Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Fun fact: Final Fantasy Legend for the Gameboy was (obviously) not a Final Fantasy game, but a rebranded SaGa game. :eng101:

I managed to beat FFL, but it's kind of neat to see how the gameplay evolved. Originally, mutants were the ones that leveled up as the fight went on; for humans, you had to buy steroids potions.

Of course, the designers instantly saw the problem with this and made weapons have limited uses so you couldn't just slot four humans and drink your way to breaking the game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm looking forward to mech types, they're possibly my favorite part of SaGa.

Beep boop equip personality.exe

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Most of the game involves semi-aimless wandering around, but you're doing so in awesome looking dungeons, listening to rad as hell music, with a crazy cast of robots, models and drunks, beating up cool poo poo with even cooler looking attack animations.

This is pretty much SaGa.txt, right here.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

dude789 posted:

After exiting the dragon cave and continuing along the main path we eventually find another cave with a flaming Suzaku trapped in ice. Suzaku is a recruitable character, but the recruitment process is probably the most obtuse thing in this game. I'll show it off later though, don't worry.

:stonk:

I don't suppose any of the other Fiends from FFL show up later on?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pneub posted:

Also technically monsters kinda blow late-game. I'm not even 100% sure you could beat some of the final bosses with just monsters if you let the enemy rank get too high.

Plus ça change.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man, is there any SaGa game that doesn't have some sort of ridiculous exploit due to programmer oversight?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CmdrKing posted:

That would require there to be a SaGa game that was released on-time, budget intact, and in a complete state.

So no.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FeyerbrandX posted:

I think its been said before, but that would make an excellent alternate title to this (or any) SaGa threads.

I dunno, this is a pretty close second for SaGa.txt:

Nakar posted:

The whole transformation thing to Beasts/Monsters/Cyborgs/Robots is fairly exploitable if you understand what you're doing with it and/or have access to the right equipment or loot (staves inexplicably give Cyborgs shitloads of HP), and if you understand the badly-translated ability list (such as that oChange actually grants elemental resistance), and knowing about casting spells from items. Or you can just throw TNT and Nukes at everything, which works well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
T260G. All mechs. All the time. Make it happen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oh man. I just know there's some guy in a top hat lurking out there. :stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Uncle Taco the Octopus.

I don't.

What :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wait a minute. Wait!

That's Ronfar! He's totally Ronfar! from Lunar 2!

Doesn't anyone else see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! :psyduck:

• Locked thread