Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please don't be a mess like DA2. Although all signs point to Bioware taking this game seriously this time. DAI really does look awesome. I guess if nothing else we have Witcher 3 to fall back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Torka posted:

Does the dialog in this one seem like it was written by/for TV Tropes posters?

Bioware did get suggestions from its fanbase on how to write the story. :v:

Who is the writer that is in control of the story for this game? Did they write any of the books? What is their background?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PC Gamer is not a good place to get opinions on games. Dragon Age II though did get overwhelmingly positive reviews though. I think the issue is that reviewers do not spend enough time with the games they play. They have maybe 3 days at most to play a game and get a review out. That means very little to no time at all to actually reflect on what they've played. So what you get is a lot of very positive opinions from reviewers and gamers alike, and then a month later peoples minds start to change as they have time to critically think about what they've actually played.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragon Age Origins was a good game, while Dragon Age 2 was really flawed. Bioware really is a great game developer though. Mass Effect is the best game series from last gen. So I feel confident that Inquisition will be good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's confusing now that EA treats Bioware like a brand name.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last I heard anything about Mass Effect was shortly after ME3 came out. Bioware either hinted or even outright stated (I forgot which) that a AAA spin-off series was in the works. Will probably hear something about that late next year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bioware should reboot Ultima as a new single player series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I appreciate romance options in video games because no one in real life will love me.

The pregnancy thing in Baldurs Gate 2, I had no idea that was a thing, and I want to know more about this. That is really funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Furism posted:

Pretty cool looking. Here's to hoping they didn't forget that RPGs need a good story too.

If you mean overall arching storyline, then I think you're going to be disappointed. Bioware writes some pretty weak rear end storylines, but their characters and side stories are really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Furism posted:

With the means at their disposal, and after the DA2 fiasco, there's always the possibility they'll get their poo poo together.

Who am I kidding :smith:

This is the studio that asked fans to write fanfiction for DA3 and then put it into the game. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lotish posted:

ffs, really? Hadn't heard that.

Okay so I went and looked it up again just to be sure, and it's not quite asking for fan fiction submissions, but the story was crowd sourced by fans; http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/05/18/wary-of-fan-demands-bioware-crowdsourcing-dragon-age-3-development/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought nothing from DA1 and 2 transferred to DA3 anyways? PS4 owners are screwed either way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Torrannor posted:

Incest does not automatically lead to inbred freaks.

Seems like you might know a lot about this. Please share.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sadly the internet is a bunch of meme loving fucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Torrannor posted:

Are goons unusually jaded and cynical?

Yes of course. That's our thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Guess what just got delayed by a month? :haw:

I mean yes, more polish is good, but that's midterms week Bioware :argh:

More time for Destiny I guess. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I picture it being a lot like Destiny, where it's just blurrier textures, fuzzy looking trees, and pixelated shadows.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biowares strengths in writing come from the side quests and characters you meet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, they're the worst of the worst. But it's a just a straight gameplay vid where the guy talks about his experience playing, without really leveling any criticism, positive or negative, on it.

No, I think that goes to Gamespot, but IGN is up there, like a close second. IGN's biggest crime isn't so much their awful writers as it is their marketing department is beyond obnoxious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Carwash posted:

So is this gamee actually uhh...good?

Right now all signs point to yes, with gameplay being an improvement over Dragon Age Origins. Like, this is the true sequel that Dragon Age II should have been.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

evilmiera posted:

I honestly couldn't tell it was him, so it must've been a severe bite.

So where are all these spoilers cropping up?

A lot of gaming sites got the game early. Xbox One owners get to start playing tomorrow too but it shouldn't be much in the way of spoilers because there's only like 6 hours of gameplay available.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FutonForensic posted:

~Could I interest you in the magical kingdoms of Amalur~

I loved this game. :( But Dragon Age Inquisition will be taking its place now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FutonForensic posted:

(I'll speak in parentheticals so no one else can hear us: I also liked KoA, but nowadays I just hop on the bandwagon so I never get a repeat of that time I said) I DIDN'T LIKE WITCHER 2 ALL THAT MUCH

Oh gently caress, that wasn't in parentheses, oh gently caress, oh gently caress

I don't know, I wasn't that big of a fan of the Witcher 2 either, but i'm really looking forward to Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Will DA:I use old save games from DA or DA2 or is it a whole new beginning ?

Come on now, this was covered in the OP and has been talked about extensively in this thread since Dragon Age Keep launched.

• Locked thread