Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lotish posted:

Clearly what came out of the mirror was some sort of doppelganger.

Motherhood changes a woman. Demon baby motherhood even more so.

Austere things posted:

I know and get the idea that Bioware is going for a different aesthetic for their elves outside the norm of "wispy human with long ears" but...uh...what's wrong with her face?

No, really. What's wrong with her face?
Her face is covered in shadow because she is facing away from the fire.

edit: from that VVV blog

digging the blood mage eyes

A glimpse of a lady qunari. She's wearing remarkably sane clothing.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I can't actually find kirkwall on the general world map on the wiki. Maybe Hawke had some sort of fever dream while dying of malnutrition in a refugee camp and DAII never actually happened.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

You couldn't change your clothes but you could switch out eyeballs and teeth. I feel like that's a worthwhile distinction to be made.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

And Merrill is like an anime, stupid version of Nordom. The pieces are coming together!

Man now I'm imagining Merrill's lines voiced by Homer Simpson. I think that would increase the quality of the game greatly.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Sherlock isn't amazing but it's fun throughout and the sum of its parts actually works as a whole piece of entertainment. DAII is as close to objectively bad as possible, and the only redeeming value are the tiniest nuggets of what might have been a couple good ideas. The combat and lazy c/p'd environments make 60% of the game a boring slog, and the remaining 40% is mostly badly written fan-fiction leagues below the Moffatest of writing.

On the other hand I really liked the art style used for the maps and the loading screens, and I was pretty bummed to find out that the DA:I team has been able to do away with loading screens.

Yeah if I had to compare DAII to a show it would be Dexter. Or later seasons of True Blood.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

They didn't have to ask, Varric was great.

Varric was good but they used him so poorly. Like most things in DA2.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Did not, however, get Omega.

There was a sidequest to retrieve Aria's couch. It was bad. And the new character was wasted because Mac Walters loves Aria too much.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 4, 2014

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

bobtheconqueror posted:

Aveline stands out cause her boring straight man job is literally her day job. In ME, Jacob and Kaidan are boring cause they're part of your crew, your subordinates, and at no point do they really try to question you or push at all. Well, Kaiden I think kind of did, but I loving hate Kaiden Alenko cause he's voiced by Carth loving Onasi. They just kinda do what you want and be boring. Aveline threatens to arrest you a couple times, and her sort of character works kind of well with the individual approval system, cause her opinion kind of matters. Hell, even loving Carth Onasi eventually goes "Hey! gently caress face! Being a hero doesn't give you free reign to ignore the consequences of your actions!" a couple times, once right before you kill him, if I remember right.

Aveline with beat you up if you're a dick to her.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

Just a reminder, his sibling literally just died.

And another dude is deathly ill right beside him. Not that you can save him, but still.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Drifter posted:

Well done, how about just not so loving gender-different?

Been a while, but Dark Souls probably doesn't have that crazy differential between sexes.

I'm okay with gender(or rather sex) specific animations because when it comes right down to it, men and women do move differently. But doesn't excuse the pretty sexist "mrrooowll" animations. Bioware should follow in Volition's footsteps and allow us to chose animations as part of character creation.

(This will never happen.)

Jimbot posted:

I'm not a fan of the female-specific movement animation. You'd think a warrior in platemail wouldn't move around like a dainty princess. I wonder if there will be a mod that gives the men that movement set too, just to illustrate how silly it looks.

Frostbite is pretty hard to mod, so probably not. We'll always have dragon age 2 though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTum-rcpoY

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

Seems like that would limit how many games are developed with it.

One of the reason every other game of the past 7 years or so used UE3 is because it was stupidly easy to develop for.

But then again EA.

I'm pretty sure EA is keeping Frostbite in-house, so that's not really a good comparison. Plenty of games have been made with it, it's just all of them happen to be published by EA.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I unironically love mark meer for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBXQVxS-qk

:allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Leelee posted:

You walk up, ‘Hey Varric, how’s things? Tell me about Kirkwall.’

"It's pretty hosed up, boss. Basically everyone was raving mad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lotish posted:

God Anders is such an rear end in a top hat.

I like him actually, but purely because he's such an rear end in a top hat. He's like Joffery.

• Locked thread