Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Aatrek posted:

I am so uninterested in The Originals. I watched the pilot and am just not at all caring about the show. I've only ever liked Rebekah because of her thing with Matt, Klaus is just unbearable (which means I'm glad he's out of the regular TVD cast), and I've never really found Elijah compelling at all.

Pretty much this. Despite my dislike of Klaus, I was willing to give the show a shot based on the pilot last spring and the last few episodes of TVD last season. In the pilot and those last few episodes, it seems like they were going to do some real character development and make for an interesting story. They seemed to be moving on from Klaus being a cardboard cutout of a villain and Rebekah actually being an ok person. Then they said gently caress all that with the first episode of The Originals. Reverting Klaus back to his "gently caress everyone else, I just want power" is a terrible decision. The only thing that made it worse was daggering Elijah. That pretty much guaranteed that any possibility of an interesting story was gone.

Back on the TVD front, Bonnie definitely just needs to go. They did the ghost girlfriend thing with Jeremy already, we shouldn't rehash that. Honestly, the less of the story that takes place in Mystic Falls the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread