Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I must be missing something really simple, is there no way to save and upload Instant Replay replays on the PS4? I'm used to the replay controls from 360 NHL versions and this is near identical except I can't figure out how to save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Whoever approved this Silver level skill challenge where you have to lob balls into groups of garbage bins is worse than Hitler.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stefan Prodan posted:

Speaking of active clubs anyone wanna play parmos on PS4 tonight

I will play. I just figured out how to join Parmos. I sent a transfer request from Pleads32.

I normally play the NHL franchise so I consider myself a big-hitting... defensive back? mid fielder? I have no concept of positioning and a vague concept of through balls.

I haven't gotten yellow carded yet. I play a clean, physical game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That was fun, PS4 Parmos people. Then someone started a download and killed my lovely internet during that second game. Sorry I sucked, I'm mostly a hockey guy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

angered paedophile posted:

watch loads of football and learn about football instead of learning fifa because loads of people who play pro clubs especially do about 3 fifa things and that's all they do because they don't understand football TIME TO SPRINT DOWN THE WING!!!!!!!!
I don't really... like... soccer all that much. FIFA is hitting my sports itch until NHL comes out (or MLB I guess, maybe) but there's no chance I sit down and watch a soccer game except for some of the World Cup stuff.

You are correct in that throughballmania is not what I thought I did know of the sport (which pretty much boiled down to watching that Real Madrid[I think] video talking about passing triangles) but it's kind of fun in its own way in small doses. Definitely faster paced than my single player games now that I've moved up to Pro difficulty :shobon:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

runoverbobby posted:

There are a couple of things you can do. (1) Whilst holding sprint, press the skill stick in the direction you want to run to 'knock-on' the ball forward. (2) You can intentionally let a defender catch you from behind but "shield the ball" from them and watch them bounce off you. If you're running and a defender is catching up, release the left stick and press "shield the ball" (LT on Xbox, something else on PS). Often the defender will bounce off you and stumble; the moment this happens, sprint away into space.
This is a cool tip and I just drew a free kick where normally I would turn the ball over without a fight

A++ would read again

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I started a Be a Manager career and have pretty much no idea what I'm doing. I picked Man U so that I would have a good team as a foundation because I know I will be useless. Mostly I just pass around a lot and occasionally get a lucky blast from Rooney's cannon leg to keep me winning.

The scouting and transfer and squad stuff seems ultra-deep and makes me wish they would do the same for NHL, a sport I actually know. FIFA just seems to assume you know the foundations of things like formations and roles and whatnot :ohdear: I've tried finding online resources but they all either assume some knowledge of the sport or are pretty lengthy and sometimes spergy.

What would be a good formation if I like to play offensive possession games (vs a counter-attack or rush offense)? I usually pass around a lot until I can worm an open wing or find some space at the top of the box. My defenders can hang out back with my goalie for all I care (almost preferable to stop the inevitable counter when I lose position, but I think that's a separate setting from formation).

Also goddamn I am sick of watching my AI let passes go by that they could have easily stopped with a step or two :argh:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I spent about an hour last night trying to create a decent FUT team but between random Transfer List crashes and my complete lack of knowledge of how to build a team I quit and went back to career mode. That poo poo is intimidating to new players.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

After losing a few FUT Seasons games I got drunk fed up and just started cracking shots as often as I could, which is apparently a good strategy as I started winning games. That is my newbie tip: shoot the ball. The net is gargantuan and the goalies can only reach so much of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2hKWOs8xE

:allears: I actually meant to do this one, too, which makes it even better.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

So it sounds like a second squad in FUT is better than trying to scrounge up fitness cards all the time to keep players going, or is that mostly just for the hardcore guys?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

hopterque posted:

Why would you want to only have one squad to begin with?
I had enough trouble collecting the cards for one, let alone somehow managing two :(

Then EA ate my free gold pack last night after I completed the Manager Tasks so I have to wait like 2 days for their support to get back to me. That would have helped with my options.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Filthee Fingas posted:

Just log into the web app (easiest way I found) and keep going until you find the contract cards just under the 1hr remaining window and go wild.
This is cool and I'm picking up a bunch of cheap contracts while at work, thanks :)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy hell, good work.

Also, get a life, loser!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I mostly suck at this game, but I was playing FUT single player in the season warm-up tournament. Pull out a win vs Man U, get to the quarter-final vs Real Madrid.

Go down 2-0 in the first half, but score one before the 60-minute mark. Press and press. Into second half injury time, probably 1:45 into 2 mins added, I block a clear in the box and inbound the ball from the back touch line inches before it goes out. Forward runs onto it and pumps it into the net to tie it. Whistle blows immediately after kick-off.

Extra time, Ronaldo does a lame high-OVR player thing and burns my D and rolls in a crappy goal. Go on the offensive, hit a crossbar in the 105th minute. Into added time, win a header into the box and then manage to bang home an ugly equalizer. Whistle blows immediately after kick-off.

Penalties. I score every single one, which is unheard of for my dumb rear end. The computer hits the post once, and I fart out a fluke save to seal it. I am ecstatic. I lost my poo poo on each equalizer during the game and lose it again beating these smug fucks with my merry band of retards. It is the most epic game of soccer in the history of mankind. This somehow trumps GER 7-1 BRA.

Game ends, back to the loading screen for the tourny main page. And loading. And loading. "Lost connection to EA servers, returning to main page."

Play Next Game: Tournament Quarter Final vs Real Madrid

:negative:
i expect this from nhl, but not fifa. fifa you're better than this

e: I beat them 3-1 in the rematch and it was cathartic as all hell.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 26, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Man, I saw that MLS Cup thing and thought I'd try building a team to take a shot at the SP tourny. But I only have like 6k coins, and these lovely MLS players jump from 150 to 800+ in the final minutes of bidding. It's going to take me a week to even put together a low-tier MLS team at this rate :psyduck:

How does the two-squad thing work, you have all of squad 2 as your subs/bench on squad 1, and all of your squad 1 as subs/bench for squad 2, and their fitness resets each traded game?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I mostly play career so if you're doing that, my tip is don't be afraid to call for a shot or pass from teammates because the AI will dribble themselves straight into 3 defenders if you let them.

Not sprinting all the time on offense is something I am slowly learning. I rely on it because I suck at the face-up dribbling.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

hopterque posted:

Well Gentlemen, the game is officially entering the long and painful death process on old gen consoles.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-features-info-ps3-and-360
This is funny because it is the exact opposite for the NHL franchise.

EA Sports: gently caress at least half of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What's the cheatiest way to get the season trophies and the world class match challenge trophy because they are exceedingly tedious and lovely and the only things between me and plat.

• Locked thread