Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
It seemed like a lot of Tumblr thought Dorne was black. Which would have owned, but it's not really supported in the text. Michael K Williams would be quite an Oberyn.

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Any news on Illen Payne or does he not show up until season 5? I don't really remember the books too much. I heard the actor that plays him has cancer pretty bad so I assume they will have to recast him. He ends up being a fairly important character, but I guess they could just ditch him all together and maybe have Jamie train some other way. I hope not though.
Sadly the producers have said that they're not going to recast Ilyn, GuyDudeBroMan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Superhaus posted:

Only Cat.

The last thing Lysa ever heard.

And also the best moment in the whole series.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

In It For The Tank posted:

Basically it would be cool as poo poo and would go a long way to justifying Dany as a character. Build up a savior figure and turn them into a villain.
This happening would make the entire series for me.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
GRRM is a rad dude if you ask me. I don't think he's a pedophille, he writes some pretty badass books and he's not even that fat anymore. Good lad.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

whowhatwhere posted:

Plus the reason people keep going to The Bad Thread is that every now and n then it comes up with something like: http://tindeck.com/listen/utrz

Okay well that kind of owns.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

nine-gear crow posted:

I've heard, but have never been able to confirm that its a conscious choice on the part of Littlefinger as a character, adapting his accent to his audience in order to appear less/more threatening given the situation. It's kind of like Moriarty on Sherlock, who cycles through different regional/cultural accents whenever he talks to Sherlock in order to throw of his detective abilities and not give him any clues he could use to properly identify him.

Even if this isn't the case, this is how I think about it. People talk about the clip where his accent goes all over the place after he's just lost out on Harrenhall, but I just sort of imagine that it's him being pissed off and his guard/act completely drops for a second.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Apoplexy posted:

I have an odd prediction given that Locke is headed for the Night's Watch: Either he takes the role of Donal Noye in fighting to the death at Castle Black, or he takes over Alliser Thorne's role of harassing Jon while Thorne does. It would make sense to use a character already established to make a death interesting (especially if you have a semi-face-turn of Locke).

This would be a really cool change. I'd be happy for him to stick around, especially because that guy was so fantastic in his role of a menacing, evil oval office.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
these are some Gay rear end Posts right here

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

jsoh posted:

Bran is going to join House Stark and House Reed together with Hodor's rape baby as heir to both. A double rape so unprecedented that Roose just claps and gives up the north.

Roosey B is a man who can appreciate a good rape when he sees one. Quite the connoisseur.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I think they did really well with season one's Mountain, because I expected all the show-only people I know to forget who he was, but if you say 'dude who chopped a horse in half' everyone's instantly like 'oh right, that guy.'

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Joff's death was such a fantastic 'you've given me exactly what I wanted, but now I don't want it anymore!' moment. You spend so long wishing for a kid to die, and then the kid dies and you're thinking 'poo poo, I'm an rear end in a top hat for wanting this.'

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
It's weird that people seem to think George is frantically jacking it while writing something like the Cersei's walk chapter. Half of the things people say he's doing for kicks are actually meant to have the opposite effect of making you think about how horrifying and unnerving all that poo poo is.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Collateral posted:

The first step to redemption here seems to be the loss of (or more accurately, the forced removal) of the central foundation that their flawed character is built on. Theon and his magic cock, Jaime' sword hand and now Cersei has lost her pride. How her arc goes from here depends on how well Varys manipulates her.

This is what I love about how George explores his characters. He'll take the thing away from them that's most important, and then shows you how they react to that. I don't know if it's about redemption, I think it's that when those things are taken away, you can see deeper into that character.

e: Ned's pride is another good example of this. He eventually had to come out and say that he was a traitor for the good of his family. poo poo's deep.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Just done my first problematic re-read. Kept note of all the problematic pages.

that's problematic.... that's problematic... this is definitely problematic... hm god why am I still reading this

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Happy Hippo posted:

Why would you do this? Stop reading.

It was a little joke, mate

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I think I speak for both myself and the 499 other nerds in this thread when I say that sexism chat is lame as hell. Let's talk about Gregor Clegane's rockin abs.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Actually I appreciate the fact that he doesn't look like a steroid freak, you can tell he's insanely strong but he doesn't have body builder look. Dude has been working on his core strength not on his vanity muscles.

Absolutely. He's a man of action, and you best believe he's gonna be dunking on fools all season. Really hoping they give him some new scenes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

MrBims posted:

It is heavily implied in the kingsmoot chapter that Euron raped Aeron when they were young.

And also implied with Joffrey and Tommen but what the hell, is someone campaigning for more rape in the books, now? Interesting take on things.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Sorry for stirring the pot with the Tommen thing. I shoulda just written "A bunch of people think..." instead. I guess it's up to everyone's personal interpretation.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Soylent Pudding posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed if the series ends and Hodor is not King in the North.

Yeah, Hodor will be King In The North, but only 'cause Bran will be controlling him like Krang from the ninja turtles.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

ShaqDiesel posted:

Made of human skin :black101:

comes with a free sausage

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

timp posted:

Well of course it's a sausage...what did YOU think it was?

I've never sausage a thing in all my years

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
My word, this rape... it's realistically inaccurate !!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
It's proper strange that I'm more hyped for Sansa at the Eyrie than anything else. My favourite chapter of all the books for sure.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jedit posted:

Well, just as I was thinking rapechat was making this thread even worse than the Worst Thread, along comes Reddit with theories on how Tormund Giantsbane warged into a walrus and impregnated a bear. Certainly this seems more likely than the prevailing theory that Tormund lies about the size of his dick.

It made me feel kinda sad in ADWD when he said 'I could write that my member was as long and thick as my arm, but that doesn't make it true.' C'mon Tormund, just say it is. Don't let the dong veneer slip, son.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

zocio posted:

Rejoice, he was saying that he could lie and tell his member was as long and thick as his arm, when in reality it is more likely to be twice as big and thick as Mag the Mighty's arm.

Good point. I should know better than to ever doubt the dong.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Isaac really is looking like a bag lady, got drat.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Most of the commentary by the cast is just about saying how awesome whoever is currently on screen is, though...

Which is why Liam Cunningham and Carice van Houten should just commentate everything

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I like to think Bronn just named his son that to piss off Cersei, rather than out of any kind of friendship.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think Bronn genuinely like Tyrion, they had some good times together and Tyrion treated him better than most nobles treat sellswords, he is just not the kind of person who'd risk his now well-to-do life going against the most dangerous person in Westeros.

Oh yeah, he definitely does see Tyrion as a bit of a friend. I just like the idea of naming a child solely to piss someone off.

I'm hoping Bronn does something cool in the next book, I love that guy :)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Dingleberry posted:

And it's not realllly his son anyhow. Wasn't it a big, peasant "rape-shake" from Lolly's assault on the day of the riot?
If Bronn had to hit the skids to save his neck, don't think he'd slow down to let Lolly and Baby Tyrion keep up.

Oh drat, I'd actually forgot it wasn't even his son. That makes it even better.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Doltos posted:

that without his gold and lands and castles, all Viserys really has left is the ability to gently caress his sister.

Viserys is Ulillillia.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

escape artist posted:

Here's a little lesson in joke-writing 101: Don't attack the loving victim.
Do you have any more good tips like this, I'm taking notes for my improv class

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

escape artist posted:

Yeah. Don't waste your money on ANY comedy classes, especially the lowest form of comedy: improv.

*frantically scribbling in notebook*

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I feel like the lovely way they're handling Stannis means that in later books/seasons he's going to do some downright evil and eventually become a villain. Can't have him looking good if he's eventually going to join the Others or execute Jon for being a Targ or whatever.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

pigdog posted:

I was just watching a random video and you know who the best Victarion would be? Vinnie loving Jones.

It would please me to no end to hear Vinnie Jones shout 'you fackin caaaaaaahhhnt' at a monkey before throwing it off a ship.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Doltos posted:

He'd be way too likable as Victarion. That character is supposed to be a loving hard rear end, hard as nails, head butt you as he's dying type of guy. Look at how Jones was used in Lock Stock and Snatch. Cool, calm, collected. Walks softly but carries a big stick. Victarion is all about growling and looking menacing while killing people brutally.
Gotcha. Let's go Danny Dyer instead.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Joffrey is a cool dude, not unlike Nelson Muntz.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Part of me thinks a huge budget movie to finish the series would be kind of cool, but that would take loving forever and there's also a chance it'll end up just being horrendously bad. So I don't know. Either way, sort your act out, GRRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Daario v2 isn't slimy enough :(

• Locked thread