Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Renoistic posted:

As long as I don't get sub-20 FPS I'm content.

If you PC is really struggling you should consider enabling the 30FPS lock in settings, rock solid 30 tends to feel smoother than jittering around in the 30-45 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is there a place that has tpp phone wallpapers collected?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Any idea when the Phantom Pain companion app comes out? I know its unlikely that we can do all our Mother Base stuff on it but I still want to know for sure :(

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Danaru posted:

Any idea when the Phantom Pain companion app comes out? I know its unlikely that we can do all our Mother Base stuff on it but I still want to know for sure :(

The 1st

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Alright good, I was worried it wasn't going to come out until after the game released.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
The control system was really loving me over before, on the Miller extraction mission I knocked out a guard and was trying to put him in a small storage room, I had Miller in the same room and the room had a bunch of weapons on the floor so every time I tried to drop the guard and pick Miller up I was stuck in some comical cycle of picking up random weapons/the same guard I'd just knocked out over and over.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

The control system was really loving me over before, on the Miller extraction mission I knocked out a guard and was trying to put him in a small storage room, I had Miller in the same room and the room had a bunch of weapons on the floor so every time I tried to drop the guard and pick Miller up I was stuck in some comical cycle of picking up random weapons/the same guard I'd just knocked out over and over.

Yeah, after getting comfortable with the controls, this my biggest issue. Often I have trouble selecting a spotlight without jumping over the railing.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Danaru posted:

I am deeply upset it does not work with PC version. Unless they plan to change that?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Gunder posted:

Fellow game havers: Can you return your soldiers salutes at Motherbase? I've tried to salute them back, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Ditto for interacting with little D-Dog, he just stands there, looking at me, and i'm bummed out that I can't seem to interact with him.

No, I've not found a way to do this either. In fact, the lack of interaction/interiors on MB in general kind of sucks.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

Alright good, I was worried it wasn't going to come out until after the game released.

Do we know which platforms the a app will be released for? I don't have an Android or an iOS device, so I hope it's released on Windows Store

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is it too late to get the PS4 collector's edition or can you not purchase it online? Gamespot and amazon say they don't have it.

Haven't read the thread because of spoilers, sorry.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Gunder posted:

Ditto for interacting with little D-Dog, he just stands there, looking at me, and i'm bummed out that I can't seem to interact with him.

GTA5 remains the leader in dog-playing technology.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This thread is better than the new one.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Ausmund posted:

Is it too late to get the PS4 collector's edition or can you not purchase it online? Gamespot and amazon say they don't have it.

It's a Konami CE so yeah it's probably too late.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
so here's a dumb question... I know that people who have the game haven't been able to import their GZ saves yet, because servers, right?

But how does the import work. Does it import your best run, or your latest run, or the best combination of individual objectives that you have achieved?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^ nobody knows

Ausmund posted:

Haven't read the thread because of spoilers, sorry.
Set up an alert on http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/metalgearsolidvthephantompain/ and do some lucky rituals

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012

Snak posted:

so here's a dumb question... I know that people who have the game haven't been able to import their GZ saves yet, because servers, right?

But how does the import work. Does it import your best run, or your latest run, or the best combination of individual objectives that you have achieved?

There is an option in the GZ menu that says something like upload save data.
There is another option in TPP that says something like download save data.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

thelordkanchi posted:

There is an option in the GZ menu that says something like upload save data.
There is another option in TPP that says something like download save data.

So we don't know what that save data is?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

You said it yourself, we can't do it, Konami isn't telling us, we're working on lovely hints they dropped, data miners and vague rumors

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012

Snak posted:

Probably a big ole' checklist of everything important that you've done.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was just curious if like, it had been announced somewhere. I only got in this thread 2 days ago when I started playing GZ again and impulse bought TPP.

I am officially hooked and this is going to eat my life.

The way that guys who you have shot a fatal amount of times but not in the head wriggle around on the ground for awhile is really unsettling. Fortunately, it only takes 3 kicks to kill them in this state.

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah I was just curious if like, it had been announced somewhere. I only got in this thread 2 days ago when I started playing GZ again and impulse bought TPP.

The way that guys who you have shot a fatal amount of times but not in the head wriggle around on the ground for awhile is really unsettling. Fortunately, it only takes 3 kicks to kill them in this state.

Just tranq them and let them die peacefully.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

thelordkanchi posted:

Just tranq them and let them die peacefully.

My next goal is to kill literally every guard and still get an S. gently caress those guys. Also traq darts are a premium supply.

What I hate the most is when I miss a shot at a guy going to wake up a guy I already tranqed and I get in a loop where one wakes the other up before I take him out then falls asleep but the one who just woke up wakes him up and this goes back and forth for like 10 seconds while I'm 50m away pumping darts into them like an idiot. It's really funny actually.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Snak posted:

My next goal is to kill literally every guard and still get an S. gently caress those guys. Also traq darts are a premium supply.

Throw them off cliffs and shoot barrels near them. Neither count as kills.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

Throw them off cliffs and shoot barrels near them. Neither count as kills.

Throwing them into the ocean doesn't count? That's hosed up. Also knowing the barrels thing would have saved me like 3 restarts.

But no actually I would like all the kills to count. I mostly want to see the score screen with ~46 kills on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Like someone in the thread said before:
"Explosion killed him not me."
"Water killed him."
"Gravity killed him."

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Snak posted:

What I hate the most is when I miss a shot at a guy going to wake up a guy I already tranqed and I get in a loop where one wakes the other up before I take him out then falls asleep but the one who just woke up wakes him up and this goes back and forth for like 10 seconds while I'm 50m away pumping darts into them like an idiot. It's really funny actually.

Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPrap9KqzRA

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Aurain posted:

"Water killed him."
"Gravity killed him."

That is not an administrative report I would like to write. "While I was off-duty, asleep in my bunk, the personnel of the entire base fell into the ocean somehow. I am still looking into how this happened, but it is slow going because there is no one else here. Please send help"

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
POW rescues can wipe the point penalty for kills, so it's possible if you're quick. To ensure you're fast enough have Reflex on and run around the map deliberately triggering it and then headshotting as many guys as are in sight during the slowdown. It's simpler, easier, and the game clock slows down while Reflex Mode is active, so you end up accomplishing a lot more in less game time. This is how some of the Neutralization trials are down to like 3 minutes on Ground Zeroes, they plan a route that lets them spend half the time in Reflex.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Snak posted:

Moribund guys can act as a reasonably lenghty distraction, making other non-alert soldiers come and comfort them during their final moments :eng101:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurain posted:

"Water killed him."
"Gravity killed him."

I still say these are just Big Boss's own rationalizations for his war crimes. It's telling that you don't even get penalized for killing in The Phantom Pain now- dude just stopped giving any fucks.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It'll be nice to be able to send some of those guys back to Mother Base. Always feels lovely being forced to let someone bleed out.

Conversely, I hope there is a way to send guards straight to Ocelot's House of Horrors. Some of those assholes just deserve it.

Big Boss knows if you are sleeping, he knows if you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake...

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Deviant posted:

I am deeply upset it does not work with PC version. Unless they plan to change that?

This. This right here.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Does anyone know the name of the track that plays during the post-Ground Zeroes teaser for Phantom Pain? Specifically, the part during the Phantom Pain title card?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Does anyone know the name of the track that plays during the post-Ground Zeroes teaser for Phantom Pain? Specifically, the part during the Phantom Pain title card?

Can you post the trailer you're talking about?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Gamehavers, how do I go about increasing the suppressors durability? I can't see it in the development trees.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Look Sir Droids posted:

Can you post the trailer you're talking about?

https://youtu.be/3iwuKbNSHq4

I'm rewatching demos and trailers (like everyone else who doesn't have the game yet), and the infiltration in the Gamescom 2014 demo is so drat slick. That's the one with the horse poop trap and the nighttime infiltration. Jackie Tan has a great way of playing cinematically, and I love the music that plays once the Spetznaz helicopter shows up. I don't think Ground Zeroes' soundtrack was ever released so hopefully we get one huge official soundtrack for both games, though I'm not holding my breath because Konami.

I keep forgetting about features like the cardboard box distractions. Considering all the possible combinations of time of day, weather, the different modes like Perfect Stealth or OSP, buddies, your infiltration point, Support team, and your loadout of weapons and items, you could probably play one mission two dozen different ways and it wouldn't get old. C'mon, Monday! :f5:

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 28, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I predict that throughout this game, Snake becomes just a big shell of a man...

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Snak posted:

I predict that throughout this game, Snake becomes just a big shell of a man...

Also the man of a Big Shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It sounds like it's part of the original score. I don't think there's a track list yet for that, so afaik no name.

• Locked thread