Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Major INTERSpess posted:

http://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/435229997209382912

Tweets like this definitely keeps my morale regarding MGSV high.

Kojima posted a ton of tweets tonight about MGSV.

quote:

BTW, we've adjust GZ for its balance of difficulty level, control & design on each hardware (PS3, 360, PS4, ONE) thoroughly.

GZ is so called open world that allows you to design your strategy & intelligence operation to accomplish the missions and has replay value whereas the linear game is designed in 1 way. Esp control feels great. U can go anywhere smoothly.

I played MGS4 several days ago but wasn't able to play so well since I am used to the controller and freedom of GZ. The funniest part I found was that Snake in MGS4 wasn't able to climb up the sandbag. lol

As talked about alot in boot camp last week, GZ is not designed as rail game, so that you need to pay attention 360 degree around you.U are exposed to huge amount of tension & stress so the powers of concentration is a must. It really is scary. Once you accomplish the mission, you feel tremendous fatigue as if you just experience the real survival game.

GZ is oepn world real sneaking simulator. The route & playstyle differs by people to people so rather than sharing one strategy w/ with friends, I would like you to show off your play style to the world by SHARE button and play again and again.

The way of play GZ differs by people to people. For example, u rescue the prisoner, carry him on ur shoulder or put him on the jeep or track to go to the point from distance to call for chopper or call chopper in mid of the base, & play your favorite song with equipped Walkman, covering with antiaircraft gun, and try to make dramatic escape.lol

To me who grew up with Star Trek, I believed the world of 21st century will be like what u see in PS4 TVCM where understand ur culture race/ethnic conflict will be gone and respect everyone on earth, cooperate each other. Such fun future reminded me when I watched PS4 TVCM.

The reason I did collaboration with poster in MGS2 or CalorieMate in MGS3, was because no one had done it at that time. Like the trick of Mantis, many were against this plan as it may disturb the game world. But today everyone is doing so that I have less interest anymore except very selected good ones.

I do new thing (expression, game, marketing, collaboration, story) because it is series of game but I get disagreement and offended. Between this Yes&No, I observe and pick the rehash will be accepted safely by people. But that's not what I want, I want to surprise people.

BB in MGS4 were war victims who changed from beauty to beast by PTSD. Once you defeat each beast, the beauty comes out from inside & start overflow the fear and regret in the battle field that transformed them to the beasts. This battle got too scary to test by debugger.

I received a mean question by journalist at boot camp last week, "It's been for 6 yrs from MGS4, MGS might get forgotten by people?". Of course I wasn't fooling around dur that time, but released PW or RISING but I guess spin off or handheld game doesn't get count overseas?

It was due to marketing experiment that we released MGS on PSP back in 2010 focusing on cloud networking era. The reason why The reason why we made FOX Engine was to enable to make open world game productively even on current gen. In GZ, you can have SNS essence of play by using Share feature as you can use with remote play, smartphone & tablet.

GZ has horizontal spread of play with multi-platform, multi-generation, and tablet which allows SNS element. I want u to feel the future by looking at the evolution of MGS' expression and play as only one of the new stealth game.

Thus, to me frame rate or resolution that often get to asked, is nonsense. But peple keep asking so I will make it publish soon.

As mentioned again, we have adjusted GZ to have the same impression, game play, control, and difficulty level regardless of hardware. However, the reason why I release the prologue w next gen release is so that I want u to see the future of what the next gen game feels like

Well, once you play with next gen, it moves smoothly like a butter, you won't be able to go back to current-gen thou. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Special edition PS4. Japan only.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It'd be pretty awesome if they allowed the Vita to do the map stuff.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Snakes is great, but it helps to play through MGS1 first just to see how insane the cut scenes are comparatively.

Do them in order- 1,2,3,4,PW,GZ. You can skips POOPS, just watch a LP for it or w/e.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Which MGs are included in the MGS HD collection? the MSX or NES versions?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

I can pretty much guarantee you that if there even is a PC version it will come out well after the PS4 and XB1 releases. Maybe even delayed until after MGS5 proper.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'll release it with TPP as "MGSV:The Complete Collection" or something. Releasing Revengence on Steam was a huge step for them, but I'd imagine that PC is probably their last priority.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Whats on his forehead?

Also, Hayter will be back. They're just preparing for the two snakes to meet face to face eventually.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/02/28/the-story-behind-metal-gear-solid-4-39-s-bizarre-intro.aspx

Game Informer with a ton of stories about the MGS4 live action stuff for it's intro. Now I'm tempted to play it again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Man, Kojima really likes the new Walter Mitty movie.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Bought MGS3 for the Vita, because I never actually played that one. People seriously wanted more of that quality Snake voice-acting?

Yeah, he's Snake to me. I'm still holding out hope that the switch to Sutherland as Big Boss is so that they can remake Metal Gear with Hayter as Solid Snake and not have him do both voices.

Plus MGS3 is my favorite MGS. Enjoy it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dashKADE posted:

I went ahead and preordered after the price-drop. Looking forward to it but, god drat, March is awful. Dark Souls, Metal Gear, and Infamous all vying for attention.

Waiting for the PC release of Dark Souls 2 in April, so I got a month to play through GZ without issue.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Peace Walker's story is really perfect. Nothing else comes close to how batshit insane it is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

Metal Gear Rising could give it a good run for its money.

I still need to play it. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

Big Boss is trying to invoke the powers of iaijutsu.

Now I really need to see Big Boss use Gymkata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mkl9rtttog

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I just hope it was just out of necessity, so they can eventually have Big Boss and Solid Snake in a game together (again).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Still no PS4 preorder up. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Metal Gear Solid plots are basically what happens when you don't have an editor.

I still love them though, no matter how badly they're written.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

For anyone confused on parts of the story, instead of replaying the games before GZ comes out, you can just watch this video series on YouTube that goes over the entire story from MGS3 to Portable Ops to Peace Walker to Metal Gear to Metal Gear 2 to MGS1 to MGS2 to MGS4.

But be sure you have at least an hour or two to devote to this as it takes a while to get through it all. If you don't care about the less critical plot points, there are recaps in every video that go over the whole story from the beginning of 3 up to the present.

Thanks for this. Watched them all during a slow work shift tonight, and I realized I've basically forgotten all of MGS4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

PSN says you can download at 12:01 AM EST, so if you're lucky enough to not live on the eastern seaboard you could be playing this business tonight.

OH gently caress YES

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

Brainwashed Gray Fox who thinks he's Decoy Octopus impersonating Jack, who is actually the not-Martin Riggs guy from Policenauts.

You're playing as Major Zero who had his face removed and replaced to look like Big Boss. Your fake american accent sounds like Keifer Sutherland.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ularg posted:

Solidus walks in yelling at you for leaving your SAA in the wash.

while J-Pop is blasting in the background

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gfanikf posted:

It's up on the Sony Story for the PS4!!!!!'

Well no option to buy, but hey its a start :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do games on the PS Store usually go up at midnight EST?

Only the big titles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

No Platinum trophy for PS3/PS4 Ground Zeroes

edit: Apple updates the store at 11:00 PM EST, so check out in 15 minutes if iDroid is able to be downloaded then.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

:siren: ios app is up:siren:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/metal-gear-solid-v-ground/id821316090?mt=8

edit
heres the android one just in case

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.mgsvgzapp

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Online store updates faster, btw

PS4:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes/cid=UP0101-CUSA00218_00-METALGEARSOLIDGZ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

PSN is tanking right now, buy it through the web store.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

12 minutes left...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

God drat this is gorgeous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

options button or tap the left bottom corner of the touch pad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The shooting is really well done. Feels great in first person and third person mode.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Joan Baez will be taunting me until TPP comes out. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Do you have to be in the main mission to get the patches, or can you be in a side mission?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

For the love of god play MGS3.

Seriously, it's the best MGS. Get the HD or Legacy collection and play through it and Peace Walker.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

If you haven't fed on a tree frog then you haven't lived.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wubbles posted:

Let us not discredit Kojima's ability to be a sexist hack even in the best of times.

Seriously, has that man ever acknowledged that he's simply, at best, an extremely mediocre writer? I'm talking written documentation.

Doesn't matter, we all know how bad of a writer he is, but we don't really care.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Weapon spoiler
Where is the sniper rifle? Someone posted earlier it was in a guard tower by the old prison, but I don't see it anywhere

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Just saved Hideo Kojima.

This owns.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I have a hard time believing anything other than Kojima wants to have Big Boss and Solid Snake in a game together in the future, and didn't want Hayter doing both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Just a heads up to Playstation Vita owners:
Something happened today, and now PS1 and PSP games that didn't work on Vita, or required a PS3 transfer to the Vita via Content Manager are now able to be downloaded via the Download List in the Vita store.

This includes Metal Gear Solid 1 (needed PS3 transfer), and Portable Ops.(Wasn't available on Vita at all)

• Locked thread