Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Enjoy posted:

What is the conspiracy theorist explanation for why they are allowed to go around blowing the cover of the conspirators on something as easily controlled as the internet?

While governments have unlimited power and competence in planning and executing their far-reaching conspiracies, and at keeping the operation a secret from all but a few select geniuses after the event, they are totally incompetent at shutting up those select few who are able to find out the secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can't discard a hypothesis because of minor inconsistencies when the one you are proposing to replace it with is full of huge inconsistencies.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Those things are all wrong.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If only there existed some way to search for pictures on the internet.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
1. It didn't collapse that neatly.
2. Reported by whom?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlliedBiscuit posted:

So what are the thoughts about the "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth"? I wouldn't doubt that the "thousands" of scientists who are a part of it are grad students or computer engineers or something far removed from any authority on the subject, but I was wondering if anyone knew more about them. Also Ed Asner is apparently a 9/11 Truther. How disappointing.

The vast majority of "Architects and engineers" aren't qualified to determine the cause of a building collapse.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Miss-Bomarc posted:

At least I'll never have to worry about employers finding awful things I've said via Google, because I have the same name as a prolific WTC conspiracy theorist, and the first ten pages of Google results are all back to him.

Better hope that future employers are able to figure out that you aren't actually that guy.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Larry_Mullet posted:

I think it's probably nuclear waste or pollution that's caused such widespread vulnerability.

This opinion is based on your extensive experience in biology, chemistry, and nuclear physics?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Not sure what the conspiracy is supposed to be, but it looks like a lot of other poo poo hit that building also.

withak fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 27, 2014

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Vince McMahon posted:

Could you file a lawsuit against someone who wasn't vaccinated if your kid catches the measles from them or something? Just thinking out loud

Would be an easy way to pressure people to take the vaccines

There was a thing in Berkeley a couple of weeks ago where an unvaccinated student brought back measles from somewhere overseas and roamed around town for a while (including a few BART rides) before he got sick enough to go to a doctor.

He seems to have only infected two family members (also unvaccinated) so the problem was kind of self-correcting I guess.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

Unless Im mistaken its less worry one person is unvaccinated as a whole preschool. A single person doesnt faze much as most people, are you know, vaccinated. Bunch of anti-vaccers, though, get their kids together and you got a lot of sick kids maybe.

Also there are a few people around who aren't be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons. Choosing to not be vaccinated is putting those people at significantly greater risk.

At some point the anti-vax cycle will turn around as people become exposed again to acquaintances dying or becoming permanently disabled by preventable diseases. That kind of stuff is abstract history for those of us below a certain age; a little exposure to it will remind people that opting out of vaccinations has very real consequences. It's too bad that a bunch of innocent kids will have to die to drive the point home.

withak fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 22, 2014

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

My office still has that exact same cube furniture today in 2014!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

duck monster posted:

Pretty loving sure whatever was in that Big Mac that put me in hospital sluicing blood out both ends of me probably qualified as some sort of "food demon".

Not sure a big mac qualifies as a "burger" though. Shits all wrong yo.

That doesn't sound like a standard feature of the Big Mac.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

moller posted:

The tamarind and cilantro makes me wanna slather this on Thai food.

The zeolites make me wanna take this stuff into a mineralogy lab and find out what it is actually made of.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Coincidentally, holograms were first invented in 1066.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
30 miles south they can get naked with bears year-round.

• Locked thread