Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

kcer posted:

Me and (probably) 6 other UK people from here will be making one again. We stopped playing Parmos a version and a half ago due to how crowded it sometimes got and, like you say, lag when more Americans would play.

Any Euros are free to join if they want. There'll probably be a rush but it always thins out to the same 4-6 players after a month or two anyway.

edit: I think you're PS3, we're 360 :(

Euros means people born in Europe, not living there right????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hardflip posted:

yeah there's quite a bit of delay with the americans...

Yes ther is. They also have issues with the connection.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Played a bit of clubs with Kcer. Bit clunky at first but we got into it

Enjoyed this one to be honest

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/TaffMaster/2014/video/171689452

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

supersteve posted:

Are there any discounts offered for someone who buys it on 360 and then also purchases the xbox one?

(highly doubtful lol)

Yep.

You get it for $10 I believe at amazon

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

serious gaylord posted:

So what you're saying is I should ignore the thing thats designed to make me want to buy a £45 game because its really bad, and instead buy a £45 game that I already know is really bad to see that, yes, its really bad?

I skipped Fifa 13 as the demo was again awful and full of all the problems they've had since 2010, namely the idiotic AI and I read again that Fifa 14 has all of the same problems with defender AI, added in this new 'bug' where all you need to do is get a corner to score and put it into the middle of the box.

I dont care about the card game and the fact they seem to have spent even more of their limited development time on it makes me worry even more about the quality of the game again being severely lacking. Now that Pro Evo has died Fifa has gotten lazier and lazier.

The demo was bad and I doubt the game will be any better.

I think the games pretty great. kcer doesnt like it tho, so its swings and roundabouts

Headers arent overpowered, you dont score with every cross. Its a lot better than 13 where you never scored crosses.

I dont play Ultimate Team and its not the whole thing theyve developed. The co-op seasons and clubs both are pretty fun. I also played a load of career mode on saturday with a mate, its developed to be a lot harder since you have to scout. It was hard to get used to but I enjoyed it

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Fowl posted:

When is Taff going to be my horrible Co Op Seasons partner?

Never

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Noted not-cool guy me has also played a couple mates games. What times are you chaps usually on?

after you went offline that night we went on a crazy winning streak. Honestly preferred having you in tho.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

Sell now. The market is evening out since people can buy packs now.

How many have you bought?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Crackin Mates games tonight. Five good lads on a winning streak and me up way past me bedtime.

Really need to grind my pro up a few points.

You need to get a mic too.

Chips are satisfying as hell on this game. Have scored a couple (kcer scored a couple +1) of really nice ones in this game

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Drenched posted:

Joined Pro Seasons on Xbox 360.

"Mates" was the club to join wasn't it? I'm based in the UK (Liverpool).

GT is Tully0905 player name is Tullinho and I'm currently playing as a CAM if you need me to change though no worries, I'm on a few times a week!

Accepted. We just play wherever

Soulex posted:

I actually havent spent any real money on this game yet for two reasons. No need to right now as I have 4 great squads. Also I have 4 great squads and for the first time I am making some type of money on the AH.

no chance is this true.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

I don't even have a copy of the game yet thanks to military postal systems.

You're on my friends list, check the trade profit.

buy packs with real money + sell players from packs = have large trade profit

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

I don't know what any of this means.

I can help, what do you need help with

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Akileese posted:

Manual keepers are a necessity for Parmos. We lost our first match due to it and it also played a part in our victory in the quarterfinals. We scored a goal from like, 48 yards out because the keeper basically didn't move at all. PC Parmos is pretty solid though! For a group of folks who only played 3 matches together we're 2-1 so far!

You can select to make sure the keeper matches yours when searching for a match

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vaginal culture posted:

I think I will be giving my 100,000 coins to Soulex as long as he promises not to spend it on Albanians. And i will go back to wrecking shop at fifa 13 the superior game

Feel like youve let your best mate, Taff, down here.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vaginal culture posted:

I have given you loads of coins in the past and received nothing but cyberbullying in return

I thoughts that was what you were paying for?

Be sure I always defend you when people slate your fifa skills. "Ive played him, hes pretty good" is what I say

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Seltzer posted:

Has anyone played PES? I'm not gonna buy it, but I don't get why they suck so much when there opposition is fifa. Also to the guy a couple posts above 14 is worse, its not just an adjustment phase, I've played it quite a bit by now. Also all the bitching about pace and trough balls in 13 is kind of stupid because A- once you get defending down you can read and stop most of those runs easily and B- Slow players were fine (on offense) too if you could pass. I used Fred, Kroos, Cardozo, IF Toni etc. It wasn't that hard.

Post your Fifa 13 record

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Fowl posted:

I have a 24 gold packs code for xbox if anyone wants to Paypal me a bit of cash for it?

This isnt the goon spirit T-fowl. Imo you should give it to your favourite poster, unless your favourite poster is Soulex

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vaginal culture posted:

Are you playing UT this year? Lets see your team

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I love this version op!!!!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

greazeball posted:

Thanks for the add, kcer :cheers:

Anyone up for some Mates games this fine evening?

Yeah Im on now.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

Pro clubs still has it's idiots

We call them Iain and Scikar

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Anyone know whats up with the Fifa Credits thing on the website?

http://www.easports.com/fifa/fan-rewards

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

RCarr posted:

Yesterday, I watched a friend spend $100 on FIFA points, buy all 5 Happy Hour packs, then buy about 90 premium gold packs, and the best players he got were Remy and Vidal. One.hundred.dollars.

Youre friends with Soulex?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
You guys heard they announced a world cup edition right? Just for the next gen

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
To contour all the negative comments I still find Fifa 14 fun

I never found heading overpowered, because it was so underpowered in previous versions. Playing in 13 people in our club used to never cross from the wings because you just would so rarely score, it was better to cut inside.

The first touch can be annoying, but its just as bad for the person youre playing.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
gently caress playing with people because of their stats, I play with players I like over players that are good.

My main team is a Prem team, but I got Forlan in a pack so I started rotating him in. I also got to 7.5k last night and thought gently caress it and got a pack and got Pepe who only goes for about a grand, so I might start using him.

No idea how everyone in this thread has such epic teams, either you play a lot more or theres some massive spending on Fifa points going on.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Because theres no issue with lobbed balls or headers

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

Glad to see my video got a positive response. I was thinking the opposite would happen to be honest. I will definitely keep making more.

If it helps I watched a bit of it and thought it was dumb, plus youre using your stupid Radio voice rather than your normal talking voice.

9200 is not a budget squad to me. That takes around 15 games to get (assuming 400 coins a game plus some additional prizes if you win a league or cup).

Then again I think these kind of videos are dumb as hell, players can play differently based on chemistry and form, just because you like a player doesnt mean I'll enjoy him in the same team.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Its not trolling if you mean it. The only Fifa videos Ive ever watched on youtube are the ones that show the skill moves, or when one from KSI thats funny gets linked in the thread

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Smiley Face posted:

I don't think you are Soulex's target market then Taff

I said that in my original review

Record your next video while drunk Soulex so people know what I have had to suffer

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Decided to play a quick game at half time in the city match, come up against a guy with Benteke and Sturridge upfront, which is the first time Ive seen it. He also had a inform Sakho in defence. He went 1-0 up from a corner, but otherwise he was poo poo, beat him 2-1 then he messages me saying hes reporting me, I messaged back asking why and hes saying Im a lag switcher and speed exploiter

For the record this is my team - http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=fmYCCJYYblgi:360

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
3-4-3 is the best formation in the game - and weirdly for how overpowered you say headers are I dont score many with a 3-4-3, it just gives me much better attacking options

you dont need full backs, theyre a waste and none of them are any good anyway.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Babby Thatcher posted:

the you suck rear end in a top hat police have now reached videogames ffs

the best part of this feature isnt the swearing, its when your camera changes because of background noise

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive been playing a bunch of ultimate team because no one is on clubs, I managed to get Nani, Coutinho and Eto in 2 packs last night

Pretty happy with my squad now

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=fmYCCJYYblgi:360

Might sell Eto and save to buy Rooney or Suarez

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
What division is everyone in? I only have Soulex on my friends list who plays UT, and I have a suspicion he plays more cups and single player than the seasons as hes got less points and trophys than me.

Im in division 5 I think and have won the league everytime so far.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Now vaginal culture retired I'm officially the best fifa player on the forum, so just send a request to my gamertag TaffMaster and I'll give you a game

Is there a way to see someones record online?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Im in Division 4 now and still not come up against a all crossing team

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Can someone who is actually good at the game and has played the new one thoroughly tell me how much different PS4/XBONE 14 actually is to the abortion that was the PS3/360 version

I played on the Xbox One version and it seemed smoother but I dont have any issue with the way it plays on 360 anyway

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

AVBrafaDiMatteo posted:

Unless you don't believe that I'm good, at the very least I've played every year since 08 with at least a few hundred games a year (if not more) and it's exactly that. the 360 14 was probably the worst year to year update ever...on a scale of 1-10, I'd give the 360 version a 4 and the PS4 a 9.5. Assume the Xbone is the same, just with a different controller.

It's seriously amazing.

Based on your fifa post history I'd definitely not believe you were any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

To be fair, this is your stance with everyone.

Also is mates back now that you are playing? I moved to LW and I love it.

No its not my stance with everyone.

Kcers one of if not the best player Ive ever played online with, Iains a fustrating but decent player, Scikars a decent striker when he isnt complaining about something, Bonnet, well he tries hard, Hardflips great when hes not in a bossy mood, Rizzo is one of the most fun players to play with, Cadmaniak is quality, and what can I say about Stotty - hes the most naturally gifted fifa players Ive ever seen in defence

Ive never stopped playing but there hasnt been clubs in ages

• Locked thread