly consistently higher than the other party members. Is there a hidden flag that makes the enemy better at dishing super chaos onto his dumb stupid countenance more than anyone else? I am dismally stupefied: confused.

You know I've played this game a lot since I was a wee lad when it came out, but never got into the algorithms behind the curtain. I also have vague memories of Roufas always taking an annoyingly higher amount of damage and wonder if it really is some side of coded thing.

Anyways, I love seeing people who likewise enjoy this game, as unfinished as it is. It's funny as I thought "Man he isn't even showing of X or Y before finishing Emelia!" But then remembered all the remaining scenarios and certainly wouldn't want this LP to blow the load on the first one!

My only request is more music links! I like the little diddy that accompanies the end scenario art and a place like Luminous and Shingrow have pretty cool thematic music!

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 30, 2013

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Thank God I started with T260G my first time! As we kind of know now, Mecs are super easy to play...Stack equipment, absorb other mecs, don't worry about combo's. Much better option than, let's say, picking that radical dude with the purple hair, he seems chill!

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I think this definitely belongs in this thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ku_u24dOw

I never knew someone would love SF(And Kirby) this much...

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I had accidentally stepped on and cracked my first copy of SF so I had to order a used copy from like ebgames or something. Anyways it comes and its in rough condition so I had to clean it often, it would skip, etc.

Anyways, I finally get to Blue's final boss and that just happens. I think "This loving disc is so broken..." Until I went online to read about the ending and voila, turns out its just a poorly explained, lovely ending.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Just want to say, awesome job Dude. Very impressed and pleased that the LP survived the technical difficulties, and I think you are doing a great job at squeezing out as much as you can from a very incomplete game, and pacing it well.

Looking forward to the remaining quests! Lute should be a good one to really keep you honest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Don't want to hijack this thread anymore...but for the LP of SF2, I hope the music and the liet motif[is that even the right word?] Get some big attention, especially the variations and excellent arrangements on YouTube. The music probably for a the game together better than the scenarios, haha. I've had the piano variations as top played on my ipod for at least the part 7 years.

• Locked thread