Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Burning Mustache posted:

So weren't there rumors about this getting a PC release as well?
What's the current situation on that?
Completely off the table, I presume? :(

From what I've heard, there eventually will be a PC version, but not at launch and not for quite a while after launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So the PC release will likely not be at the same time as the console release, right?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Got my cases of CalorieMate ready to ship on Amazon.

Tomorrow, I'm going to hit up PetValu for some hamsters and a Habitrail. There's a Wal-Mart nearby, they have cheap ramen.

gtg

I looked up the reviews of Calorie Mate on Amazon, saw the first one was titled 'Better than SNAKE D', and nodded my head in approval.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
They're definitely going to make a game at some point where you play as The Boss in WWII, right? Because that idea is way too good to never actually be used.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Look Sir Droids posted:

It was Ocelot.

He double crossed the time stream to cause his own birth.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm gonna guess a fall release if for no other reason than I just can't convince myself the game could actually come out in three months. That doesn't feel right.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
How do they know, six months out, that the PC version will take extra time but only two weeks of it? I smell more delays.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
They better release that DLC for the PC eventually. I need more cardboard boxes dammit!

e: I'm not complaining, but why is the PC version cheaper than the PS4/XBONE versions?

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 4, 2015

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm loving the batshit crazy names for all the made-up weapons. WINDBURGER

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
In an MGS2-esque twist, the open world Big Boss stuff is actually only two hours long and the rest of the game focuses on ten-year-old Solid Snake doing his homework sneaking around a playground and putting other kids in choke holds.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So since we're talking about Kojima, I assume the whiplash between the teen-friendly aesthetic of Peace Walker and the ULTRA GRITTY tone of GZ/TPP was intentional?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I played through MGR:R on Easy with Auto-Parry on, and never manually parried or dodged even once :shobon:

e: I also played through the entire game without realizing you could lock on to enemies.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Babe Magnet posted:

It's primarily a friends + family beta and a guy I worked with on some indie stuff works at Konami now so that's how I got mine. I'll see if I can get some keys to pass out in the thread.

I don't have any use for my key, I'll let someone in the thread have it:

JSTLK - MYJPN - ANME5

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

SeANMcBAY posted:

The 10 days between console and PC release are going to be the worst thing.

The other four days will be even worse!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Everyone in here is following Kojima on Twitter, right?

Games > MGS V - letting u seek the chance to revenge

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The GZ port was good, wasn't it? Are people worried the Kojima/Konami split has dried up all the motivation to polish the TPP port?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Let us English posted:

MGS 4 is never going in anywhere other than PS3. Porting PS3 exclusive games to x86 architecture is a nightmare, just look at all the poo poo Naughty Dog had to go through for Last of Us.

I'd also be shocked to see the HD Collection show up PC. They'd have to do a fresh port because there is no way they have source code for the original PC versions sitting around. Japanese companies are the worst when it comes to archiving their own poo poo for future use.

I think the main calculation for Konami would be: despite all that, would it still be easier than developing an entirely new game?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
At worst, I would call MGS4 a bad game with a lot of good parts.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

notZaar posted:

Man what does it even matter there's more than two months to wait still.

The longer it goes without the PC preorder popping up, the more likely Konami eventually says "did we say September 15th for the PC version? It's actually more like...Holiday 2015."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
And the Afghanistan map is one of, what, two major maps?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

acksplode posted:

I can't believe it'll soon be time to kill myself because I've 100% completed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and have nothing else to live for

Look at this scrub who's only planning to play the game once.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's gonna be a very long and insanely replayable game either way, so I wouldn't mind that too much.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

thelordkanchi posted:

I saw someone on reddit selling several for $30 a piece. I chickened out and now I'm worried I won't see any for under $35+fees.

I guess there's been no activity in the SA-Mart thread yet?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If Quiet turns out to be like 11 years old that would be the most Japan thing possible.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Fultoning things costs money, right? So 'stealing everything that isn't nailed down, then stealing the nailed-down stuff' is not necessarily a cost-effective strategy?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

MrLonghair posted:

PC version now launching alongside console versions on the first.

:eyepop:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Terminally Bored posted:

- Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation.

Yes yes yes YES

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

anuj posted:

To celebrate the good news, here's some good Kojima pics http://imgur.com/a/NVBvx

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

SeANMcBAY posted:

My computer should just barely run this game smoothly.:ocelot: Anyone know a good place to get a nvidia key?

Try the SA-Mart thread. Or Ebay.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

thelordkanchi posted:

If Ocelot isn't playable I'm gonna need someone to mod him in. You can replace do it (d-horse poop) with Now go!

Yeah, I'm gonna need a dedicated :ocelot: button.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Deakul posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of Mafia 2 or LA Noire's open worlds.

Enter the jeep from the passenger side to let D-Dog drive.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

So wait, certain cutscenes are different if Big Boss is all bloody? I wonder how much time they spent just adding content that you only see if you're all bloody and stinky.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

acksplode posted:

Also you'll be wearing your chicken hat during cutscenes if you suck.

Gonna style my way through the whole game as Bloodchicken Boss

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Danaru posted:

I want there to be a really dramatic speech from Ocelot interrupted by him suddenly shouting "Jesus loving Christ Boss you smell like a tannery, what the hell is wrong with you?!"

https://twitter.com/abade20124/status/629094498736324608

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

redreader posted:

MGSIV: Watching Mei Ling's mission briefing.
-she can't figure out an extensible pointer
-she can't figure it out again
-she figures it out but points wrong as if she's for real retarded
-she drops it then kneels down and shows her rear end while 'picking it up' for about 20 seconds.

What. The. gently caress.

:japan:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sharzak posted:

My retard idiot fuckface friends haven't played any of the previous metal gears and don't want to start with the fifth game in the series. If you had to sell TPP to people who had never played mgs before how would you do it?

Have them watch the Motherbase preview video while whispering EROTIC VIOLENCE in their ear every so often in different pitches and voices

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
What causes Fultoning to fail? Is it based on enemy presence in the area, or just a random chance that you can't necessarily do anything about?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
There has to be some kind of connection between all the hands and Doktor.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I love the phrasing of this. He 'broke up' with his bandana :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I assume you can just load a save if a companion dies? Or does it autosave and gently caress you over like Dark Souls?

• Locked thread