Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

Curious they picked Milan instead of Juventus.

Milan's been in the demo for a few years now, I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hopterque posted:

Except he's still on the team in the demo, so, welp.

In that case I'm double lolling.

Also downloading this demo has reminded how much I hate downloading things on xbox. I have 100 meg fibre optic and this poo poo is taking forever.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PS3 isn't any better, maybe next gen will be better. I wish I was at my other office I could pop home during lunch to start my download

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Sucks for you guys it took me like 10 minutes to download and install it on PC :smugdog:.

Now all I have to deal with is a much smaller playerbase and the inevitable FUT botting.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

In that case I'm double lolling.

Also downloading this demo has reminded how much I hate downloading things on xbox. I have 100 meg fibre optic and this poo poo is taking forever.

Maybe it's a UK thing? I only have 25 down and I never understood the complaints. Demos like this take 5 minutes tops for me to DL. Also Gareth Bale in a mo-cap suit looks loving hilarious.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this game is poo poo. the defending is terrible you feel like you're on skates.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hopterque posted:

Sucks for you guys it took me like 10 minutes to download and install it on PC :smugdog:.

PC gaming is for nerds m8

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mynameisjohn posted:

I didn't have any trouble? Only goals I gave up where when I was screwing around against world class+ AI, even though the AI is definitely better and takes shots a lot.

e: ^^^^^ yeah it fukkin is. It's me, I'm a nerd.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 10, 2013

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mynameisjohn posted:

Are you sure you're not playing NHL 14?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

I didn't have any trouble? Only goals I gave up where when I was screwing around against world class+ AI, even though the AI is definitely better and takes shots a lot.

I used to get my rear end kicked in the demo for 13, but never had any trouble with the actual game. Also Loic Remy was busted in that demo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

im not getting scored on its just the world class AI keeps the ball and the tackling speed is too fast for run and too slow for jog so you just feel like you're always catching up and it's tiring to play. I don't know if it's better on the lower difficulties, but the product im playing is pretty loving frustrating.

i dunno there should just be a bit of leniency for the user, over running the ball by 15 meters because you cant stop when someone cuts inside is ridiculous.

e: and the world class computers defensive AI is SO MUCH better than yours.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 10, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mynameisjohn posted:

im not getting scored on its just the world class AI keeps the ball and the tackling speed is too fast for run and too slow for jog so you just feel like you're always catching up and it's tiring to play. I don't know if it's better on the lower difficulties, but the product im playing is pretty loving frustrating.

i dunno there should just be a bit of leniency for the user, over running the ball by 15 meters because you cant stop when someone cuts inside is ridiculous.

e: and the world class computers defensive AI is SO MUCH better than yours.

I don't know what to say man, this hasn't really been an issue for me. Are you not using the contain buttons?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish FIFA would add that arrow thing from PES.

PES blows but you could hold down L2 (I think) and an arrow would appear and you could pass the ball in that direction.

With the proper power in the pass, you could make really great lead passes, as well as the ability to pass into open space behind a player that might be behind a defender.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

the full version will be a world of difference if last year is any indication

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

hopterque posted:

I don't know what to say man, this hasn't really been an issue for me. Are you not using the contain buttons?
I am. I've now just played my first match on professional and the same issues from last years game have just been magnified with the protect ball mechanic. I won 2-0 with 75% of the possession. The tackling in this game needs to be seriously improved to the point where the chasing team has the chance of taking the ball off the team in possession. It's really not that much fun and the moves you can build feel a lot less fluid because of the emphasis on possession that has been steadily building since like Fifa 12.

The new shooting is REALLY great, though.

The new PES game still feels far too mechanical, but the way they handle tackling is so much better and it leads to the game having a better feeling of ebb and flow.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Shooting feels quite nice and the protecting the ball with LT poo poo is quite nice.

Can't really comment on the defending because I never play against the AI in fifa 13 so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Mehh. Feels too much like 13 with the same annoying things but then again it's just the demo. Definitely not good enough to make me buy it for xbox360. Maybe for PS4.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

gael glichy can still do a panna roulette lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chia posted:

Mehh. Feels too much like 13 with the same annoying things but then again it's just the demo. Definitely not good enough to make me buy it for xbox360. Maybe for PS4.

Is that $10 upgrade to next-gen still a thing?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

haha World Class defense is so loving stupid. NY Red Bulls players can catch up with Cavani or Lucas Moura from like 5 meters in their wake.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

mynameisjohn posted:

haha World Class defense is so loving stupid. NY Red Bulls players can catch up with Cavani or Lucas Moura from like 5 meters in their wake.

You know the AI has to cheat at a certain point for it to have a chance at beating you right? If you played on the highest setting in 13 anything you did in the box gave the CPU a penalty.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Seltzer posted:

You know the AI has to cheat at a certain point for it to have a chance at beating you right? If you played on the highest setting in 13 anything you did in the box gave the CPU a penalty.
it doesnt make sense to increase their physical stats, though. they should just make less mistakes and be more composed and do the more human thing. Regardless of the difficulty Lucas Moura should be faster than *insert poo poo MLS centerback*

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

mynameisjohn posted:

it doesnt make sense to increase their physical stats, though. they should just make less mistakes and be more composed and do the more human thing.

Uhhh that's incredibly hard to program AI like that. You're against physical stat boosting, but you'd be ok if they bumped the AIs defense to 99 interceptions 99 vision etc? It's unrealistic either way and kind of pointless to complain about. I know the demo forces you to play the AI, but after you get a copy of the game you shouldn't ever be playing against the AI again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mynameisjohn posted:

it doesnt make sense to increase their physical stats, though. they should just make less mistakes and be more composed and do the more human thing. Regardless of the difficulty Lucas Moura should be faster than *insert poo poo MLS centerback*

The AI can't tell what a 'mistake' is. It's dumb as a box of rocks i.e. about as smart as jozy altidore.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hopterque posted:

Now all I have to deal with is a much smaller playerbase and the inevitable FUT botting.

The botting was for idiots. You could use cheat engine in the FUT single player cups. Hotkey a change and make every Ultimate Cup match the final. Add another trainer to instantly win 5-0 for a sweet 3.6k coins in 5 seconds :smug:

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

mynameisjohn posted:

I understand what you mean by "on skates", the much touted, "So...like mates, ere's the deal with the new collision system, it's gunna feel like yer in fer the hard challenges and for the first time.......are ya ready for this?...Players are gonna raise their fuckin arms when they come in to challenge.... mind blowing, I know", Per the E3 interview was just a lot of lip service. You still glide around and exploit the wings that have the most pace for cheap shot chances when you cut the ball back in towards mid. I will say the shot physics do feel much improved, but the whole revamped collision/"making the game feel real in the defense" aspect is no where in the demo.

Still getting crazy glitches on PC with my gtx 760, but I am not sure that the card has full support yet. It's very much a 7/10 game that will get 10/10 of my money :negative:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The stat boosting pace stuff has always been weird. Pay attention to how often your player juuust misses out on catching up to a ball that's going out of play and it becomes super obvious how gamed it all is.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

hopefully the next gen version is much better with all the new animations and stuff.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
EA has no real reason to innovate, it will be the same game with 1 months worth of work added on, and I'll figure out the best way to defend the new moves and I'll win like all of my matches on Ultimate Team, as I have an incredible won-loss record, but it makes me get bored.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i beat the game by not playing it and going to the gym instead maybe you nerds should try it

or maybe not

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

for some reason the actual demo vs. what people have been saying about the game just makes me really upset at the professional fifa muppets on youtube.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vaginal culture posted:

as I have an incredible won-loss record, but it makes me get bored.

Is this a gimmick at this point.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

i beat the game by not playing it and going to the gym instead maybe you nerds should try it

or maybe not
im doing curls while playing one handed lad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seltzer posted:

Is this a gimmick at this point.

Well anyone is free to post their own better record, I'll just wait.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Woah, I had no idea the demo was out today. Noice.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i run on a treadmill at the same speed as virtual me whenever i'm playing pro clubs

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

or maybe not

My VP lost 5 kg the other day in about 15 seconds. Jealous? :smug:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Been playing a few matches. Can't believe someone who had beta access claimed that the pace was lower in FIFA 14. This is the most arcade like FIFA I've played so far. Don't like the changes to dribbling either, I wanna do a long touch and I keep loving it up.

Might wanna check out the PES demo as well, think they had developed a new engine or something? Would be great if they upped their game so EA had some decent competition again.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
PES is always better mate, you plastics just can't get the hang of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hegav posted:

Been playing a few matches. Can't believe someone who had beta access claimed that the pace was lower in FIFA 14. This is the most arcade like FIFA I've played so far. Don't like the changes to dribbling either, I wanna do a long touch and I keep loving it up.

Might wanna check out the PES demo as well, think they had developed a new engine or something? Would be great if they upped their game so EA had some decent competition again.
PES is decent actually. They adapted the fox engine to football and it looks great, but the control still feels too mechanical in comparison to fifa.

• Locked thread