Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Is there probably gonna be a lot of players on the 360? I dont own one at the moment and honestly Im hesitant to get the new systems cuz theyll be expensive but i want people online if i want to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

tbp posted:

Is there probably gonna be a lot of players on the 360? I dont own one at the moment and honestly Im hesitant to get the new systems cuz theyll be expensive but i want people online if i want to play

If you are in North America or Britain, yea there will be tons of players. Europe a bit less than if you had a PS3, anywhere else and well you're kind of hosed to begin with.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 13, 2013

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

tbp posted:

I imagine it'll have the most players of all the systems.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Tried the demo on the 360, after three games I finally scored a goal. Everything felt so weird and unusual even though it's more or less the exactly same game as last year.

Is the PC version the same as the console versions?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, it's the same.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

tbp posted:

360 is where most Goons are at the moment, PS4 is where they will be in half a year.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So I just got from division ten to division one in h2h seasons without a single failed promotion, and 8 of them were division titles. If I can win Div1 on my first try I'm gonna pat myself on the back super loving hard.

Record is like 55 wins 12 draws 8 losses.

All this on 2013 obviously, but I gotta get in shape for 14.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

hopterque posted:

So I just got from division ten to division one in h2h seasons without a single failed promotion, and 8 of them were division titles. If I can win Div1 on my first try I'm gonna pat myself on the back super loving hard.

That's decent, try it in Ultimate Team, where the real boss men play.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This just in: After trying the demo, PES is still poo poo. Possibly worse than last year's demo somehow.

PS3 people should play Parmos. We're playing tonight, in fact. :getin:

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

yeah but what team/teams are you using?

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

The new web app is up and running

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

is there a way to see what i made my security question? I don't have fifa 13 anymore and would like to use the web app and can't remember

e: nevermind, apparently the security questions just aren't working for a lot of people

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 14, 2013

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Did they fix the rubber banding and handicapping in FUT this year?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

mynameisjohn posted:

is there a way to see what i made my security question? I don't have fifa 13 anymore and would like to use the web app and can't remember

e: nevermind, apparently the security questions just aren't working for a lot of people

Not working for me either. According to Rob Hodson on twitter they're aware and working on fixing it.

"@RobHodson_: Team's making progress on the security qu issue. When the fix happens your account will also be unlocked."

chia
Dec 23, 2005

ZHamburglar posted:

Did they fix the rubber banding and handicapping in FUT this year?

No, they were busy with new celebrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I got a couple free packs and my biggest pulls were Kolo Toure and Mexes. Not gonna complain.

e- Apparently Kolo is worth a decent amount, by I have no idea how to profit from the pre-release FUT market. I don't even know how some people have these many coins already.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 14, 2013

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf
My free packs have been good to me, I pulled Samuel Eto and Luis Suarez.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

drbesty posted:

My free packs have been good to me, I pulled Samuel Eto and Luis Suarez.

Holy poo poo. You are on easy street. I think for the actually expensive players, it is better to wait for the game launch to sell them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku get in.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Got the fastest brasilver forward, nice.
http://www.futhead.com/14/players/6869/neto-berola/

Too bad it wasn't Leite.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheBigAristotle posted:

This just in: After trying the demo, PES is still poo poo. Possibly worse than last year's demo somehow.

PS3 people should play Parmos. We're playing tonight, in fact. :getin:

Didn't the last PES demo play at like half speed or something really loving stupid to have in the demo? Not really a surprise this one is poo poo too

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

This was the best player I got, I think he might be worth a bit a few weeks in once people start making cheapo Brazilian teams, but the fact he's a gold hinders him a bit since guys like Willian and Neymar will be ahead of him in Gold teams.

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/4563/osvaldo/

Bodzilla
Mar 11, 2007

Beep beep, motherf*cker!
Managed to get Vidic, so hopefully I can sell him off and make a decent cheap squad from the get go.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Cant wait to get home and get me some free packs.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I'll download this while i'm out later.

Hopefully they've done something to address the hilarious over-effectiveness of the lofted through ball.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
What is the point of the ultimate team in the demo?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

What is the point of the ultimate team in the demo?

There is none.

Is the web app down for everybody else? I've tried 4 different browsers across a Mac and a pc and it just shows a blank screen.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Nice of them to start you off with a full squad so you can play right away...too bad you can't sell them :(

RPL looking to be cheap as hell this year...looking forward to owning bones with a front three of Doumbia, Dzyuba/Kokorin, and Honda.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

Nice of them to start you off with a full squad so you can play right away...too bad you can't sell them :(

RPL looking to be cheap as hell this year...looking forward to owning bones with a front three of Doumbia, Dzyuba/Kokorin, and Honda.

The first pack you get has every player on 45 contracts so people can use the squad without worrying about coins for contracts in the beginning which can be a pain. IDK why you can't sell them though, that is a bit weird. You probably will be able to once the game goes live. Anyways there are some definite bargains right now because no one has coins and they want them/people aren't valuing players properly at the moment. I quick sold two super poo poo Argentine league golds and picked up Heung Min Son for 400 which is a steal. 83 pace, good shooting, 5 star weakfoot (and leftfooted), Med/Low workrates (which is great in the Bundesliga where every ST is High/High). I was planning on using him in a hybrid and my first budget Bundesliga team. Might be the only trade I make before the game, but still there are some budget moves you can make if you pay attention.

Also a lot of player information has been false so far. Not necessarily ratings but certainly positions, Villa is at LW instead of ST (big bummer), Boateng is at CAM, Neymar is at striker etc. Regarding the RPL, since strength is a bigger factor this year I think Traore is gonna be even more of a beast this year. 94 strength and while his card number didn't change he got a +6 to heading.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i thought they said you could search for players by name this year? You better believe i'm building an English bronze team with Alan Smith and his 50 pace at CAM he will destroy

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I like how there is a bronze gold keeper in the MLS this year with 80 speed. 11 points higher than any other goalkeeper. He's probably absolute dogshit, but you would probably win every 1 on 1 which would be fun, especially if you were already making an mls bronze team.

e- Just quick bought him for 250. He is rare and a novelty. Even if I don't use him I'll definitely make those coins back.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 14, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I guess I'm the only one with web app problems. First world problem gents.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Soulex posted:

Switch browsers maybe? I've logged on and off today with no problem or glitches. I'm using Chrome.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Soulex posted:

it doesn't work for me on chrome cause i have it set to block 3rd party cookies, or some nerd thing i dont understand at all

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Switch browsers maybe? I've logged on and off today with no problem or glitches. I'm using Chrome.

I've used 4 browsers. It is weird.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The web app has been a little glitchy for me on chrome, but it's working mostly fine.

Not much point in using it until I get my pre order packs, though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Got it working and best player I got was Shurrle. Sold him for 5.3k and I figure that will help me more when I finally get to play.

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf

vaginal culture posted:

i thought they said you could search for players by name this year? You better believe i'm building an English bronze team with Alan Smith and his 50 pace at CAM he will destroy

You can search by name on the actual game itself, not sure why they left it out of the web app.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I got a bunch of bullshit in my packs and sold off nearly everybody. Decided to make the Sounders and then a random reserve/fitness squad with the Mexican league. Overall I'm happy and it'll be a good starter squad:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=ialr5lBH9C6:360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001
Did the web app ask for your console to link against like in previous years? I didnt notice it before so Im a bit curious if they did some backend unification of the transfer market or if its just wide open on the web app now but will go console specific later.

• Locked thread