Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Yarbald posted:

I have a lot of friends who buy into 9/11 truther stuff, water fluoridation, etc... lately one of my friends has become obsessed with this stupid sun gazing crap, as it "undoes the calcification of the pineal gland caused by fluorine," as well as constantly bugging everyone he knows about 9/11. His only source is a sun gazing web site, which has absolutely zero sources and paypal links everywhere begging for donations. No matter what I say, he has already gazed at the sun for 30 second a few times. I don't know what to do anymore; It's not like I work in the healthcare field or anything, what do I know. These people are like religious zealots, anything that doesn't fit their narrative is "what the MAN wants you to believe!"

Wow that's both funny and very sad at the same time. He's doing a lot of irreversible damage to his eyes and has nobody to blame but himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

Well Unocal was trying to build a pipeline in the early 90's to get Turkmen natural gas to market in a way that didn't use Russia's pipeline network and didn't go through Iran, and Karzai is from a fairly influential royalist Pashtun family and was a minor player at the time, so using him to get an introduction to tribal elders and power brokers would seem to be a good idea.

I actually have a family member who worked for Unocal on the team that was trying to develop that pipline at that time. He told me a story about how one time they flew in a group of Taliban representatives to the head office in Houston where he worked, and that it was really weird to see them touring the building in their more traditional Afghan clothing and with their eye patches and scars. The guys must have looked pretty rough and tumble.

• Locked thread