Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I would like an MGS2 remake just for better controls and cameras. Both are much less of a problem on MGS3.

What I'm trying to say is I would buy both if they remade them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

That's my text notification sound too.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

You just have to click through it. Since you were rude and interrupted Major Zero.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

There's nothing I don't like about Snakeeater. Except stamina killing The Fury.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

That's how I stamina kill him. But its basically an exploit. If I try to do it the honest way, I'm BBQ after I plug him with a couple Mosin shots and he gets extra Furious. So I always try a few times and then say gently caress it and go lay down at the door.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I used to hate Volgin, but now he's a top 3 Snakeeater boss fight. The End is still tops for me and I more often than not just Mosin The Boss from afar. I used to like The Fear fight until I stood in one place and staminaed him in 2 minutes. Lost respect for him.

I need to play again and do a straight up sniper battle with The End instead of my usually sneak up and shoot him in the back.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Its pretty easy. Did you try the night vision goggles?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Even in Subsistence the camera locks during The Boss fight. No way to turn it off, I tried (my copy is the HD Collection for PS3). If it didn't that fight would be one of the easiest in the game.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

There's one in the forest, the one that everybody catches with the trap. And then I think there's one in the desert part on the approach to The Fury fight. It blends in better there, so its hard to spot. I may be wrong.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I don't think it's supposed to be a sniper duel. Snake is never presented as a sniper. The game always emphasizes CQC, so getting up close to him is the Snake way to handle it.

My favorite part of sneaking up on him is getting one last shot on him when he throws the stun grenade and runs away. He just looks like an old fat man falling down.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Anybody expect the PC requirements for TPP to be any more stringent than the reqs for GZ?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Not if you want to get headshots.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

While that was fun I'm so glad they added in bullet drop and a ballistics engine.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

No such thing as bad press.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I'm pretty sure Volgin is just a hallucination. Like the giant flaming whale.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Gruckles posted:

I'm going to be so upset if the flaming whale is just Big Boss tripping on pain killers or something, and not a 100% real thing that happens.

On the other hand, a huge flaming whale is Metal Gear as gently caress. Hope springs eternal, mah man.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I haven't played GZ yet, but even on PW I tranq or cqc dudes I hold up unless I'm trying to S rank. Same on Snakeeater.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

If guard AI wasn't that terrible S ranking half the vehicle extra ops would be crazy difficult.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Captain Novolin posted:

they're piss easy if you're not an idiot. just keep running and shoot everyone a lot

The launcher raises an alert state so I don't use it. Either go with mines or with helos hold up group 1 and shoot out the cockpit.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Of course its easier. Guns blazing turns any Metal Gear game in to a cakewalk. That's not how most people approach stealth games. Even if the alerts don't (literally) count.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Butt Ghost posted:

Because it's going to turn out that Kaz was the big bad all along, and Cipher was just his pawn.

Good thing Liquid killed him then.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I never noticed anything to suggest he does. Unless he just knows because he's all spiritual.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

moosecow333 posted:

What are the chances that Ground Zeroes will go on sale once TPP comes out? $20 is too expensive for my blood and I figure it would do well to help tide me over until TPP drops in price a little, and it'll give me a chance to bolster Mother Base with the unique soldiers.

High. Or get it packaged with TPP for $70 or $75.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Yeah, you just have to pick an officer that neutralizes the biggest opposition threat. Huey is good against metal gears. Amanda and Strangelove knock out officers. Basically Kaz loving sucks and Cecile is there for Kojima titties I guess. Even Snake kind of sucks but won't get killed as much as Kaz. Either way you have to grind on low level missions until you have soldiers and vehicles that are more powerful than whatever you're facing. It is a soulless, barren grindfest.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

I remember back before MGS4 came out I was very perplexed by how ocelot treated Big Boss' sons. After all, MGS3 clearly established his weird infatuation with Big Boss yet in MGS1 and 2 Ocelot did his best to maim or kill all three of Big Boss' children. Hell, they weren't even his children, they were his clones! And Ocelot commented on how Solidus looked exactly like his old dad, the guy Ocelot had such a thing for.

It still doesn't make much sense to me.

It's not Big Boss's appearance Ocelot has a boner for, it's his masculinity. His essence.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I just want to remove a bee bullet from my head with a knife and treat it with styptic.

If there's a training mini game like San Andreas, maybe you can also just eat Taco Bell all day and go in to missions as a fat rear end. A whole new array of challenges and achievements.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 21, 2015

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Poolparty posted:

Ocelot: "You're looking too skinny, BB. Go and get us something to eat"

I'm looking forward to liberating enemy animals for the Mother Base petting zoo. What Ocean is the base meant to be in? Travelling to landlocked Afghanistan seems a bit inconvenient.

I assumed the Indian Ocean. Best proximity to Afghanistan, Zanzibarland, and Outer Heaven.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Under the vegetable posted:

That actually would be pretty cool. I would also like a game where you can hit on people but never actually have sex because you're playing as a total loving creep.

You can already do that in Mass Effect and play as renegade creeper Shepard and not get laid.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

ThomasPaine posted:

So what's the deal with the new goofy character intro subtitles for GZ and TPP? Eli, the 'youth who curses his fate' and Emmerich, the 'technocrat who stands his ground'. They're really awkward and don't fit at all with the MGS tone. Seems an odd decision for a series that usually has a pretty decent translation team.

Probably all good examples of Japanese phrases that didn't translate well to English.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Big Boss was 30 in MGS3, which took place at the earliest in 1964 since LBJ was president. He would have been 20. I've never read that he was a Korea vet, but if he was 18 in 1954 he would have been 16 when Korea ended and enlisted when he was 14 or 15.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic. :ugh:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

It was Ocelot.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Pwnstar posted:

Next game: Otacon accidentally injects himself with nanomachines so Raiden and Sunny have to shrink themselves down to fight them 1 on 1. For some reason all the nanomachines are tiny Metal Gears.

Tiny Ocelot double crosses mitochondria.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Afghanistan and Africa. That looks like Africa.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I don't think Kojima is capable of dropping the perv level much. I thought it would happen for TPP, but then Quiet was revealed.

I was about to say MGS4 wasn't that bad, but then I remembered Naomi upskirts.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Zooming in to see Paz's underwear in Peace Walker.

Christ, I forgot about that. This was the worst, most Japanese panty sniffer moment in any MGS game.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

:laffo:

Is that real?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'd say it's doubtful. To my knowledge, no Metal Gear Solid games have been ported to a Nintendo console ever.

Twin Snakes.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Steve2911 posted:

Oh man, staying up late to finish the game, and thinking I was all done only to be hit with 90 minutes of wrapping up. Killed me.

Had you played a Metal Gear game before?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

PC will probably be my platform and I am totally fine with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I got the feeling that gameplay from a few months ago where you got to tell Quiet where to snipe from meant maybe a 2nd player could play as Quiet instead. Probably just wishful thinking.

• Locked thread