Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Hm, I don't really see much resemblance to Maisie Williams - at least not as blatant as Octavia Alexandra from last year.

I'm keeping an open mind on the Jeyne Poole story being included. I still wish they had established Jeyne (or a Jeyne stand-in) in the show so that if Theon saves her it would mean something more than just random brown haired girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I still think having the Boltons take Rickon captive would've worked alright for the show, but we'll see about this.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Tv viewers care about Rickon only slightly more than Jeyne Poole.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Who is Rickon again? (Not a book reader sorry)

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Rickon Walnutsbane Stark of Winterfell

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Subterfrugal posted:

Who is Rickon again? (Not a book reader sorry)

Exactly.

Nah, Rickon is the lil whiny baby Stark boy who Osha the wildling girl took off with when Bran went all Treebeard.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

In all probability she's just an extra. But still her age, height, build and willingness to do nudity did make me go 'Hmm!'

Edit: I just realized how creepy that sounded.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 18, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

COOL CORN posted:

Exactly.

Nah, Rickon is the lil whiny baby Stark boy who Osha the wildling girl took off with when Bran went all Treebeard.

Who is Osha again?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Who is Treebeard again?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lycus posted:

Who is Treebeard again?

There was a fat guy in season 1 who had a beard, dunno about the tree part though.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Grendels Dad posted:

Who is Osha again?

Osha, along with two other wildlings, attacked Bran in the first book/season. Theon and Rob killed the other two wildlings and took Osha as a servant. Eventually Osha becomes sympathetic to the Starks and helps Bran and Rickon escape Theon's Winterfell in the night.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Excuse me, but one of those two 'Wildlings' was clearly a Night's Watch runaway.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ballz posted:

In all probability she's just an extra. But still her age, height, build and willingness to do nudity did make me go 'Hmm!'

Edit: I just realized how creepy that sounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

lifts cats over head posted:

Tv viewers care about Rickon only slightly more than Jeyne Poole.

Jeyne Poole does not have Shaggydog :colbert:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lycus posted:

Who is Treebeard again?
Treebeard is a fictional character from George R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth fantasy writings. The eldest of the species of Horrible Tree people. His mottos are "I'll get there..eventually." or simply "smoke me".

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The 90s were loving weird.

Seriously, that video confuses me in so many ways.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I legitimately thought that Braniac: Science Abuse made that tune.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I don't see Jeyne Poole happening sadly, they'll probably replace her with some random Ramsay victim.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
No Jeyne Poole means no wedding, no Frey pies, no reason for Jon to move for Winterfell... that wouldn't make any sense.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Unless they come up with different reasons to go from A to B for that stuff. Jeyne Poole doesn't exist for viewers, so for right now I'm expecting them to.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
You could probably convince a bunch of them that they've just forgotten a minor character from the first season.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Honestly that's exactly how I felt when I got to that part in the book

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

BillBear posted:

I don't see Jeyne Poole happening sadly, they'll probably replace her with some random Ramsay victim.

Cersei: "We found a little girl in the city who looks like Arya Stark. We're sending her to Winterfell to wed Lord Bolton's bastard, we'll say we found her hiding and she came out after Sansa's disappearance to search for her."
Kevan or whoever: "K cool."

Who even cares if her name is Jeyne Poole.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Pious Lancel and Kevan defying Cersei should be note perfect (and hilarious) on the show. I hope they have the original actors for the secondary Lanisters. Although with Jamie (possibly?) in Dorne who knows if we'll ever see Lancel again.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

13Pandora13 posted:

Cersei: "We found a little girl in the city who looks like Arya Stark. We're sending her to Winterfell to wed Lord Bolton's bastard, we'll say we found her hiding and she came out after Sansa's disappearance to search for her."
Kevan or whoever: "K cool."

Who even cares if her name is Jeyne Poole.

That could work... I mean Cersei is generally ballsy enough to try something that bold.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cirofren posted:

Pious Lancel and Kevan defying Cersei should be note perfect (and hilarious) on the show. I hope they have the original actors for the secondary Lanisters. Although with Jamie (possibly?) in Dorne who knows if we'll ever see Lancel again.

There was semi-confirmation that both Lancel and Kevan's actors from seasons 1 and 2 are indeed back for season 5.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Maybe Lancel will be Fake Arya.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
http://watchersonthewall.com/filming-begins-sibenik-mark-gatiss-roger-ashton-griffiths-ian-beattie/#more-3645

Confirmation that Arya's plot in this next season is going to follow the books, at least somewhat. You can see her here selling seafood out of a wheelbarrow.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Her killing Meryn Trant will be a good cathartic moment. I hope they space out that and Jon's "fetch me a block".

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Huh. Hizdahr zo Loraq looks way younger than I pictured him.

I thought he was supposed to be middle-aged and feeble, compared to Daario.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

COOL CORN posted:

Huh. Hizdahr zo Loraq looks way younger than I pictured him.

I thought he was supposed to be middle-aged and feeble, compared to Daario.

Did you not watch season 4? Because he was already introduced...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

lifts cats over head posted:

Did you not watch season 4? Because he was already introduced...

Oh, I watched season 4 before I had read ADWD, so I guess I missed that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

COOL CORN posted:

Oh, I watched season 4 before I had read ADWD, so I guess I missed that.

He was the noble who petitioned Dany to have his father's crucified body be taken down and buried. Later she sent him off with Daario to check out Yunkai.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I was rewatching season 1 and I completely forgot the scene with Theon & Tyrion. The scene really shows the more lovely and bullying side of Tyrion when he puts Theon down for no reason then shows how he's a bit of a hypocrite when he says the Greyjoys are savages for burning men alive in their own ships, while later on he burns the Baratheon loyalists alive with god drat wildfire.

He also points out how the Starks are his captors and how his own father would think he is poo poo. Great scene and gives me hope they'll do rear end in a top hat Tyrion and not just white wash him more.

Oh, plus Euron & Vic get mentioned so there is also that.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Peter Dinklage has a beard now:

https://twitter.com/juegotronosplus/status/512604588059680769

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Lycus posted:

Unless they come up with different reasons to go from A to B for that stuff. Jeyne Poole doesn't exist for viewers, so for right now I'm expecting them to.
She never existed for bookreaders either, until she became important.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

BillBear posted:

I was rewatching season 1 and I completely forgot the scene with Theon & Tyrion. The scene really shows the more lovely and bullying side of Tyrion when he puts Theon down for no reason then shows how he's a bit of a hypocrite when he says the Greyjoys are savages for burning men alive in their own ships, while later on he burns the Baratheon loyalists alive with god drat wildfire.

He also points out how the Starks are his captors and how his own father would think he is poo poo. Great scene and gives me hope they'll do rear end in a top hat Tyrion and not just white wash him more.

Oh, plus Euron & Vic get mentioned so there is also that.

I forgot about this scene and just watched it. gently caress what a good scene! I miss Not-Reek.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

I hope he's not the only one who starts to look more like his book counterpart.

Book Jorah is a goddamn mess and he still owns.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
The chapter where Tyrion breaks them out of slavery and joins the free company actually owns, and I hope it makes it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Charles Dance said he is going to make an appearance next season: http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-5-tywin-lannister-charles-dance/

Assuming this isn't just a shot of his corpse, could they finally be doing flashbacks?

• Locked thread