Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Guest2553 posted:

I signed up maybe a year ago and they allowed transfer in kind as well as wires, sounds like they just sucked back then. I only use the bare bones trading platform which never game me an issue, I heard the problems were with the full feature one. The only thing that bugs me is that I can't make spousal TFSA contributions so I have to EMT money to my wife's account which adds an extra 75 basis points in transaction costs.

That's because there's no such thing as a spousal TFSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Koskinator posted:

It looks like RDSPs are not transferable, so my options seem limited to RBC's offerings.

They actually are, just a bitch to do so. The receiving institution needs to complete new account application and fill out a special transfer form (ESDC EMP5499), and either mail or fax it to whoever deals with account transfers at your current institution. Most institutions however will only take in-cash transfers, and are limited to their in-house mutual funds.

If you can, transfer it to TD Waterhouse, since you can actually use the e-series and/or ETF's for their RDSP's (all though call them to double check).