Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Te quierooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lolsonic posted:

Americans. Europeans. New Zealanders. We will all have fun together!

http://youtu.be/Pv0PAchVGCw?t=51s

God damnit Fifa thread, that was the last thing I'd spect from here. Meltdowns, sperging, dick-measuring and all that is completely fine but not him. We got hosed in the WC but this hits my inner:spain:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Playing the demo now and drat, it is bad. Sucks rear end. Cancel pre-orders while you can, this one is a stinker. EA you loving apes!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

African AIDS cum posted:

Playing the demo now and drat, it is bad. Sucks rear end. Cancel pre-orders while you can, this one is a stinker. EA you loving apes!

Nice try but it isn't even out yet.

Nice fake meltdown.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I cant wait for this game to come out so I can continue my career of being poo poo at it and making massive trading losses.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

hopterque posted:

Nice try but it isn't even out yet.

Nice fake meltdown.

I'm in the early access program for elite players, been suggesting changes but they keep dumbing it down so they can get a bigger playerbase. I probably made countless people give up on the game with the drubbings i was doling out left and right.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I'm running fifa 14 in offline mode (computer hasn't been hooked up to the Internet for a week now) and it was working fine till today, now it keeps crashing at the ea team logo. I saw the fix is to switch from my Nvidia gpu to integrated graphics, but this makes the game lag to the point where it's unplayable. So I was wondering if there were any tweaks I could make in my 3D settings to stop the crashing.

Never mind turning off v-sync seems to have fixed it.

White Noise Marine fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 9, 2014

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Demo is out for 15. Opening intro game, I noticed some weird free kick bug by the AI. Happened once on a goal kick and the other on this free kick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cw32SuM7K8

Skip to 40 seconds in, the beginning I just uploaded because I liked the keeper save animation and the later the nutmeg on the keeper since usually you would just collide and not be able to touch the ball.

edit: and I left my terrible miss at the end there since I have no shame. I was screaming at the drat kinect to record and wouldn't listen

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Fifa demos are notoriously buggy bastards that have little semblance to the full game.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I, Zip, aged 28 and a quarter are getting Fifa 15 for the Sony Playstation Four (4).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently shooting is broken in the demo.

I loving love fifa demos because they're from like a 6 month old version of the game and everyone freaks out about everything.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
The demos are stupid because you have to play against the AI rather than actual people

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

The demos are stupid because you have to play against the AI rather than actual people

Exactly. The AI is more difficult than the idiots I usually play online.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Zip! posted:

I, Zip, aged 28 and a quarter are getting Fifa 15 for the Sony Playstation Four (4).

We may actually have a decent number of Euros all on the same console this year to play pro clubs.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Wait till you all learn what a massive bell end I can be when playing clubs, you're going to love it!

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Are you saying that you're worse when playing clubs, or that people don't already think you're a massive bell-end???

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Are you moving to next gen Stotty? Must be a hard choice for you between SNES and Mega Drive

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

Are you moving to next gen Stotty? Must be a hard choice for you between SNES and Mega Drive

A terrible joke thief

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

New thread motherfuckers: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663735

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

African AIDS cum posted:

it's good i think.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

Apparently shooting is broken in the demo.

I loving love fifa demos because they're from like a 6 month old version of the game and everyone freaks out about everything.

I remember Fifa 13 demo being absolutely terrible then I loved the final release, is like instead of trying to sell their game with something close to what they're shipping they just go "just give them our alpha, they'll buy it anyways". I know I'm buying 15 despite the state of this demo so I'm part of the problem :shepspends:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The reason why the demo is always like this is actually really simple: It's broadly the same demo they've been showing at trade shows for like 6 months, with maybe a few roster updates. That means it's from a version of the game from months and months ago, usually around halfway through the dev cycle. That's why you see a lot of weird bugs and AI stuff that's totally gone in the retail version because they stomped them ages ago. The retail version usually has its own, different bugs, but yeah.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm trying the demo on PC, at least it looks way way better than 14 graphics wise. It has nice little touches like being able to clear a ball after a sliding tackle, at least to get the ball outside instead of a dead ball close to your goal and throwing in a new ball instead of having the player run 50 yards like a retard to recover it. Other than that, gameplay feels weird like every other fifa demo but can see the potential.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Some of the touches are great, theres little things like I had Sterling run onto a long ball but he was running faster than the ball so he flicked a leg behind him to take a touch in front rather than slow down. Also I really like that you can take on players with movement rather than always skill moves.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have to admit that for a fifa demo, it looks promising. And holy poo poo, i can't get enough replays with grass flying around.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What's the cheatiest way to get the season trophies and the world class match challenge trophy because they are exceedingly tedious and lovely and the only things between me and plat.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The FUT app is supposed to be up today, but it is not up yet. :sigh:

quote:

EA SPORTS FIFA @EASPORTSFIFA · 47m
We’re currently working to launch the #FUT 15 Web App. Stay tuned for more info. #FIFA15

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

where's the app EA, wheres the fuckin' app, where is it.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

The FUT app is supposed to be up today, but it is not up yet. :sigh:

Am I missing what it would be useful for now?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Drunk Badger posted:

Am I missing what it would be useful for now?

Starter packs, loyalty packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh I posted in the wrong thread, closing this now.

New Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663735&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

• Locked thread