Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

CJacobs posted:

The reason you don't remember anything about them is because literally the only time they are ever even mentioned outside of your fight with them is when Drebin tells you their life story after you kill them. The game ALMOST pretends they don't even exist outside their fights except for Mantis.

Sir, I'll have you know I reduced their stamina/psyche. I'm no hero killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Yeah they're totally defenseless as they fly around in giant Hawk armors shooting Napalm at you

I felt a lot of compassion for these helpless virtual women in prime physical condition as they donned cutting edge combat suits to fight an old man dying of super cancer

A woman shouldn't need to wear a robot wolf armed with a railgun to feel safe walking around abandoned nuclear weapon facilities late at night

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lollin at people complaining about feeling ~uncomfortable~ having to put down the beauties after they leave their suits. It's been this way since the game came out and I still just cannot understand it. No poo poo idiots that's how you're supposed to feel. If you let it go on long enough to go into the weird ~japan :japan:~ photo mode that's on you not Kojima.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wait you mean you guys didn't fight them with non-lethal weapons? I mean, it's not like you get a semi-auto less lethal shotgun to deal with them in like under a magazine.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Yeah they're totally defenseless as they fly around in giant Hawk armors shooting Napalm at you

Obviously I'm not talking about the first stage of the fight. You're practically just killing a robot. I"m talking about the beauty part, where you can literally make the women dance before you blast them in the face with a space shotgun, or eviscerate her with a grenade launcher, or shoot her in the gut with an antique Japanese rifle.

Edit: I believe that using the camera can force them to make sexy poses before you vaporize them

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 3, 2014

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

CJacobs posted:

Lollin at people complaining about feeling ~uncomfortable~ having to put down the beauties after they leave their suits. It's been this way since the game came out and I still just cannot understand it. No poo poo idiots that's how you're supposed to feel. If you let it go on long enough to go into the weird ~japan :japan:~ photo mode that's on you not Kojima.

After Paz' underwear creepshot I'm not really giving Kojima the benefit of the doubt on these things.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Obviously I'm not talking about the first stage of the fight. You're practically just killing a robot. I"m talking about the beauty part, where you can literally make the women dance before you blast them in the face with a space shotgun, or eviscerate her with a grenade launcher, or shoot her in the gut with an antique Japanese rifle.

Edit: I believe that using the camera can force them to make sexy poses before you vaporize them

I don't feel bad about shooting the enemy combatants even if they are insanely sexy and I have I take multiple photos of them on my PS3 harddrive first

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Paz only looks fourteen, she's actually 1000 years old and flat-chested.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
She is actually my girlfriend.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
But... What do you all think of the way Quiet's treated?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ShineDog posted:

After Paz' underwear creepshot I'm not really giving Kojima the benefit of the doubt on these things.

Excuse me, but that's clearly swimwear.

gannyGrabber posted:

Well she is mute, that's instant +1000 sexism points

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

gannyGrabber posted:

I'm going to treat her to dinner, once the game comes out and she becomes my girlfriend

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just think that maybe we'll all be happier if we talk about the objectification of Big Boss/Kaz.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's yet to be revealed as to whether you can strip Big Boss down to his underwear and get horny from his hot toned rear end as he runs around the battlefield, but if past installations in the series are any indication it will be a feature

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

But there's no way to take down your pants, that's crazy talk.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Bholder posted:

But there's no way to take down your pants, that's crazy talk.

Just watch me. I could take my pants down right now, all the way to the ground. Trust me, it works.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Let's all sit in a big circle and talk about the objectification of women in Metal Gear and never mention how loving sexy Solid Snake is and how his name reminds us of his big penis to.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I don't know about you, Big Anime Fan Here, but I think Liquid's sexier. Blondes just have more fun, you know? And hell, he was literally objectified into a forearm which is a clear allusion to the great handjobs he gives.

But then again, Solidus is a more mature figure, and I think we can all agree older men have their own je ne sais quoi :heysexy:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Oh no, Snake (all of them) is a big dumb piece of man-beef, somewhat obviously so. I'm surprised there isn't a 'shirtless old man' mode for the octo-camo, although Kojima does find an excuse to show him shirtless. Big Boss has about the only male equivalent of 'girl armor' in video gaming.

Just look at him.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 3, 2014

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I bought MGS 4 so that I could stare at snake's butt for hours. Look at it. Its like two ripe melon halves under a cloth.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't know about you, Big Anime Fan Here, but I think Liquid's sexier. Blondes just have more fun, you know? And hell, he was literally objectified into a forearm which is a clear allusion to the great handjobs he gives.

But then again, Solidus is a more mature figure, and I think we can all agree older men have their own je ne sais quoi :heysexy:

I think Colonel Volgin is the hottest when he grabs the cock and just like... he knows

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Vamp also a very sexy man of Metal Gear... I remember a rumor that he hosed Otacon but I don't think anything actually substantiated it

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Oh yeah, openly homosexual characters. There is also the fairly obvious romance between Ocelot and Big Boss, which makes it only sorta creepy that you he can give you a loving smooch during the final battle.

Maybe it's like an adoptive father sort of thing? Actually, looking back, Big Boss seems far more comfortable physically with Ocelot than he does with EVA, despite Ocelot trying to kill him nearly every time they meet.

Also, Snake and Otacon in MGS4 are essentially two gay dads and their adopted daughter. Snake's even cool with Otacon messing around with a lady.

I think Colonel Volgin is the hottest when he grabs the cock and just like... he knows

The President also felt the need to grab Raiden's throbbing manhood, shortly before you were made to play as Raiden stripped nude by his bear father.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I love all of the rear end and dick focus that the Metal Gear Solid series has, it lets me forget about the troubles of the world and all the debates over racism and sexism when I can just boot up the Playstation and get tickets to an international all-inclusive rear end-staring and dick-groping experience.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Oh yeah, openly homosexual characters. There is also the fairly obvious romance between Ocelot and Big Boss, which makes it only sorta creepy that you he can give you a loving smooch during the final battle.

Maybe it's like an adoptive father sort of thing? Actually, looking back, Big Boss seems far more comfortable physically with Ocelot than he does with EVA, despite Ocelot trying to kill him nearly every time they meet.

Also, Snake and Otacon in MGS4 are essentially two gay dads and their adopted daughter. Snake's even cool with Otacon messing around with a lady.

The President also felt the need to grab Raiden's throbbing manhood, shortly before you were made to play as Raiden stripped nude by his bear father.

I swear there is a point in the game where Ocelot kisses Snake besides the final fight. It is like a really quick peck..Possibly act 3, but all the poo poo you have to sit through is probably not worth it.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Oh hey cool 50+ new posts I wonder if they have finally mentioned a release da...

Nope just dicks n' butts talk. Cool.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I mean, who wasn't shocked that Kojima is married to a woman?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Kojima's married? Is... is she a real person or did he marry some concept art from Yes! Precure!?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well I mean, Kojima said it himself:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/367894294322872320

He's not a gay you guys.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

MGSV preordered.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He's so cool

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Do any of you guys know if there's a way to play Policenauts or Snatcher in English on PC?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Oh no, Snake (all of them) is a big dumb piece of man-beef, somewhat obviously so. I'm surprised there isn't a 'shirtless old man' mode for the octo-camo, although Kojima does find an excuse to show him shirtless. Big Boss has about the only male equivalent of 'girl armor' in video gaming.

Just look at him.

Yes, but is there a way to take off his pants?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

CJacobs posted:

He's not a gay you guys.

Since we'll be able to walk around base and interact with soldiers, I wonder if we can walk up to Kojima, kick him in the balls, and then tenderly kiss his beautiful man lips right on the mouth.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm going to wrestle Kojima to the ground with extreme CQC and post pictures of his cyber body posed Guantanamo style to his Twitter

Electromax
May 6, 2007

I"m talking about the beauty part, where you can literally make the women dance before you blast them in the face with a space shotgun, or eviscerate her with a grenade launcher, or shoot her in the gut with an antique Japanese rifle.

I can take your burly PMC men and make them dance before me, make them cry, make them fear, make them laugh... toy with their emotions before I emasculate them with my CQC knife and free their organs with a rocket launcher.

(the Beauties were definitely fraught with issues, but I will say that the FROGs never get much attention despite being an entire death squad of women who are never sexualized and are presented as the most capable 'normal' soldiers you encounter)

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Letting you take pictures of the babes before Drebbin gives you the traumatic backstory is the forerunner to Kojima's powerful statement: You Will Feel Ashamed of Your Words & Deeds

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Do any of you guys know if there's a way to play Policenauts or Snatcher in English on PC?

Emulated. Snatcher was released in the US and has an official translation, and Policenauts has a translation patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CJacobs posted:

He's not a gay you guys.

He's just clarifying, we don't want ppl accusing him of gayppropriation.

• Locked thread