Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Combat looks pretty drat rough and floaty from the gameplay stuff they've shown. Particularly that nonsense with the ice walls. Though if fun combat was what I played RPGs for then... I dunno Icewind Dale and Xenoblade or something. I really want to hear more about the stronghold stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Question, what happen if you mate with all of the girl?" Ahh, youtube comments :allears:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

He says they did some games with no romances, which ones were those?

The first Baldur's gate, and Shattered Steel which was a shockingly good mech sim. I'd imagine MDK as well

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's the same poo poo as naming your dude Ares and not having any idea of the greeks, dumb as gently caress, not a huge deal or anything but still dumb as gently caress

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I would argue equally bad in different ways

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Felica Day is okay but I hope her character disappears and never returns

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Fade rip in general is probably what I'm most leery about (aside from their recent track record), demons are a really boring enemy

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

:colbert: has long since mutated to mean "I am weirdly dogmatic about my opinion but the smiley means I'm not a dick for telling people what they like sucks poo poo", it is a complex emoticon, full of hidden depths

Phasoms posted:

Yeesh, I'm pulling out my collar here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUu7SXHThc

This is the first thing I've seen that actually looks decent

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

This Qunari love is weirding me out. Kill all horn-heads

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Mymla posted:

I mean sure, I played it a few months ago and I enjoyed it a lot, but I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it was a visual novel or something.

Nah that would blow

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

ill show him by preordering a videogame that'll teach him to mess with me

I love owning goons by liking things they don't like. And things they like? I, heh, don't like them *flexes*

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Zelder posted:

Wait, has the goon consensus swung back against Xenoblade Chronicles? I really liked that game, haha.

I'm assuming people are thinking you're talking about Xenosaga or Xenogears because otherwise the world makes no sense to me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I dunno, Grey Wardens really seem to blow at everything except perma-killing the archdemon, and there's possibly a dog loophole there.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

How else are we going to experience the pulse pounding cinematic story line without dmpc's to guide us through the plot

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Lotish posted:

Hawke will be our Elminster.

Inquisitor is all sitting around going "I wonder what hawke is doing now? Isn't hawke dreamy, I bet hawke would say something hilarious right now"

I will say, though, that bioware would have to go almost infinitely far to reach blizzard levels on that front

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Realistically this game will probably be alright, but I'm going to continue to pretend it will be a disaster because that's fun

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I like the Last Court, Morrigan showed up and I immediately kicked her back out

edit: It's hard to tell how much an action is going to raise or lower a stat though

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 8, 2014

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Apparently many people in this thread have not played fallen london, judging by the number of "water is wet?!" responses

(it is seriously dumb though that they kept the action timer if this was supposed to bridge to inquisition because no-one is going to have it completed by then. But with the burden of failbetter comes the joy of microtransactions)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

No wonder it requires Authority to do it. You're forcing yourself on her, and have the political power that she has no choice but to acquiesce.

It requires dignity to start the relationship. Are you people just making poo poo up

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Actually I was wrong; you need authority to hang out with them (or any of the main characters), and then dignity determines your chance of success. Indignation withdrawn!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Do certain DA2 companions show up, and if so can they be stabbed

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

So I know the conversation was about Morrigan and well...

spoiler at your own risk

The darkest timeline

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I dunno cutscene knife has a pretty solid record

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Like Gaider would ever permit his goth waifu to die, much less in DLC.

Orv posted:

Not where it counts.

Oh man :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I can't tell if things got weirder or not

• Locked thread