Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

What the gently caress just happened in this thread. I just started reading to gain FUT team knowledge and the last few pages scare me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I rented it for the 360 and something felt off about 14. Feels pretty good on the Xbox One but I am pretty sure I am the only one in the world who bought the One.

So I am a pretty awful Fifa player but I do enjoy playing. I suck so I am always raging in H2H seasons. I bought Fifa 14 for my phone and got hooked on FUT. Yeah that's pretty pathetic but it passed the time on the shitter. I started FUT on my One and holy poo poo, why does it look like I am playing in fast forward. I must have missed something there.

Alright gotta go collect my EA check now

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

What the gently caress am I doing that I keep changing the camera angle on the fly on the Xbox one? Just started this morning and it's drat annoying

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I think the upload studio for the xbox could use more star wipes. This made my hole pucker, 2 minutes in against the TOTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVd8MQthgo4

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Played my first FUT online seasons match and the kinect on the Xbox One is pretty amazing. Amazing to hear the guy you are playing just rage hardcore. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack when he fouled me in the box.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Mr Cynicism posted:

Anyone played the phone version?

Yes. There is an awesome bug that makes me rage. It won't let you switch players at random times. Made for some great rage poops

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Eboracum posted:

I've just got into Div 3 (possibly 4 but I'm 3 wins out of 3) and yeah I'm facing more and more people who are doing this. I don't mind getting them back with lobbed through ball but I have no idea which skill moves are useful as I can't do any.

I guess it's a bitch move by me but to counter this I just run ultra defensive and wait for them to gently caress up a pass in the midfield. After that I just lob it to the other side of the field where a winger is all alone. Of course since I suck I still only win 1-0 despite having 15 shots on goal. I am the worst shooter

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I don't want to go too deep into this issue but there is evidence that some people who post in this thread (almost always about Ultimate Team and card trades/purchases) have a very strong connection to EA, of what sort I can't say for certain, but just be aware that maybe you aren't being given all of the information available.

I always thought your posts were jokes, holy poo poo dude. Take off the tinfoil hat

How do people afford the more expensive players? I am so drat coin poor in FUT. I think my biggest card opening had a player that sold for 10k. Are people buying coins or just lucky with purchases? My Spanish BBVA team does ok but it would be cool to use the more expensive players

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

So this is still a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LfO66j9Cg

Disconnection glitch in online modes. I am a baby and only play FUT single player so I haven't run into it yet. Any of y'all?

I feel dumb for asking but how do you apply a squad fitness card? I can only do through the web app? Is that some weird omission from the game?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

hostile apostle posted:

The packs have totally crashed the market. Lots of players previously going for +10K are now 5. UP Hazard sub 400.

Just picked up UP Vidal for 5700 on PS.

How does that work? Is it just lack of buying since people got better players in their packs? My packs sucked balls :(

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Not having to buy fitness cards is a huge deal for coin poor people like myself. I get sad when I realized how many coins I wasted on fitness cards and injury cards.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

2 free packs if you log in between now and April 11. Just did it thru the phone app. Lol at dudes who read a thread about videogames they hate. Yeesh

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Cracks me up when you see a team with 5 stars and 30 chemistry. I just started in Online Ultimate seasons and it's a surefire sign you are about to get lobbed all day long. Dude never even advanced with a pass on the ground. All lobbed through ball attempts. He went up on my quick 2 to 0 but I was able to equalize in 2nd half. Beats me with his 4th kickoff lobbed through ball attempt. Oh well. From googling it seems I need to set a custom tactic to drop the back line? There was only so much I can do and eventually he would break through. It's funny to watch these people play though because they won't even take a clean shot on the goal unless it's a volley. Dude would back up and wait for a teammate so he could lob to the other side of the box instead of shooting.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

beedeebee posted:

DO you have any links or tips for that custom tactic to drop your backline? Seems interesting (and slightly :spergin:).

It's probably something everyone knows on here but the dude discusses how to do it http://youtu.be/gpdFFTF1Jtw

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I agree the 360 and ps3 versions are not fun

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

illcendiary posted:

Am I imagining things, or is it a common tactic for players online to deliberately watch entire cutscenes to goad other players into mashing X on accident and creating a short pass on a corner or free kick? Or do people just really like cutscenes?

Yes it happens a lot. hosed me but you learn the 1st time. I think I do well when I switch up formations every so often. I think I get stuck in a rut and the change makes me better again. I am jealous y'alls awesome teams. My best card was an Aguero so I built a team around him. Not too bad and I was able to go on a 5 game win streak with him.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Lol at price of Hunter chemistry prices. People love the air game

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I had a 4-3-3 but no one was in the right position. I switched same exact team over to a 4-1-2-1-2 and I score 3-4 goals per game without conceding any. With that formation you can counter quickly leaving those dudes who pressure you all game open for easy goals.

edit: and poo poo like this happening cracks me up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVsyLsc_RX4 Dude's team was way better than mine with inform card and TOTS cards but I guess at the higher divisions people still play like poo poo

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 10, 2014

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I tried to play an Online match of Fifa World and holy poo poo is it laggy. Is there not a way to make the game look like it was made in 2009?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Of course

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/471781468440494081

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Kick off mode is playable for the World Cup update. Lol they couldn't be bothered to take Donovan out of the USA starting lineup

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Aguero does nothing for my poverty squad. Having to deal with fitness again is annoying with the World Cup mode

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

T Bowl posted:

I've had 4 games in maybe the last 10-12 just randomly disconnect me right at the start of the game after kickoff for a loss. Anyone else been having this happen?

I think since the World Cup update came out there has been a few issues. This happened last night to me.

I had to forfeit season since it wouldn't progress anymore. I could play another game against random teams but it never ended the season. I wanted those coins for a World Cup pack :( And it dropped me to Div 5 in single player. I LOVE playing at Legendary difficulty :/

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

hopterque posted:

Why are you playing single player seasons in the first place jesus christ.

For the coins. Is that really hard to figure out? Plus it helped my defense get better for Online Seasons. Just breathe a bit dude, it will be alright

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

hopterque posted:

He's playing the horrible trading card game, but doing it single player.

Can you imagine it.

He's doing the same thing but making it more boring and repetitive.

It makes me pretty uncomfortable that someone would do that.

Yes I play both modes. I am sorry

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Here is new preorder info for Fifa 15
http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-u...s=1402343629830

Messi for 5 games.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Yes it's auto buyers. They corner the market on a certain player and raise up price. I just bought a position card and the first 5 pages are all listed at minimum 1200, once you scroll past you find the 150 starting bids. It's annoying as gently caress but people love making their video game money

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

So, I just beat a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Silva, Alba, Alves and Casillas. I'm scared to think about how much money that person spent to get those cards in the WC UT where you can only open packs at $3 a pop.

I thought we played the same guy but instead of Messi he had Mueller oh and he subbed in Neymar at the end. Easiest 4-0 win ever. I too wonder how many packs they opened since the highest rated player I got in WC mode so far gas been Hazard. And that's after 40 packs or so

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Lol some of you dudes have like 4 pages of posting saying how bad this game is. Fifa must be like an abusive boyfriend you can't leave.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I can't imagine how bad the pc market is in FUT

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I simply stopped playing this poo poo game over a month ago. Now I feel like a mature adult person.

This was from back Jan. Why do you keep posting in the thread. Dude.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah ok but what was that ban for?

Lol at your posting. You have other threads in games where people are calling you out for being a sperglord. What the gently caress man

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I hope the surprises for Ultimate team aren't using the Fifa World Beta version. Players have Morale which I haven't cared enough about to understand and also Formation cards. So you have Formation, Country, Club and League that affect chemistry. One thing I do hope they use is cheap Contract packs. You can buy a pack of 4 contract cards for 400 coins or something like that. However you can only have 50 consumables in your club at one time

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Yeah that tourney is bugged since I just won the Final and didn't get the win. Says I need to play the Final again

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I was the same way until I understood the fitness squad concept. You really need to make a secondary squad asap. Contracts became a non issue with all the free packs they gave out awhile back but at the beginning it did suck. However I did waste a lot of coins on fitness cards at the beginning. So dumb of me

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

If someone is doing the sprint to corner in cross I just tie it and proceed to pass in my backfield the rest of match. It's not hard and for added fun you can get them to rage so you just lob a through ball to opposite end and hit a winger on the run. Then cross with that winger and watch the entire replay of your easy goal

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I am really digging Jesus Navas at Right Midfielder. Dude can run circles around the defense as long as he doesn't get touched and his shot ain't bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KH_DGEiljY

It's amazing how better I do if I don't lose my cool. I felt rage coming on when I was playing a dude just crossing from the corner and my Keeper just standing still as the headers came through. But since the dude was poo poo I came back and won 5-2. Dude stopped playing in the 60th minute so I just dribbled between my defense for the rest of the match. Feels good man

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Anybody got any tips for dribbling/tackling/defence I am dog poo poo at both

(ie: all aspects of the game)

As the other dude posted being patient is key. You don't want to attempt a tackle and leave the dude space to just easily run to your goal. Other than that you should be switching players a lot to make sure everyone is in position. A lot of times I will switch to a player not to go make a tackle but to put him in position to stop any runs. At that point you can call for another teammate to apply pressure, RB on the xbox. For example if your opponent is just passing to a winger all game just cover that winger before he passes and call for a teammate to pressure the ball. Also make sure you loving clear the ball down in the box. Don't attempt any type of first touch with your defenders, they will often lose the ball and give up an easy shot. So clear with the B button.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

hopterque posted:

This unironically owns a lot.

15 gonna own y'all, the Futhead guys say it plays a lot more like 13 in terms of how the players move, but you can be way more physical and effective on defense so you don't just get clowned on by the more agile player control.

I saw that video. I don't know if that's a good thing since Fifa 14 on xbox one and ps4 feels drat good. And I get bullied off the ball all day in 14 without fouls being called.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I signed up for EA Access and traded in my game online to Walmart for $24. You don't have to download it since it's already installed on your xbox. Works out nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

So I guess there won't be any goon run pro clubs for the xbox one? I'm probably only one that plays it on there

• Locked thread