Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
So I did a HM Ifrit run, main tanking, and died 3 times. I'm assuming it was the healer's fault considering I've done it about 6 times tonight without issue.

Somehow, after every single rez, I was able to get back up and snap aggro back to me permanently from the offtank.

After looking at his buffs, I realized why.

He wasn't using an oath. :smith:

e: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ipods should work for the authenticator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Did someone say good boss music?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Coach Sport posted:

Man, I want to start playing with a controller just so I can tell PUGs I'm doing so and watch them flip their poo poo. People get salty enough when you watch cutscenes or don't have perfect gear, imagine how pissed they'll be when you say you're tanking with a controller.

You don't even have to say it, most controller users are fairly obvious just from moving (you'll walk instead of run a lot on other players screens)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

sound_again posted:

The plot itself is nothing revolutionary from what I've seen so far (level 33-34 here)

Get ready for fun.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I haven't seen a bad class storyline. Paladin has an ehhhhhhhhh moment at 45 but that it for me so far.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
My one dislike for the paladin quest line is the fact that your loving captain tries to kill you -AFTER- he gives you a full god damned set of armor (minus chest)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Grondoth posted:

How are Gridanians assholes? They were described as isolationist and a bit xenophobic, but as a Conjurer they never seemed all that bad. They're weird, because of all the elemental appeasement they do so that the forest doesn't swallow them whole, but they seemed like pretty decent people to me. Is there a horrible dark side where they cast people out and they turn into bandits because there's no other way to survive?

Read the duskwight elezen lore

play the archer storyline

They're all a bunch of fucks.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Sankis posted:

Is it me or are there portions of areas that seem completely squandered? The evil sylph town, the place behind the big gates in the area where Aleport is, just about all of Outer La Noscea. Any of the beastman lands seem fully populated and unique but I don't think you ever go to any of them.

You invade them for your relic storyline; once to recover the ruined relic, and a second time to charge it with their aether (kill 24 beast men :v:)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Fix Weight of the Land, gently caress Titan HM.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

cathead posted:

Not sure what needs to be fixed about it. All of his moves follow a pattern, you should be able to anticipate it if you're familiar with the fight and your group moves properly.

edit: Here's a handy chart

It hits me even if i'm outside the circle. Managed to work out a way around it but its a fuckin pain in the rear end.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Xenoletum posted:

That's not your receiving ping though. That's just the amount of data you're receiving. Check out FFGoons for the TCP Fix though and you'll have less of an issue with latency. Leatrix Latency Fix also solves some of the problems.

e:f;b twice.

Where is the TCP fix on FFGoons? don't see it

e: oh im a stupid newbie and i probably can't see it

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 18, 2013

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Magus42 posted:

You realize you have to level said new character to 10 before you can even unlock a crafting profession, right?

Level 10 takes about 30 minutes if you spam fates

(maybe like an hour)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I decided to roll a lalafell on a JP server during maintenance.

This was a mistake. Now I want to fantasia my catgirl into one.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Got an instance pop, accepted, 90k and kicked out.

We were doing so good SE!

e: got back in and the group was waiting faithfully for me :3:

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 21, 2013

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Once cosmetic slots come out I will never swap out of AF (or AF+2) gear. Please look forward to it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

I wish like any of the gear for WAR looked good :(

I do rather like the Amdapor Keep body thing, most people hate it but I like it so an even better candidate to cosmetic slot!

I really like the warrior AF gear, the fur lining and poo poo looks badass.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Good King is the "god" of the Moogles. The thing that makes a primal a primal is that they're essentially immortal; get enough crystals and aether and you can bring them back as many times as you like.

End of storyline spoilers
It's also toyed at by Gaius that the Twelve are also primals; they'll come knocking as long as you give them the same materials used to summon primals

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Aladar posted:

Then maybe you should have tried saying like, say, "Please do not do that" with google translate before being a douchebag! But no, that's crazy talk, isn't it.

Also, I can't believe I've done gone and done this:

Admittedly it wasn't hard to get both SCH and SMN since they share a class and all, but I can't stop getting new jobs :shepface:

:smug: Gotta catch 'em all.

(I do not look forward to monk or black mage.)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Terper posted:

There's a new trailer from TGS, featuring Bahamut's Coil... and a special surprise guest. :ssh:

I absolutely love how they used the melody from Answers in that music.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I've done an Archer and Thurtamage up to 10 also, and you kill stuff roughly double speed. So far I've yet to run into anything I flat out can't kill, it's just slower.

Pull Thunder from THM, it helps~

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And Aero from CNJ

I don't believe CNJs can cross class their own skills

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Nephielle posted:

Note: Everyone should make their character a Lalafell.

Never. Catgirl for life.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Attention Deficit posted:

The 60-day cards from game.co.uk are digital (they email the code), and you can pay with PayPal. Might be worth a shot.

Wouldn't that have serious region issues?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Lance Streetman posted:

I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

I believe it's because console pubbies are worse than regular pubbies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I use controller for crafting and poo poo where i can just lay back but yeah no way in hell for level 50 poo poo (ifrit HM maybe)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Made a nifty pop all cooldowns macro for Bard, since they're all on different cooldown times I recommend having them separate on your bars just in case but this should help for burn phases

quote:

/ac "Blood for Blood" <me>
/echo Blood for Blood active!
/wait .5
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/echo Raging Strikes active!
/wait .5
/ac "Barrage" <me>
/echo Barrage active!
/wait .5
/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/echo Hawk's Eye active!
/wait .5
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/echo Internal Release active!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I might use the wig from the costume once vanity comes out

But that requires tossing my bard hat away

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mordiceius posted:

So is there anything like a holy paladin?

Not really. WHM is like a holy priest/resto druid hybrid.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mordiceius posted:

Well poo poo. I hate having to manage hots, so I guess I'll go with the scholar (that's the one with the fairy pet, right?)

You have Regen, and Medica II (A group heal that has a hot tacked on).

You aren't managing poo poo

/\/\/\/\/\ Scholars have a shield tied into two of their heals, and they only get 2 faeries (heal and support)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

jsr v2.0 posted:

So why can't they give tomes and drop level-appropriate gear? Why does it have to be one or the other? I can't remember another MMO in history that literally had no loot drops for max level dungeons.
Because that gear would be immediately replaced by WP/AK gear, and it gives more tomes than any other dungeon at 50

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Terper posted:

Pfft, dragoon rotation. Check out Monks, scrub.

That's a direct rip of the feral druid rotation from vanilla/bc WoW and it makes me unreasonably upset that someone took it for ffxiv

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
If it wasn't for the vehicle portion Praetorium would be so much faster to speedrun

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Status_Effects
Hope this helps.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Hokuto posted:

This, but with caster cowls. Down with cowls and head+chest armor forever. Even vanity slots can't make cowls look good.
I might buy AF2 Robe on my WHM instead of getting relic+1 to avoid the cowl

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Has anyone figured out when SE charges for subs? Does it go by JST or local time (Am I going to get billed at midnight on the 6th in Japan or the 6th in NA)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Actually, it's not your hometown since you're an adventurer from afar! :eng101:

Aye, I think your actual birthplace is determined by race (all suncats were born in La Noscea, all Hellsguard in Thanalan, etc)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mazed posted:

Take your pick:

- Pirate School Principal

- Granny Galadriel

- Pretty Princess and her Spiky Manhorse

:colbert:

Granny Galadriel is the only choice.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

abraham linksys posted:

Grr, my Bard friend is doing A Relic Reborn, and his materia (Heavens' Eye III) cost 4k gil each. Mine (Battledance III) cost 27k gil each :negative:

His weapon also costs 18k, while mine is 40k. Is this some supply and demand bullshit? I'm not sure whether I should drop almost 100k gil on this quest or attempt to actually do any crafting (which I've ignored so far because pressing number keys to make things is even more boring than pressing number keys to hit things)

Depends on how many 50 crafters you have.

HQ version of the WHM prerelic is 5k, materia is 20k on Leviathan

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

THE PWNER posted:

This sounds a lot cooler on paper then it will end up being. "Oh we're at the boss, I guess we're waiting for the slower groups!"

Easily navigationable. Even lore friendly. For every party that downs their split side, they issue a "rallying cry" and the party(s) not there yet get something like a 50% bonus to hp/damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

notZaar posted:

Well that's just really drat odd.

Idiots trying to dump supplies. Same thing with the jewelry market, people are undercutting my NQ jewelry (heh, failing a 98% quality craft, gently caress you square enix) with HQ and loving my market.

• Locked thread