Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

NinjaSteve posted:

through balls have always been overpowered because the game relies so much on pace, could you speculate on what base rating Altidore is likely to get?

69 I would think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ok so I took the plunge and ordered from Tesco. Here's the thing though, they're estimating delivery for Saturday, a day after the game's release. What's that all about?

Tesco are rubbish, unless you specifically need to have it sent to you just go and get it from a shop on Friday, the supermarkets quite often have offers where you get the game at a discount if you buy x amount of shopping.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Thirteenth Step posted:

Anyone order from Tesco? Did you get yours today if yes? Wanna play tonight.

I'm going to get it after work tomorrow and want to play it most of the evening because I'm a wasteman. Let us play h2h then.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

vaginal culture posted:

I'm not a big visual person but they have also made the graphics worse, the grass looks like plastic and the players also look like plastic. I dont work in computers or read Games so im not sure what theyve done to it, but it seems as if they just put new rosters in a 5 year old game.

my uncle works for nintendo and he got me a playstation 5 and the grass looks so realistic

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

hopterque posted:

poo poo, whatever are the rest of us going to do???

why are you having a meltdown because some people don't like the same thing as you?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
I got fifa to play with friends in the same room so if they do something cheap you can punch them in the arm because bideo games make you agressive

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hegav posted:

Whats the difference between the demo and the real game, in terms of how matches play out

In the full game when you win you get a message from a 12 year old calling you a retard

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Reek posted:

so many bad players who are "NOT GOING TO BUY THIS GAME" keep clicking this thread lol

agreed the fifa thread for discussion of fifa should be a safe space where people who like the game do not have to suffer the indignity of reading the opinion of someone who has a differing opinion

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hegav posted:

So I was watching a video from one of the big FIFA youtubers (AA9skillz) and in the video he talked about how he didn't like FUT 13 because it was more realistic and harder to score while he loves FIFA 14 because it's way more arcade-like and the goalkeepers are apparently poo poo while finesse shot is overpowered.

This seems to contradict a few posters in here?

The finesse feels like the first year it came in when the keepers just completely failed to react to the movement of the ball

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hegav posted:

Yeah I caved in as well and I can honestly say I wish I didn't. The game feels very weird and it's real easy to win matches. Fifa 13 felt way more fluid, it's like your players are running around in clown shoes. Also finesse shot is so ridiculously overpowered.

I think they'll end up tweaking it back a bit like they did last time, as it stands it's pretty much ridiculous to be almost guaranteed a goal if you end up coming in at a 45 degree angle and there's not a defender ready to block the effort straight away.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah I think my problem is I was trying to play defense like basketball; just cover the guy nonstop. Thanks for the tips. Now to figure out how to string a offense together. :suicide:

Keep us updated pisshead, cheers

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Thirteenth Step posted:

I've never played UT and I'm about to redeem my 4 free "gold packs" whatever that means

I'm doing this right now i hope i don't get a bunch of guys i have never heard of

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Pleads posted:

Whoever approved this Silver level skill challenge where you have to lob balls into groups of garbage bins is worse than Hitler.

That one is not too bad, you need to do that scooped lobbed pass to give the ball a chance to bounce in and also hit it into the front buckets to boost the multiplier.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Soulex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiDBzCcXyE

New episode is up! It's a Ligue 1/Liga Portuguesa team.

Disclaimer: I need some help with my export settings. I've been working a lot trying to get the aspect ratios right, but it always seems to get some black bars, and that's what is taking so long. So if anyone with premeiere knowledge could help me on that, that would be swell.

Currently gathering footage for the Discard value squad, and am finishing up going through with the Bundesliga run.

Use H264 for your codec. What resolution is your source footage at?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Pleads posted:

That was fun, PS4 Parmos people. Then someone started a download and killed my lovely internet during that second game. Sorry I sucked, I'm mostly a hockey guy.

watch loads of football and learn about football instead of learning fifa because loads of people who play pro clubs especially do about 3 fifa things and that's all they do because they don't understand football TIME TO SPRINT DOWN THE WING!!!!!!!!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Smiley Face posted:

It's your opportunity to field the team you think your manager should be fielding, a chance to experiment with formations before you post them in code tags in the monthly PL threads

that's what ultimate team is for, bringing messi back home to Liverpool where he sits on the sub bench because the current liverpool team is better than him

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Good thing I never bought this game, despite the encouragement of some shady people in this thread who seem to thrive on getting people hooked on a money wasting card game. I wonder why these people don't just go play Pokemon or some other child's game.

they smashed up their gameboys because squirtle was cheating

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why is everyone so mad about UT do they not understand it is an additional game mode to all the other game modes that are still there

Are people that dumb

Yeah all the people who dont play ut dont understand that, thank god you are here to educate us

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just don't get how you could be upset by a game mode nobody is making you play

How can you go "This game is poo poo now because of an optional game mode"

I've read some of the posts and the consensus seems to be that it seems like ea is focused more on ut because it makes them more money than the rest of the game which might be slightly frustrating if you are not part of the target demographic.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Well as long as they aren't improving the interface to the spergy card game that's ok and I imagine that the people who don't like UT will now like it, congrats thread, we did it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

ragle posted:

The most popular game mode (UT) of the most popular sports video game in the world (FIFA) isn't spergy. It's a dumb meme.

You are right, there's probably another reason why all the games forum posters who have no interest in football get into it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

ragle posted:

I wouldn't know anything about which posters also are in Games and I've not come to a conclusion their interest in football. Sounds spergy. Perhaps the people you have in mind play UT because it is the most popular mode and is enjoyed by several million non-spergs every year.

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Smiley Face posted:

It's whoever ElRobak is idk

me you retard, also I was Millwall and my players didn't have connected legs?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

vaginal culture posted:

If you push R1, X, and rotate the left stick your player will do the quenelle after scoring.

This is bullshit, you hold r2 and draw a swastika with the right stick

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Seltzer posted:

I don't even know what move assist means. I have all my settings standard. I haven't messed with a camera, made a setpiece, or done one skill move either this entire FIFA (besides body feints) yet I'm in Div 2 right now. I feel like if I hosed with a few things I'd be winning a lot more games. I really just flat out don't care about skill moves though since aside from the roulette and scoop turn I've never had anyone use a skill move that was effective against me. Anyways, I remade my RPL pace squad from last year despite every player either getting downgraded or leaving (Alves is gone, Eto'o gone. Everyone lost stats except Honda but his weakfoot got nerfed and it sucks now). It is still stupidly good and I replaced Eto'o with the super downgraded Welliton. Welliton is still really good and the only real difference you'll notice is slightly worse first touches and no headers (he used to score more than he should have last year). I used an RPL squad at the beginning of he year and didn't like it, but the formation was garbage (4231) so I gave up on the RPL too quickly, the new formation is much better (41212).

Move assist means if you switch to a player who is already moving how long will they continue moving in that direction before you take control

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

TheBigAristotle posted:

FIFA's weirdest glitches

Here's the one Kotaku had in the post

1:09 wtf

I'm not sure it's a weird glitch when most of them are edited PC copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Big Taff Man posted:

So who is getting Fifa on PS4 and is european? I want to get ready for the meltdowns

My psn name is The-Big-Taff-Man

drat these meltdowns are off the chain!!!!

Also yes I will be purchasing fifa however I refuse to play with the dire american pro clubs people who have never seen a game of football IRL

• Locked thread