Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosarioImpale
Oct 27, 2007
Absolutely thrilled to see someone LPing this; I was downright obsessed throughout my early gaming years. I still go back once in a while to read Essence and I always end up learning something new.

Seconding the 'you've been incredibly lucky with Annie', though. She was basically dead weight in almost all of my playthroughs; I don't think I've ever seen her spark more than once in a battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosarioImpale
Oct 27, 2007
Yeah, this is the only non-her own scenario Asellus can be an end-game character in; she appears in another's, but not as a permanent character. It's also, if I recall correctly, one of the few where there is a specific crossover of timelines between main characters-- or, well, there would have been, had Asellus' quest actually been finished with its layout of plans, as another character who will show up soon was going to have a bigger role in her quest. As it stands, it feels a little random to have Asellus and White Rose there if you haven't seen the supplementals or the unused text.

RosarioImpale
Oct 27, 2007

Derek Barona posted:

Minor unsolicited lesson in japanese honorifics, T260's calling people "sir" is probably a translation from adding -san to the end of their names in normal honorifics style, so Thyme-san or Rosemary-san. As W.T. Fits pointed out, Uncle Taco being an octopus is explained by the fact that the word for octopus actually is "tako", and "uncle" is usually denoted as "oji-san", so you put the wordr together and you get "Tako-oji-san-san" to make the equally awkward sounding Sir Uncle Taco, hence why he got annoyed.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure "Tako-ji" is where the G came from. I'll have to whip out my JPN copy but it's the only way it makes sense.

RosarioImpale
Oct 27, 2007
Fun Essence fact:

Apparently, the girl who was possessed is actually Annie's sister, who was adopted by that billionaire. She mentions having two siblings in Emelia's quest-- we never see anything about the brother, but she does allude to her sister there.

• Locked thread