Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I may end up on PC this year cause I can't be bothered to pay for Live again.

Gonna get my 5'7 girl CB back in the pro circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mynameisjohn posted:

it doesnt make sense to increase their physical stats, though. they should just make less mistakes and be more composed and do the more human thing. Regardless of the difficulty Lucas Moura should be faster than *insert poo poo MLS centerback*

The AI can't tell what a 'mistake' is. It's dumb as a box of rocks i.e. about as smart as jozy altidore.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The UT demo was trash but the normal game is okay. Players seem to dance around within their 2 yard circle and turn into trouble randomly.

Dembele owns though and I got little Tommy Carroll to score a blinding header.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You should be able to mix them. Start with a bit of calm down, then break into the chicken dance.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Might just go 360 again. Can't be arsed to deal with that nerd poo poo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seltzer posted:

I don't play on pc, because I have a console and the controls are better

The controls are exactly the same as on the 360

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku get in.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can I play for Wales in career this year? Or is it the same old poo poo where our national team doesn't exist?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm ready to go

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

drbesty posted:

Trading is a lot harder this year but I've found a few players who are turning me a decent profit, I've made about 15k so far and I've already built a half decent BPL team.

It's harder because the only people doing it are people with the web app. No one's playing, and there's not the normal influx of cards.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Filthee Fingas posted:

I hate how EA is putting blocks on all cross-platform so even with the early access pass, if I get it for 360, it won't carry over to PS4 (It will carry over if I were to get a Xbone).

It's probably more to do with licensing agreements and infrastructure stuff than any deliberate malice on their part.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

drbesty posted:

I got Suarez and Eto'o in my free gold pack, kept Suarez sold Eto'o, bought the rest of the team with the funds

Nah, sorry, don't believe you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'll have a piece of that when I eventually get the game

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
loving hell I just blacked out for a second and now this is downloading. What is wrong with me?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Corners are way too easy to score with.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Don't adjust the aim, power it to two bars, press header then fumble with the controls trying to get the right celebration.

Canas and Michu look like mutants.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Reek posted:

crossing the ball in general, very easy in this one

I've played two games of UT and one of my cbs has 4 goals. Managed to hit the bar once, otherwise 1:1 corners to goals ratio.

Massimo Donati's only 6'2 as well.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Played my first drop in game, and was the only person to play a backwards pass. If it's not a first time through ball it's not worth playing it seems.

Feels like it's gonna be harder to play midget CB this year. You don't have the insane pace advantage you used to get, and strength feels more important.

Ratings have been fixed, too. A clean sheet, decent passing % and a couple interceptions/headers used to be an easy 8.0.

6.7 :(

edit: Also my old game face seems to be gone what gives?

sassassin fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 22, 2013

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Is the lofted through-ball less effective in this game (please say yes)

My strikers seem to be retarded enough to stop in the middle of most decent runs, so yeah maybe slightly less effective.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

Yeah. The ref seems to not give a gently caress inless you tackle from behind.

I've already been booked for some cynical poo poo in pro

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kcer posted:

Clubs is usually more fun so I'll wait proper judgement until we get the normal members on. That said, I've created the 360 team--it's name is Mates. If you're EU and want in just post your GT here and apply in game and I'll approve it.

Doing this, already annoyed at only playing with wannabe Messis

edit: GT Sunday Assassin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AVBrafaDiMatteo posted:

I love that even last night, after less than 24 hours of the game being available via early access, I'm playing 99 chemistry all-gold FUT teams.

The web app's been available for ages.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lolsonic posted:

Take this with a grain of salt

I think Dribbling and Ball Control stats are crucial this year

Acceleration over Pace

Strength and Standing Tackle for Defenders

And of course Jumping and Heading in order to guard against the much easier corner goals

From my limited experience of half a dozen games of pro and the same in UT (earned 12k match coins already thanks to bonuses), acceleration is definitely more important, you can see it happening and it does make a difference.

Strength yeah. Standing tackle no, get timing and position right and anyone will tackle anyone.

Jumping and heading doesn't matter at all. They're/You're gonna score no matter what you do. Invest in a huge goalie or something instead.

Dribbling and ball control only matter if you try to take people on. Pass them to death instead, off the ball movement is pretty good except for centre forwards.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone else unable to load a saved career? It just boots me to the new career selection whichever save I select.

Bit annoying/

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ragle posted:

Corners/heading aren't any more effective for me than Fifa 13. Crossing is not more accurate, winning aerial duels isn't any easier, putting the header on target hasn't changed. Maybe people are grinding single-player for easy UT coins, and also find it less easy to create non-crossing scoring chances, leading them to think crossing is easier than in Fifa 13

Or maybe it's easier.

Yeah, that's it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Taff posted:

I dont play Ultimate Team and its not the whole thing theyve developed. The co-op seasons and clubs both are pretty fun. I also played a load of career mode on saturday with a mate, its developed to be a lot harder since you have to scout. It was hard to get used to but I enjoyed it

Don't you just sign the players you know are good though?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

So yeah, I think Bayern and Dortmund are the two most overpowered, hilarious teams in the game the way it plays right now (in Seasons, of course). Both have insanely good, pacey left and right midfielders and relatively tall, powerful forwards (especially Bayern with Mandzukic) to head everything in. Combined with the big strong defenders and you have a team that can fire in headers like nothing but also defend them pretty reliably. Bundesliga Supremecy.

Poor man's Swansea, mate.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

The only thing that pisses me off is when a man is marked in my box and doesnt fuckin jump. Im mashing B and A and he just stares at it, and the Marked man behind him heads it into the net.

This has happened a few times now.

Stop mashing the pad with your big old clown fists maybe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

It seems like the quality of the videos gets worse every year, but here's a sweet shot with Thomas Müller.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/PC/hopterque/2014/video/171852076

e: Also I found out the hard way that the 5 minute game clock window to leave a game without getting a loss isn't there anymore, which is nice for those times when you score right away and a guy leaves, but sucks for those times when you match up against someone super laggy and want to leave.

Or in pro clubs when both teams end up playing in white.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bought a pack and got Clichy. Sell now or wait till the weekend?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sold Clichy for 13k, doubled my money on the pack all told.

Best part of the game imho

edit: Next pack was predictably shite.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 24, 2013

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Anyone have a lead on a good gimmicky backup squad?

Silver anything. Don't spend more than 150 per player.

Good excuse if you lose, poo poo eating grin if you win.

Danish silver has a good Ajax core if you're willing to spend, though. Fischer/Schone/Poulsen would probably hybrid into anything with loyalty.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
After another hour of drop in pro I gotta say I have a huge amount of respect for everyone I played with.

I get really self conscious if I gently caress up and lose possession more than once, but these guys will try and fail to dribble through the entire opposing team over and over. Their heads never go down, they just keep on trucking no matter how often they get dispossessed by static cpu defenders. They'll keep demanding the ball, almost non-stop for the full 90. It's awe inspiring stuff, especially since I'm fairly sure none of them have actually watched a real game of football in their lives.

That said I did have someone pip me to my favoured LCB position. Twice. And he was pretty good, too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

Most people in pro clubs are just launching themselves at you as fast as they can. Be patient, make turns without using shoulder buttons, and use L2 to shield the ball.

Pass the ball back the way it came so they get sent off when they slide you. If you're in acres of space, then turn.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Noted not-cool guy me has also played a couple mates games. What times are you chaps usually on?

I may end up with a PC copy as well for *reasons* so watch this space!!!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raffles posted:

I preordered from Amazon today. Why am I so weak?

I've never really got involved in UT much before, it always seemed a bit of a grind, but I fancy giving it a proper go this year.

Anyone have any tips for starting off and building a good team pretty quickly?

Play a lot of games for coins, buy cheap players, don't buy packs or inform cards.

Rotate your first team and bench so you never have to buy fitness cards. Chemistry cards are a scam.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Also, since Soulex asked, my Serie A squad:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=djp6ARPabdlu:360

-Muriel is even better than last year
-Armero and Hernanes are both amazing
-De Rossi isn't as good as last year (players with under 70 pace in general seem super slow)
-I haven't tried Vidal out yet. Bought him this morning. I was using Guarin before. He's alright

Get Candreva for RM

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seltzer posted:

Why do you say that. It is too early to tell unless you've purchased multiple chem cards and performed rigorous tests on them. Morale certainly made players play better and this is supposed to be the replacement.

They just change the distribution of bonuses and go for thousands of coins. A player with Hawk isn't overall better than one with Basic. It's all an expensive waste of time.

Just buy a better player with your coins.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seltzer posted:

Well if you don't have a better player for a role, why not? I'd rather have my defender who is staying on the team have +3 heading and defending then an even 1 point spread. They aren't outrageously priced at the moment and will go down this weekend and during other events. Also the "unpopular" cards are cheap. I Picked up the +3 shot +3 def for my CM with 80 shot and 70 defense for 600 coins. He already has great tackling and a nasty longshot so why not boost them.

As you say, he already has great tackling and longshot, and you're lowering the player's pace, ball control etc. for the privilege of raising them further.

I put an architect card I drew on one of my CBs (passing & heading) because I like crossfield balls, but to be honest it makes no difference to how he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Akileese posted:

I think we're at the point where, at best, we'd have BARELY enough to field a full XI should we get everyone online. If we had around 30 or 40 active PC players, I think we could do it.

Isn't it 5v5 this year? Or is that just drop in?

• Locked thread