Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

My gf makes me watch this show (i-it's not like I would watch it on my own, b-baka!), and it REALLY suffers from not following the 'show don't tell' principle. Every character, it seems, has a premeditated monologue in store about how he or she feels and what a sad tragedy this whole life is. Plus, I'm sick of having characters have phone conversations, it always makes a very dull and boring scene with unimaginative editing. The main problem for me, though, is pacing: the whole plotline of Elena drinking voodoo juice to see her dead beloved, her getting side effects and conveniently having a catharsis by the end of the episode is just too much plot in too little time. We didn't need to see Damon and Bonnie so soon, just let us have first few episodes without them so we could actually relate to the characters when they say they miss them. And Jesus Christ am I tired of parties. All they do, literally all they do in their college is having parties. (Well, that's what they did in school, anyway, so no change there, I guess.)

It makes me sad because I actually admire the screenwriters' ability to weave several unrelated plotlines into one (seemingly) coherent plotline. The wide array of characters is used, some of them even have agenda now and then, and I just wish the creators of this show would try to right their wrongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

hope and vaseline posted:

Besides, we know no one's ever really dead.
Yeah, it's basically Dragonball now.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

KilGrey posted:

I wish the show was just Caroline and Enzo road-tripping and harassing Stephan. Alaric can stay too.
Occasionally, there will also be scenes of Jeremy being a typical couch potato and Matt cleaning his poo poo after him. Laugh track included.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

rainbow kittens posted:

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse to be loved by Alaric...

The worst thing is that nobody, except Alaric, gave a poo poo. Jo may still be not properly buried, for all we know.

• Locked thread