Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man
This has been a great and very informative LP so far and I am really enjoying it.

I actually dusted off my copy of SaGa Frontier to start playing again and ran through Asellus' story in the past day or two. One interesting thing I noticed was that despite having put about 11 hours into the quest (several of which were afk time when I forgot to turn it off) and having all of my characters with ~600 HP, 100 WP/JP I was still fighting pretty easy enemies. I think the most difficult monster that spawned even in the increase battle rank areas was a Thundragon but most enemies were still things like Manticores, Unicorns, and IronHoppers. Of course if I fought in the swamp in Yorkland I would fight the squid guys but I thought it was a bit strange to otherwise be fighting weaker monsters. My memory might be off since I haven't played in years though. I'm also wondering if playing it on PS3 could have affected anything since I've only ever played it on PSX before this and it is emulated.

I know you've touched on battle rank and things like the enemy sprite before battle affecting combat but are you planning on going over how battle rank works in more detail in your gameplay updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man
Let's just get Riki's stupid story over with. I got burnt hard by its shenanigans when I picked Riki as my first character as a kid.

• Locked thread