Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Yes fracture is a great cross class skill for paladin, always keep it up when you're not about to lose threat (protip that shouldn't be the norm) or TP starved, and multidot where appropriate. Time it so you can reapply it just before your damage buff falls because afaik all DoTs snapshot and you'll gain maybe literally a point of DPS. The TP issue is a bit more complicated and the answer is get a bard and manipulate your melee dps into asking for TP song.

KaneTW posted:

I think I worded my original post poorly. As long people are just playing suboptimally or whatever, I've got no beef with them. Maybe I'll give them tips and if they don't want to listen I'll move on. But if they spread misinformation in a forum thread where someone can read it and take it for the truth I'll call them out and I guess sometimes get a little hostile.

I understand, I have the same attitude. Just thought what you were saying was something different about the FC.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
And yes I am a sensitive loving pansy.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

dreffen posted:

:smith:

Also sleep, then wake up at/around 4.

Considered it, but my girlfriend would be salty if I went to bed at 6PM.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Smornstein posted:

It's been 1000 pages do we know if Warriors should use Fracture or not yet?

In a perfect world, all jobs would have access to fracture.

fake edit: I instantly read this sentence and thought you said monk.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Here's a quick guide to Fracture:

Can you cross class Fracture? If yes do it.

Are you not dragoon? Use fracture till you run out of tp.

Are you dragoon? I'm sorry.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Gonna show up to raids as an Archer instead of a Bard so I can use Fracture on the boss

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Paladins please use fracture so I can Goad you instead of the monk

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

:getout:

Debating staying up til 4AM my time or not to play ASAP.

Jokes on you my sleep schedule is all kinds of hosed right now so I get to play suboptimally all night long

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Smornstein posted:

It's been 1000 pages do we know if Warriors should use Fracture or not yet?

I used Fracture to count down Death Sentence in t5. :v:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Verranicus posted:

Considered it, but my girlfriend would be salty if I went to bed at 6PM.

Jesus how many hours do you sleep?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Looking forward to some 1AM bullshit

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

dreffen posted:

14 hours, apparently.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Eej posted:

Unlock every weaponskill in every class as you level so you can see the unique animations they put on most of them for each weapon type and wonder why they bothered when no one can actually use them at endgame because of Jobs.

Very few of those unique animations are ACTUALLY unique. In most cases it's [one of the autoattack animations] + [some particle effect].

To be fair you're just as likely to actually see your autoattack animations as you are to see someone with cross classed straight shot at 50.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

dreffen posted:

It's more that I'd be sleeping during the time that we're both usually most active and hanging out together. That said, I do love my sleep.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Verranicus posted:

It's more that I'd be sleeping during the time that we're both usually most active and hanging out together. That said, I do love my sleep.

Sleep is great but man sleep is a hassle.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sleep would be better if the drat DPS would quit breaking it!

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Will this not even unlock to patch until after midnight?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Oh lord, turn off the servers for a day and we all go mad. Help us Yoshi-p

Kodilynn posted:

This is a good question, though. It appears the patch itself won't go up until late, yes. It's still not up and it's 4PM PST now. At this point I would assume it won't go up until near launch.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Kodilynn posted:

Yoshida and Foxclon are doing a live reading of the patch notes. They will usually push the "on" button towards the end of that, announcing servers now live. So if you wanna be hype, get on that hype train over at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zdv-UqtnAc (starts in 6.5h)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Does the launcher periodically check for patches while open, or do we need to keep launching it? I wasn't so obsessive for past patches.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

nuru posted:

Does the launcher periodically check for patches while open, or do we need to keep launching it? I wasn't so obsessive for past patches.
It usually needs to do a launcher update for patches, and I think it only checks for those when you start the launcher.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nuru posted:

I need to make a list of Cactuar goons so I can find more people to stalk. Otherwise, it's time to ponder the big question before riding the Ninja train: Is a Lalafell with a glowing sword / shield better than a Lalafell with a large glowing axe?

A proper Cactuar goon in game meet and greet would be cool, we're really scattered on that server.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Klades posted:

Very few of those unique animations are ACTUALLY unique. In most cases it's [one of the autoattack animations] + [some particle effect].

To be fair you're just as likely to actually see your autoattack animations as you are to see someone with cross classed straight shot at 50.

Sword Oath!

What's the deal with it? Am I supposed to not be hitting abilities with it on or what?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
So uh, how many hours is it til the servers are meant to come back up?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Robo Reagan posted:

Sword Oath!

What's the deal with it? Am I supposed to not be hitting abilities with it on or what?

Abilities do not affect your autoattack. Ability animations take priority over the autoattack animation, so it can be hard to tell, but you never stop autoattacking even when in the middle of an ability.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Robo Reagan posted:

Sword Oath!

Autoattacks happen no mater what you do, so keep spamming them combos. What Sword Oath does is add a second 50 potency hit to your autoattacks, which makes them hit about 70% harder compared to without Sword Oath. This is a Good Thing when you don't need the threat or mitigation of Shield Oath, or if you don't have Shield Oath.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Asciana posted:

A bunch.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I hope the patch gets uploaded to the servers early so I can
a) Preload it
b) find the OST ripped off of it on Reddit or something

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Asciana posted:

About 9 hours

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Red Red Blue posted:

About 9 hours

Never too early to start F5ing

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Thanks for the quick Tank and HUD advice guys. I get basic concepts, its just the sense of "All these buttons/meters/Rotations" that's getting to me. My "Tanking" experience up to now has consisted of two steps. Dive face first into 30+ wizards/hammer hands cyborgs/nazi werewolves. Put taunt power on auto cast. "Oh the blaster pulled the second floor of this room by accident and can't even see our team under the mass of bodies? It's cool." Adjust for area/boss gimmicks.

I loved City, but I can admit it's gameplay complexity and difficulty compared to more standard MMO's was like comparing kids mashing action figures together making explosions noises, to Warhammer tournaments. Or some other mangled metaphor.

Klades posted:

His new rotation: Fire 3 Blizzard 3 Fire 3 Blizzard 3...

I know I don't even have those spells yet, but this sort of thing reminds me of my constant 'well, there can't be anyone actually WORSE at X viddy game than me right?' naivety being a vast understatement.

Still, looks like a nice time to pick this game up again after barely touching it the first time. I didn't even realize there was a kickass new classes and stuff update waiting in the wings at the time.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Section Z posted:

Klades posted:

His new rotation: Fire 3 Blizzard 3 Fire 3 Blizzard 3...

I know I don't even have those spells yet, but this sort of thing reminds me of my constant 'well, there can't be anyone actually WORSE at X viddy game than me right?' naivety being a vast understatement.

But he was learning! His algorithm was developing quite steadily you just needed to provide a carrot on a stick / tidbit to reward the behaviour X^nY instead of XY

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
It's amazing how you can notice when people actually read their ability tooltips just from watching them play. I think most people forget to check their traits...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

And yes I am a sensitive loving pansy.

same

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
Not sure if this has already been posted, but this seems to be a good guide on picking up 2.4 quests

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

zolthorg posted:

But he was learning! His algorithm was developing quite steadily you just needed to provide a carrot on a stick / tidbit to reward the behaviour X^nY instead of XY
[/quote]

I attempted to explain it to him again after that and the only result is sometimes he did Fire 3 twice in a row.
I don't think he used any of the Thunder spells on bosses at all either :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
New thread for 2.4, since this one's been around for a year and a half and amassed a thousand pages. Don't gently caress it up

• Locked thread