Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I thought the most pervasive truther rant was in relation to the Pentagon, claiming that nobody ever saw a plane there or something.

To me the most absurd argument is that the twin towers were rigged to fall. As if being struck by a jumbo jet wouldn't be enough to bring down any office building.

I guess in answer to the OP, my real answer is, I can't explain them to you. :P But I'd love to see someone really carefully outline their arguments and either debunk them or explain where there are reasonable question marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Install Windows posted:

Yeah people somehow expect that a plane crashing into a massive building at 400 miles per hour would just crumple up + explode exactly like a cartoon or something. It's bizarre.

If I remember correctly they were basing it on some low security cam like 30 feet from the point of impact, and all you could see on it was a blur. OMG Missile attack!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

muscles like this? posted:

There's also the fact that the hole in the Pentagon is circular instead of somehow being like a cartoon cut out of a plane.

Oh... you mean like in this awesome TV show that I really truly honestly did not make up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_in_the_Wall_(U.S._game_show)

Sorry... couldn't resist the reference, it fits the absurdity of the truther argument though.

• Locked thread