Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Honestly excited for this game as the amount of Action RPGs with any effort at all put into them is pretty miniscule.

Totally preordering this as soon as Amazon lets me, suck it haters!

The last entry in the series couldn't classify as having any effort put into it by any stretch, so I am curious what exactly makes you excited for this one, but I do hope many more goons follow your lead. If this ends up being less of a trainwreck than DA2 and ME3, I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Generic American posted:

e: On a completely unrelated note- Oh. Oh boy. This... this looks to be quite a read.
Bioware on Race, Romance, and (R)Time in Dragon Age

Choice quotes:

quote:

Again, to some degree, you being an Inquisitor overrides some of the race stuff.

quote:

There’s points where the Chantry is in the spotlight, but it doesn’t mean it goes away when it’s not in the spotlight. I think DA 2 was absolutely the big one for the mage.

quote:

When I think to my personal favorite, Planescape Torment, it’s an amazing game, and part of the thing that made it so amazing was that the characters who surrounded the Nameless One were such extremes. So what’s up with Ignus? He’s on fire and in pain ALL THE TIME. Most of his dialogue is “AAAAGH!” and you’re like, “Wow, okay…” There’s a wise-cracking guy who’s a skull and threatens to bite you. The succubus tries to focus on her poetry.

That Torment namedrop is hilariously hamfisted.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 12, 2013

• Locked thread