Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So have we heard anything to indicate that Michelle Fairley is actually returning this season? What if they cut Lady Stoneheart altogether? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought it was "Tywin Lannister sends his regards."?

No, it was Jaime Lannnister. Bolton was just doing what Jaime asked him to the last time they spoke! (Jaime told him to "Give Robb Stark my regards", not knowing the circumstances in which Bolton would next be seeing him.)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

computer parts posted:

Name the specific example you have in mind and no, Varys finding his torturer doesn't count.

Stannis and Davos. :smith:

It's pretty much the only thing I'm seriously unsatisfied with from last season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's the version I have bookmarked, though I understand there are others: http://boiledleather.com/post/24543217702/a-proposed-a-feast-for-crows-a-dance-with-dragons

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Let's just say that waiting years for these books to come out has done things to the people who frequent the Bad Thread.

Strange and terrible things.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yo escape artist (or anyone else who watches it I guess) what did South Park spoil last night? I want to know how hard I should laugh.

Edit: Oh never mind it's already in this thread and I missed it. That's pretty good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Apparently AFFC has the lowest 'Hodor' content.

Well yeah, that's the only book he doesn't appear in, and he's not exactly the kind of character people talk about much when he's not around.

If anyone's curious, the sole "Hodor" in AFFC is when Arya is thinking about Winterfell while talking to the kindly man.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Why do all the house words show up right at the end of Feast like that? That's so bizarre, was Sweetrobin reciting them in a lesson or something?

It's picking up the appendix. I'm not sure why it's only showing up for that book and not the others.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They don't even have to survive the locusts. It can just be some guy who eats them and dies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Honestly there's not much hope that the show will be able to capture the intricacies of Stannis' relationship with the Night's Watch and the Wildlings.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The show watchers just don't realize that yet. Hell I didn't realize it until I'd finished reading all the books (for me since I read them summer 2011, this included DWD) and sat back and thought about it. The idea of Dany is really really appealing, and the show is still at the point where it seems like she has a huge amount of promise to do awesome things. The show watchers who like Dany are all really excited to see her eventually coming to Westeros and kicking rear end. They just don't know and have no way of knowing how far away that is, if it ever happens exactly like that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

Also Only Cat at 1:26.

Yesss, YEEESS! This is probably my most anticipated scene this season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Only Chat has to stay through to the end of the season so it can be pointed out that it was a stealth (not-)spoiler all along and you just know someone will get mad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

It's going to be really great when the show overtakes the books and this particular series of worms turn.

Well I'll just keep watching the show anyway so whatever. Are there really people who are going to stop watching and start getting mad about "show spoilers"? That would be hilarious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gif version from the non-spoiler thread:

drat this looks cool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Wait, what is this about cold hands feeding them human meat? Did I completely miss that?

At one point when they're all starving in the snow, Coldhands goes off and kills the night's watch deserters and brings Bran and the others fresh meat. He says it's from a sow, but it's unlikely that's true - it's really the deserters.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man Aidan Gillen's voice aside, those were some fantastic History and Lore segments this year. I especially liked the one with Varys and Littlefinger talking about Robert's rebellion. A really cool way to get some more character interaction between them we'll never have another chance to see in the show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Friendly Factory posted:

I really don't think Stannis is as hosed up as you claim he is in the show. A little rougher, sure. Maybe they're just making his spiral into madness less gradual.

The way they messed up his relationship with Davos last season was pretty bad. It's the only change the show has made that I'm seriously bothered by. I share In It For The Tank's concerns about his story this season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hey guys what if the world is actually on the inside of a hollow sphere and

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't wait to see the Titan of Braavos on the opening map.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, Kevan was just starting to show that he was really almost as competent and intelligent as Tywin with the added bonus of being a bit less evil. But Varys can't have that!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just in case you weren't aware, this is the spoiler thread for all the books not just the show, so if you care about spoilers you're gonna want to evacuate.

Anyway the torturer was Ramsay Bolton, the bastard son of Roose Bolton. He was pretending to be an Iron Islander at first to gain Theon's trust, but in actuality he's just a sadistic rear end in a top hat. He wants to break Theon utterly and turn him into a slave with no will of his own.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Actually when Tyrion is staying with Illyrio, they mention guest right so it's definitely a thing, at least in some parts of Essos.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Damphair eats some soup in his first point of view chapter in AFFC for what it's worth. I don't have a stake in either side of that argument, but I've just started reading the combined AFFC/ADWD so I remember reading that part the other day. He also falls asleep on his horse. :shrug:

Anyway Tywin's death is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. I can't wait to see Charles Dance play Tywin's total disdain for Tyrion followed by his absolute shock that he could actually be shot and killed. It's gonna be amazing.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 25, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bran will be cold a lot, Theon will probably be completely broken, Yara will do some weird non-book plotline that won't make a lot of sense, Dany will capture Meereen and probably get started in on politics, Brienne will seek a maid of three-and-ten with auburn hair and blue eyes travelling with a knight or maybe a fool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holky gently caress predates Game of Thrones anyway. :tviv:

Brock Samson posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1061458&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post287387826 archives required, octuple simulpost, continued on next page, note timestamp, etc

E: Waaaaaaay predates it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Euron and Victarion haven't even been cast yet. They're not going to be in this season at all. Some people even think one or both of them will be cut entirely.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it makes more sense for them to be introduced next season anyway, but who knows.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Max posted:

Apparently the fight in the inn with Sandor and Arya is going to be at the end of the episode. How far are they pushing her story this season? It feels like she'll be in Bravos and blind by the 10th episode.

All signs seem to point towards them drawing out her journey with the Hound a bit more. I don't think we have any indication there will be much if any actual Faceless Man stuff this season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I guess because making people mad can be funny.

Like $200 dollars worth of funny based on how many were bought last year. :v:

I dunno why the thread needed to be locked, official policy should just be that you should have avatars off or you can't complain. But I guess people just want to freak out instead so I give up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well they have to do something all season. They'll probably have the Thenns attack over the wall earlier and episode 9 will be the big battle.

I wonder what they're going to do with Ygritte. Her death is such a heartbreaking scene. I hope she comes in the earlier attack because putting her death in the big battle episode would probably end up being too rushed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OBERYN POISONS TYWIN

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scapegoat posted:

What is the general consensus on this? I really hope it's GRRM trolling readers in Dance but even in Storm we get Tywin's "You are no son of mine" and Kevan's "Tywin would never kill a son of Joanna". Throw in Tyrion's features and there is an argument for it. I'd much rather R + L = J but we'll see.

The consensus is that it's completely idiotic and undermines the most interesting aspect of Tyrion and Tywin's relationship.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well the show watchers better not get bored of the King's Landing stuff because that's probably going to be the plotline with the most focus this season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nah, King's Landing is one of few plotlines where there's still plenty of material for the whole season without going beyond book 3. That and the Wall will be pretty much entirely book 3 stuff (though the Wall's will likely have a bunch of stuff added or changed somewhat).

Elsewhere though, they're definitely going to at least start drawing on books 4 and 5. Bran and Brienne off the top of my head will certainly be drawing heavily on their material from the later books.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Asiina posted:

They need to kill time until the books come out, or at least attempt to for as long as possible.

No, they aren't going to do this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That was some very tidy Oberyn exposition there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

nwin posted:

Who the gently caress are these guys talking to Tormund?

The Thenns.

Dunk namedrop!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:siren: Poison necklace :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh you. :allears:

• Locked thread