Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Wow, I'm really liking The Originals, like even more than TVD at the moment. While the title (The Originals) is kind of stupid and I always hated Klaus in TVD because he was such a petulant child with Superman powers, they seemed to have effectively powered him down a bit since he's being forced to use his head now. I'm a sucker for scheming and plans within plans which TVD used to have a lot more of. And the writing, direction, and music seemed really good this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I had to laugh at the use of the soap opera classic memory loss plot twist. Also agree that Bonnie and Jeremy are boring. Interesting, I just realized we had no Caroline this episode either.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Damiya posted:

I like the show, but damned if I can guess where they're going to go from here.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what comes next.

I actually think the writers have a rare opportunity here to tell a more ponderous dramatic story. Instead of the typical "protagonist struggles against antagonist" story we have Klaus who is a former antagonist himself and who is in many ways actually his own antagonist in his own story.

I kind of like the fact that Marcel never presented a real threat and that Klaus' real struggle is against his own inner demons and inability to form any kind of healthy or complex relationships with others, including his own family. It's kind of the perfect answer to "how do you create an antagonist for a character who's insanely powerful and can't be killed?" Instead of continuously scrambling to try and come up with ridiculous big bads that are ever more powerful to send Klaus up against they can make it a character piece wherein Klaus is his own worst enemy.

I don't know that we'll actually see anything like that beyond what we already have, though. They'll probably just bring in mysteriously absent teen witch to blow the gently caress out of everything.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 28, 2013

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Good episode tonight. Nice to see Cami getting some control back. At this point I'm enjoying The Originals so much more than TVD.

Same here and I really have no interest in The Initiative storyline that's coming up on TVD.

If we're lucky maybe we'll get a Cyborg Killing Machine Damon out of it.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 4, 2013

• Locked thread