Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens! And now they shan't have pie :(

PriorMarcus posted:

I just rewatched the first Vampire Diaries and as if to illustrate my point about how rubbish Klaus became I noticed that Elena has him as a contact in her phone book.

Bahaha I need to rewatch. Gold.

I keep forgetting that Elena and Katherine are played by the same actress.

I am enjoying Silas. A lot. Just the general "gently caress it all" attitude. Different than Klaus's "gently caress everyone and everything" attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens! And now they shan't have pie :(
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who is enjoying The Originals! When Klaus completely hosed over Marcel's right hand man? Epic. I don't think he plans to kill Marcel? After all, Marcel is like a son to him. Also, they shouldn't kill Marcel. He has reaaally nice abs.

As far as Vampire Diaries goes, I LOVE Quetseya. She's more batshit insane than Katherine, and that's a hard thing to be.

And you know, if she's powerful enough to come back from the Other Side, maybe she can pull some of our favourite characters back from it before she destroys it for good. Namely Alaric and Lexi. And Bonnie, I guess.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

kill your idols posted:

Not a bad episode. Kinda bummed I'm gonna have to deal with Tyler now on The Originals trying to kill Haley and the baby.

Is Tyler confirmed to be appearing on "The Originals"?

quote:

Anyone got any ideas why Katherine didn't die? Did her daughter turn her back into a vampire? :speculate:

If Katherine even had a drop of the cure remaining in her blood, it is also possible that she died, vamp blood turned her into a vampire again, and then the cure turned her back into a human. I think that's what they were getting at with the heart beat you could hear at the end of the episode.

The big reveal about Nadia being Katherine's daughter was one of those WTF!!! plot twist moments. I like it.

rainbow kittens fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 2, 2013

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Cami is what April Young should've been.

April Young was god-awful and out of place. Like a Mary-Sue for all the fan girls. There was never a scene that she was in that she didn't feel out of place. She'd immediately take me out of the show.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Is Silas' knock knock joke too long to be the thread title? Because it was amazing

I wasn't expecting it to be good at all (because when are knock knock jokes EVER good?) ... but then that final line and I laughed so hard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBfBmf63Ixo

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Teek posted:

The Originals just got picked up for a full season. Not too big a surprise.

Yessss.

I'm not sure which show I am enjoying more right now. VD or The Originals. Both have their merits. Both have flaws. But I am truly enjoying The Originals, so bring on a full season!

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

I fully expect the Silas is still around in the Other Side and Bonnie and Matt will have more than enough chance to interact with him in the upcoming episodes.

I wouldn't doubt that Silas will torture Bonnie somehow. After all, he won't get to be with Amara (as she was a human when she died, and all the other versions are doppelgangers, and therefore supernatural, while she is not).

Anyway, since Bonnie is both dead and undead (Schrodinger?!) and still a witch and probably pretty darn powerful, she should start resurrecting the other characters that were offed that don't want to be dead. Specifically, Alaric. Because <3 <3 <3

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

KilGrey posted:

I honestly don't mind this season so much, side from Bonnie. That could also be because last season was so loving horrible. If I have to hear the words 'heightened' or 'the cure!' one more time.

Ditto for "functional vampire". What is that supposed to be anyway? Out of the whole lot of vampires on the show, I think the only "functional" vampires to use as evidence may be Caroline and Lexi.

quote:

In theory, if anyone wanted to be cured, couldn't they all just drink Catherine's blood? Even if they have to completely drain her, it's not like she'll die.

Not quite. Silas sucked the cure from Katherine, so now she's aging much faster than if she still had the cure in her veins. My understanding from that whole storyline (ye gads) is that if you drink the cure, you won't be able to be a vampire again, but you'll live a normal human life. But if someone takes the cure from you... woops. I would expect that had Silas and Amara been around a bit longer, they would be aging at faster rate than Katherine. Anyway, Silas sucked the cure from Katherine, and then from Silas to Amara. No more cure, because Amara died with the cure in her veins.

Am I the only one enjoying the Bonnie storyline? I actually care about what is happening to her. Will she now "live" forever as she is both alive and dead at the same time? Will Bonnie's Bennett witch cousin (from the Masquerade episode in Season 2) come back and help her? Maybe the witches on the Other Side can do some sort of spell for her? Who knows? I want to know!

And despite Katherine quickly approaching her death from old age, I want to see more! A full head of grey hair, dentures, a walker. I want the show to go all out. And then find a way to save her in her last hour, because drat.

-Blackadder- posted:

They'll probably just bring in mysteriously absent teen witch to blow the gently caress out of everything.

Marcel mentioned Davina in the same episode that everyone is complaining about her being absent from. Her magic is getting stronger and more and more unpredictable (and it is not at all controlled), and every time he attempts to remove her from the church, her magic goes postal (perhaps has something to do with all the church boys slaughtered there - or it being closer to the point of no return with the harvest ritual?) Even if Marcel could remove Davina from the church, I'm pretty sure he didn't want her anywhere near the showdown in case she decimated everything and everyone. I also don't think he wants to abuse her power because she is, after all, just a kid, and he did go on his lecture about keeping kids safe.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Shakugan posted:

We at least need an Alaric cameo with a "holy poo poo, what are you guys doing?" message.

I'd be happy with just having a show of Alaric and Damon being awesome and drinking lots.

Ever since Elena turned, she is acting more and more like Damon (and in turn, like Katherine). Sure, she's having more fun (is this how she was before her parents died?), but she is less likeable. I find it interesting how Katherine was attempting to redeem herself a little bit, but no one's taking it from her.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

deety posted:

There's a new Originals episode tomorrow, but Vampire Diaries isn't back until next week. The preview scene of them all toasting to Katherine's impending doom was pretty funny.

I was happy to have The Originals back. I'm enjoying the Camille/Davina/Joshua dynamic.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Quick! Someone resolve this for me!

In Season 2 Elena discovered that she and Katherine share the same birthday. I can't remember what that birthday was. But I remember that it was the same.

In Season, 3, Elena celebrates her 18th birthday in September.

In Season 5, Katherine asks a compelled Matt when Elena's birthday is, and he replies "June 22".

Wikipedia shows that Katherine's birthday is June 5, and that Elena's birthday is June 22.

This is just bothering me oh so much.

(Also my take on the last episode is that I love Katherine and I hope that Elena is gone forever. Also, I can't wait to see Damon and Enzo wreck havoc. I really hope that Aaron had vampire blood or something in his system though. That would be awesome.)

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Was reading some reviews of this season of VD on vampire-diaries.net and the fans are wild that Katherine is in Elena's body, and desperately want everyone to kill her so that she never comes back :( That doesn't seem like much fun to me. I always enjoy the show much more when she's destroying everyone's happiness.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Drifter posted:

She's not really though, she's just trying to get Stephen to fall in love with her.

Yeah, but she didn't need to gently caress over Caroline and Tyler in the process. Or destroy Damon. She did that with glee.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Wait. So no one else enjoyed the fact that our dear, sweet Elena Gilbert is now going to be a ripper who craves only vampire blood, and when she feeds, she's going to end up poisoning her prey with werewolf venom? Because I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a lot. Katherine Pierce does not go gentle, indeed!

I still love this show. I love that Caroline called Tyler out on his bullshit. I love that Enzo is still kicking around somewhere. I love that the new witch only helps because she now has an ulterior motive (Jeremy). Etc. I love that poo poo is about to get very real.

Oh, and I'm digging The Originals. I love the flashbacks - it was great to see Mikael again (even if he IS a grade A douche bag).

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Shakugan posted:

So it looks like they are finally getting around to pairing up Caroline with Stefan. On one hand, it's probably the only potential relationship in the show that's ever made sense (since they have a relationship that appears to go deeper than the "I think you're hot" basis of the Elena/Damon relationship), I can't buy Stefan ever getting back with Elena and I can't imagine the showrunners ending TVD with Stefan brooding and alone. On the other hand, I get a real kick out of TV shows that have guys and girls being purely platonic friends because way too often female roles in television and movies relate to them being the love interests of male characters and nothing but; it's nice for women to have their own plotlines that don't purely relate to the guys they are dating. Plus it's obviously possible for guys and girls to be close friends without the need for a romantic attachment every single time. I think a big part of the reason that most TVD viewers always found Lexi so compelling was her friendship and love of Stefan without being yet another jilted ex-girlfriend. I'd say without doubt that plutonic friendship between men and women is easily the least explored relationship in western media.

I really dig Caroline and Stefan as good friends. I was expecting something to happen, but hey. I'm okay with the slow build-up, too!

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

I was rooting for Caroline to drag Enzo back from the edge when he realized that Damon had killed his one true love.

DAMNIT CAROLINE WHERE WERE YOU??????

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Caitlin posted:

I shall dissent and voice my love for The Originals. I can't be bothered to watch The Vampire Diaries until I can binge it because the season was so dull. The Originals is a glorious White Wolf live action show about the battle for control of a city (New Orleans proper, finally) between warring factions and is awesome. :colbert:

I agree with this. Really threw me for a loop that the "human" faction is actually run by the opposing werewolf pack who had not yet activated their curse. Preettty awesome.

I keep forgetting to fear Elijah, and then he rips hearts from chests (IE: Therriery") (spelling???)

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

IdeoPhanthus posted:

They're not human. In the car, on the ride into the city, Damon said they had to die while they were still vampires or whatever. Tyler wasn't a hybrid anymore because the travelers pushed him over the border where all things supernatural get undone (we watched him lose his wolf, lose his vampirism, become human & die to the broken neck). That's why he was resurrected human, because he died human. At least that's what I gathered from the whole episode.

Tyler died with the werewolf gene in his blood (he was born with that - that isn't witch magic), so that could also be it. If he didn't die as a supernatural, he wouldn't have gone to "the other side".

Now, my question is, why didn't Liv's brother help her with the spell? He sat there and watched her perform it, he knew it was killing her, wouldn't taking it over prevent her death? Unless he was unable to perform the spell because he's no longer a witch. (Edit: Woops. He did the spell to stop Liv's spell.) When Bonnie was brought back she was unable to do magic, so... who knows? Alaric died as a vampire, so, will he come back as a vampire?

sonatinas posted:

For the same reason Bonnie touched Alaric before Damon, things don't make sense in TV.

Bonnie actually likes and respects Alaric, whereas, she can barely stand Damon. She was probably super happy to be able to send Alaric back to the land of the living. And to be fair, Alaric is better for Elena and Jeremy than Damon ever was.

Anyway. I was so friggin' happy to see Alaric alive again. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off bringing Stefan back from the dead, but when I realized that we were getting Alaric back, too, I was so ridiculously happy. Losing Alaric sent the show into a tailspin, and I think the producers/writers were aware of that.

Also, Lexi is a better friend than any other members of that crew. Well, Bonnie, too, but Lexi rocks. A bit sad we won't see her again, but glad to see that certain characters won't ever be back (mainly: Vicki). It's good that death will stick now.

Unless there is another "Other" side, where everyone was sucked off to. And everyone can come back. *sigh*

rainbow kittens fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 20, 2014

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Old news now, but both shows have been renewed by The CW for the 2015/2016 season :)

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

I think I want to see Kai win the merge because he's such a badass and I truly enjoy drooling over his delicious face.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

rainbow kittens posted:

I think I want to see Kai win the merge because he's such a badass and I truly enjoy drooling over his delicious face.

Well, still this, but... Luke! It would be cool if Luke won but then took on all of Kai's murderous traits.

So... is Sheriff Forbes cancer free now?

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Turns out I missed the last few scenes in the episode. I was reading a recap and going "Wait - what?" I shut the TV off just a bit too soon. I didn't realize Kai had actually won the merge.

Luke :(

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

ShadowGlass posted:

Anyone has a link to last season's thread? I'm catching up and I like to read along, but I can't find it in the archives.

You are actually in the thread... a new one wasn't made for Season 6. Season 5 would be on page 1 :)

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse to be loved by Alaric...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

PiedPiper posted:

The worst thing is that nobody, except Alaric, gave a poo poo. Jo may still be not properly buried, for all we know.

Alaric's car is going to need a thorough cleaning.

• Locked thread