Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFuglyStik
Mar 7, 2003

Attention-starved & smugly condescending, the hipster has been deemed by
top scientists as:
"The self-important, unemployable clowns of the modern age."

McDowell posted:

Forget conning these people - someone is telling them to stare directly into the sun multiple times a day - and apparently they believe it.

I'm really sorry about your friends, Yarbald. I don't know if it is a good or bad thing that your friend is going to turn into Harry Caray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrFUBKCONfs

It sounds like a very elaborate troll that actually took off to the point that it has people causing permanent damage to themselves. Fluoride and pineal glands are the two ringing alarms about this in my mind, since they're pretty much buzzwords for conspiracy theorists. I've thought about floating similar ideas out there, but decided no to since I'm not quite that sadistic.

In fact, I like to imagine a lot of conspiracy theories and medical quackery are just trolls of a similar nature. It makes the batshit crazy in the world a little more amusing to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFuglyStik
Mar 7, 2003

Attention-starved & smugly condescending, the hipster has been deemed by
top scientists as:
"The self-important, unemployable clowns of the modern age."

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's turning black because of soot adhering to the ice before it can melt.

This. It's the same poo poo that coats the inside of a glass candle holder with a wick, or any piece of glass you hold a lighter to.

• Locked thread