Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I usually have good luck with PUG tanks but the one time I went with another goon to do the Sunken Temple our tank wasn't using any of his enmity skills. We managed to beat the first boss somehow, but after 30 minutes of beating our heads against the second one all the while nicely trying to tell him to "use your abilities" during which all we ever got was "ok" before he just suddenly quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played since the free subscription with the game ran out, has anything new been added/have there been major changes and do you still need to grind fates some time after level 40 or so, since there are no quests or anything?

Demicol fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 5, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

They also hinted that the new classes wouldn't quite be what people are expecting

This is Square-Enix, they are saying this and expecting their new and shiny classes to be something new and awesome, but it will totally just end up being something generic/expected.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Got a link? The news bulletin in the launcher still says urls coming later. Beaten while I wrote my post. Thanks

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Coil Extreme. Please look forward to it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

"Are you really American?" - Yoshi P

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

They promised a gun class so its going to be a tank/healer in expansion probably.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

People get mad when you tell them how to play a game

Copperbell normal. We wipe and I ask the tank to please hold aggro. "You shut up and do more damage" and then I get kicked.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Vil posted:

I had a baby tank in Toto-rak the other day as I was leveling my bard, but he was actually really friendly and open to advice. At the beginning, he was face-pulling packs and letting 2/3 of them run off at the healer. At the end, he was shield lobbing on the way in, double flashing, and rage of halone comboing. :3:

(Okay, so he wasn't always rage of halone comboing the right thing, but he still went from an F to a solid B+ or A- in the course of one instance.)

Occasions like that are why I like to at least try to give advice. They totally outweigh the times when people flip their poo poo. Besides, those are entertaining too, in a different way.

This was my experience today too. The tank was only attacking the initial monster of the pull for a long time and not spreading hate at all, I instructed him to spread his damage around and to use overpower more often and by the end he was pretty competent, even asked us to tell him if we was doing badly.
Then we had a lancer who ran ahead of everyone and didn't listen when asked not to, kept killing the bombs in the slime boss in Copperbell etc. We even let him die a few times but that didn't seem to matter much to him.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

SCH does get more involved healing-wise the further you go but most low-level dungeons you an clear by /follow:ing someone and going to make a sandwich.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

nene. posted:

Any changes to atma farming..

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

There's also many ways to get basically an equally powerful weapon, as people have listed during the last few pages.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So I have a lot of myth and no money because furniture. I heard you can buy some crafting materials with it and sell it, what should I be grabbing?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Endings posted:

Experienced a weird bug in Coil2 last night -- Our scholar suddenly stopped being able to cast spells on us and vice versa. When we tried, we got an error message citing 'Aetherial Interference' as the reason why we couldn't

Exiting and re-entering worked, but seriously, :wtf:.

I was doing Leviathan Ex and the other healer said he got a bug where he couldn't target anyone unless he was right next to them.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The Chairman posted:

You sure he just didn't have like a dozen stacks of Briny Mirror?

I guess you mean Briny Veil, didn't realize that affected range, thought it just made you take more damage.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is there a list of Hunt linkshells anywhere? I kept hearing about the Monster Hunter one but no idea who runs it.

There's at least Mike Hunts and I also made one called Goon Will Hunting, just shout in the FC chat and I'm sure either one can pick you up.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 10, 2014

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Smart Car posted:

You can make personal rooms look pretty sweet. They're not that big but you get a really nice amount of items to work with for the space.

If furniture didn't cost hundreds of thousands of gil just for a single rug, sure. I had 300k saved for furniture and I managed to make it look decent enough but I can't have anything fancy.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If you have to run, run toward the tank so he an get aggro back easily instead of running after you.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

big sperma shot posted:

is excalibur worth 18 bucks

I definitely wouldn't have played this game for so long if I wasn't in the goon guild, even if you don't actively group up with anyone just having people to chat with is great.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just finished a Tam-Tara where the level 18 newbie Arcanist (no other classes leveled at all) was using the Carbuncle to go behind the casters and pushed them into melee range for me as a tank. I've never seen anyone do that and I sure as hell didn't think to do it when I was playing ANC.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 1, 2014

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

You can send an application from their house, if they have one, I believe.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I did the seasonal event quests but I didn't do the minigames, now I have no idea where they were and I apparently need to do them to unlock the new dance. Are they listed somewhere or some other way to find out?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

:psyduck: I'm scared of accepting the quest (again?)

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Got 90k'd after beating Titan and server won't let me back in.
Thanks everyone who I was running the relic train with for my WAR relic, hopefully killing Titan but not exiting the arena counts as killing him for the relic.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I do wonder how they'll keep all the current level 50 content relevant when the expansion hits and the level cap goes up.

Maybe they will do something crazy and original and not increase the level cap instead.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Someone had posted a while back macros for auto-marking targets, anyone still have that?

From FFGoons:

quote:

/tenemy (note: this targets the nearest enemy)
/mk attack1 <t>
/ac "Target Forward"
/mk attack2 <t>
(Repeat Target Forward for attack3 and attack4 as needed)
/target <attack1>

Keep in mind if there are two enemies and you do a macro to mark 3, #3 will overwrite #1 and you end up with #2 and #3. I personally have one macro for marking two enemies and one for three.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

dreffen posted:

People who main SCH, I was wondering if any of you would mind sharing your hotbar setups! I thought maybe to ask the SCH players in the thread who are more in the know than I am because sure as gently caress don't know what I'm doing.

Not subscribed atm but here's a random screenshot I have:

Edit: Just noticed the purple stuff is missing for some reason.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

You can just right click their name and add to blacklist, can't you? Or am I thinking of some other game.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ither posted:

It seems like it would have been more thematic if Dragoon was going to be released in the expansion.

I wonder if they'll get a power up or something.

There might be a new job that builds from Lancer, but I can't think of anything more thematic though unless they make a new one and don't just use existing FF jobs.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Unless you made a lot of progress in the old version, I would say just make a new account.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

"Roido"? My Engrish-to-English dictionary is choking on this. Lloyd? 'Roid?

Raid maybe?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Resubbed so I can finish 2.3 content before the patch so here's my friend code if anyone wants to use it: 53EW6KRZ

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Finally got around to doing Ramuh and I really liked it, probably my favorite (non-EX) primal fight now. Hyped for Shiva, hope its as fun. And maybe we will even get that Odin fight.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

A few pages ago it was said that you would just "get access to" DRK for buying the expansion, I would like to think this means that you would have to have a character created already and you would get the job crystal added to your inventory/mailed to you, so it could still possibly start at level 1. And if not you would have at least one other class at lvl 1 to railroad you trough the story/quests if you get lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Had the worst run of Pharos Sirus I've ever seen. Bad PLD tank was pulling mobs with Provoke among other things. We wiped enough that after finally getting to the final boss and one attempt later all my gear broke and the tank DC'd. I put on some random stuff I had lying around in an attempt to get us trough the boss:

That's a level 30 weapon :(
If the new tank hadn't been really highly geared WAR we probably wouldn't have made it. I have never used the fairy abilities more in my entire play time.

• Locked thread