Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I don't know why you're comparing DA2 against those games. Games like Witcher 2, Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas would be the usual games to compare it against.

Also it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Bioware admits now that DA2 was (deeply) flawed. After all, they're trying to sell us a new product. Assuring your potential customers that your new product is better than the old one is just one of the things you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

He replaces Alistair as a companion, so that's a net win. You get to talk with him a bit about what happened, and Return to Ostagar can be pretty interesting with him around.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

All Bioware games should have this exact ending at 1h32m just with whatever characters are still alive in your party plus Carl Weathers giving you the detonator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5z9D48lB4&t=5521s

I need to see this movie

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 3, 2014

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Mymla posted:

impressively bad pathfinding AI

I know this is true for the original, but pathfinding on the BGT/TuTu versions is fine. So it's not much of a problem anymore. Also, BG2 (alongside with IWD2) is the benchmark for RTWP combat.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Affi posted:

So i'm going to replay DA Origins in preparation for Inquisition. What class makes the game not annoying to go through?

Crank the difficulty up to Nightmare. That's what makes the combat fun, whatever class you decide to play.

As for classes, the most fun I had was with an arcane warrior / blood mage. Pretty difficult to play in the early game, but so much fun (and so powerful) in the mid to late game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1601/ is a also pretty decent mod that fixes some of the buggy abilities in the game

Smol fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 10, 2014

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I think I did it with an Arcane Warrior. Pretty rough, anyway.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ah, Chronic Elixir Hoarder Syndrome. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I finally solved this in Skyrim by selling every potion I got my hands on. I won't be using them anyway, so might as well make a buck.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

They're actually streaming the game before release? Haven't followed this at all, but that's a pretty positive sign.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress the haters, Mass Effect 3 (multiplayer) was the tits.

Is there a YouTube mirror of the bad walking animation? Can't see past twitch broadcasts on mobile, unfortunately.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stroop There It Is posted:

Excuse me, what about Big Rigs. DA2 was better than that!!

But but how will you kill everything before anyone else can get to it with no ability to headshot?! :v:

I'm holding out for your list of DA3 multiplayer builds. :allears: I have revisited your ME3 build megapost way too many times.

Haha don't hold your breath. I'm not really that excited about DAI, at least yet. The second game more or less killed my interest about the whole series. But maybe Bioware will surprise us...

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The best thing about Dragon Age Origins was that you got to program your own little squadmate AI routines. This game better have something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Penakoto posted:

The tactics stuff from DA:O would have been a million times better if you weren't limited to like, a couple of slots. Or if your party were able to know not to use an ability if it's not working instead of spamming it until it does or something with higher priority was usable.

There were a couple of mods that made it better. One that increased the number of slots to like 99 and another one that added more scripting commands like "When someone is CC'd". Sad to hear it's gone. :(

• Locked thread