Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Alkarl posted:

I wouldn't exactly call it a glitch, more like... Taking advantage of an economic downturn to gain significant profits with which to actually afford something in this game :v:

More like engaging in insider trading and artificially inflating the price of a certain valuable material for fabulous wealth. :colbert:

At least most of the time that money is going to a good cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Isn't Mondo it's a secret to everyone?

*EDIT* Sorry about that, got ahead of the plot there.

dotchan fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 7, 2013

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

dude789 posted:

Could you edit that out dotchan? I've been pretty lenient about spoilers thus far, but that's a pretty big one. Don't worry, we'll get there eventually.

Also, update is on the previous page. I didn't realize we were so close to a new one.

Oops, yeah, that's a pretty huge atomic flying spoiler. It's since been edited.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Apparently, Hell looks like this because somebody made a very poorly thought out wish on a certain evil artifact from a certain quest. I'm sure the LP will go in depth about it once we get there.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

CmdrKing posted:

Absolutely. What you do is, don't play the game at all, and instead marvel at the gorgeous sprite work, great character art, and quite possibly the best music Masashi Hamauzu has ever composed.

Such good music that he basically recycled the Unlimited Saga battletheme into Final Fantasy XIII.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Riki's Quest makes me wonder if one of the devs at Squaresoft has a hate-boner for Tolkien, as the plot is basically "The Lord of the Rings, but Darker and Edgier" (the hardest boss fight is even called "Ring Lord"!).

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

MightyPretenders posted:

Do you think they would make any real changes to the plot in a remake?

All of the in-engine cutscenes are now replaced by pre-rendered cutscenes filled with Quick-Time Events. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Certainly Edo period Japan had no particular problems with it, nor did China in periods before there was significant direct contact with Europeans.

Well, no problem with it so long as you produced children to ensure the family name lived on. And didn't discuss about your "indiscretions" in public.

It was the same with heterosexual relationships, really. Marriage was for procreation; for everything else, that's what mistresses and brothels were for.

• Locked thread